Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Charlton Team of the decade

Comments

• Options
    Rhys Williams.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, most of those players I forgot with the exception of Thurman, who I will never forget the QPR game at home when I watched almost the whole game through my fingers.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    My worst eleven;

Thuram

Nego, Rhys Williams, Seaborne, Borrowdale

Eggart Johnson, Le Point, Kerkar, 

Kaikai, Peter Parsnip, Zyro

Subs; McCormack, Francis, Church, Rojo, Gary Doherty, Dodoo, Leon Clarke, El Haji Ba, albeit some of these players were Charltonised and found greener pastures elsewhere.

• Options
    Thuram,

Bessone, Doherty, Roger Johnson, Foley

Kaikai Ba Cellabos, Botaska

Reza Nouble

• Options
    Makes you cringe just looking at those names...
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Bloody hell, most of those players I forgot with the exception of Thurman, who I will never forget the QPR game at home when I watched almost the whole game through my fingers.
     You was lucky mate prior to that I saw him weetabix one from 30 yards in the 1-0 defeat at Boro and throw two in very late on for a 2-1 defeat at Wigan 😡
  • Options
    Had genuinely forgotten a lot of these names being mentioned.
  • Options
    Had genuinely forgotten a lot of these names being mentioned.
    Best thing as well the memory dustbin has its uses otherwise you'd never get to sleep of a night. 😉
  • Options
    Regarding Seabourne, I think we took him on loan as a favour to Southampton, the saints fans who I work with said he was a pain as he was always clubbing in the town and the old club car often had to pick him up, they also said he used to strut around the girls with the "do you know who I am" attitude.

Typical nobody who thought he was somebody.
  • Options
    I think Rhys Williams was outstandingly bad when he played for us although to be fair he was unfit like a lot of players we took on loan.

The choice of poor players is pretty staggering but my standout for comedy moments has to be Thuram. Watching him warm up at the Valley was very entertaining.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Rhys Williams.
    This, with bells and whistles on. Didn't last long,  but every match was a nightmare with him In the team.
  • Options
    Similar to what I've done on the best team of the decade

2009/10: Gary Borrowdale
    2010/11: Franck Nouble
    2011/12: Mikel Alonso
    2012/13: Emmanuel Frimpong
    2013/14: Yohann Thuram
    2014/15: Oguchi Onyewu
    2015/16: Zakarya Bergdich
    2016/17: Roger Johnson
    2017/18: Harry Lennon
    2018/19: Sullay Kaikai
    2019/20: Beram Kayal

So....

Thuram
    Onyewu - Johnson - Lennon
    Bergdich - Alonso - Frimpong - Kayal - Borrowdale
    Nouble - Kaikai
  • Options
    Reading back through this thread, I forgot quite how shite we were! 
  • Options
    Ba was so bad, such a liability, that when he was playing for us I thought he was playing for them.
  • Options
    Thuram

Toure.    R Williams.    Doherty.     Borrowdale

Kaikai    A. Faye.  Cellabos     Kerkar

Reza.  Nouble

Joint managers of Freaye and Luzon.

Maybe a bit harsh on R Williams and Docherty who were great pros we just got too late in their careers.  The rest are not only poor footballers but totally gutless, spineless wasters whom do not deserve to have made careers and money from the game and are best forgotten.
  • Options
    Rhys Williams..anyone else recall his performance at Colchester in the cup...
  • Options
    Gower was pretty awful for us given that he actually looked half decent for Swansea previously.
  • Options
    No need to insult the shit players, I'd take a career in football if I could get away with it 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Never went but saw the next two away same week at Huddersfield and Hull 0-5 and 0-6 respectively where he obviously was going from bad to worse. Seriously even in my 60's I think I could have defended better 😡.
  • Options
    And then he followed it up with another classic performance away to Hull a few days later! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another one who played 1 1/2 games was the midfielder from Man City, Razak or something like that, wouldn't say bad but nothing memorable about him.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    And then he followed it up with another classic performance away to Hull a few days later! 
    Don't  let him off lightly ffs he was dog poo inbetween those two at Udders as well 😈.
  • Options
    I thought Fanni and Motta were OK and there were moments of skill from Kerkar, Zyro and Botaka though all too few. Crofts and Foley were here to do a job and at the end of careers, and Church might have been poor but he did at least try. 
    Some others I remember - McAleney - on loan from Everton and utterly terrible. Of course he scored against us when on loan to Wigan. 
    Lee Novak - never looked bothered. 
    Franck Moussa - he was poor as well, another great signing from Belgium 
    Bergdych - another poor signing with Belgian connections

Maybe we need a terrible Belgian-connected 11? 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    My worst eleven;

Thuram

Nego, Rhys Williams, Seaborne, Borrowdale

Eggart Johnson, Le Point, Kerkar, 

Kaikai, Peter Parsnip, Zyro

Subs; McCormack, Francis, Church, Rojo, Gary Doherty, Dodoo, Leon Clarke, El Haji Ba, albeit some of these players were Charltonised and found greener pastures elsewhere.

Scary. That team would struggle in the Isthmian League.
  • Options
    Kerkar was alright, not the most gifted, but put a decent shift in at the end of that season. No where near the worst for me 
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    I thought Fanni and Motta were OK and there were moments of skill from Kerkar, Zyro and Botaka though all too few. Crofts and Foley were here to do a job and at the end of careers, and Church might have been poor but he did at least try. 
    Some others I remember - McAleney - on loan from Everton and utterly terrible. Of course he scored against us when on loan to Wigan. 

I agree, those players were nowhere near the worst

Not sure why Moussa was so disappointing, he's played over here for years and did really well for Coventry so not new to the league

• Options
    rananegra said:

I actually thought Motta was fairly decent, definitely shouldn’t be in this conversation (not should Fanni TBF)
  • Options
    Fanni and Motta were ok i thought. 
    Better than that....they were actually quite good. 
  • Options
    Harry Lennon must be in with a shout....
  • Options
    If we had Suk-Young, Motta, Fanni and Teixeira from the start of that season we'd have been in with a shout of avoiding relegation. 

As it happened we had a younger, worse Sarr and a Bauer who didn't play for over half the season, which led us to play Lennon and hopeless loanees like Williams. 

I'd put Razak, Borrowdale, Seabiscuit, Johnson, Jonsson and Doodoo in my team, also whoever the player was that came on in the league cup against Southampton away (might be imagining it, but I'm fairly sure he was on loan to us from a Welsh League club)