Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall’s first interview

Comments

• Options
    Not sure about the closed body language in that photo. Olly must have given a hard hitting interview. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    redbuttle said:
    No matter what time the interview is on I guarantee someone will have something to moan about. No wonder people take the piss out of our fans. 
    Every other clubs' fans praise us after every away game.

It's only @oohaahmortimer that moans about our away followings :smile:

• Options
    Not sure about the closed body language in that photo. Olly must have given a hard hitting interview. 
    Looks like Olly's there to talk about skateboarding
    Hey, lay off Olly.

At least he's not Palace. :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Looks like Olly's there to talk about skateboarding
    Hey, lay off Olly.

At least he's not Palace. :smile:

Sorry, forgot me smiley
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Rizzo said:
    Oggy Red said:
    redbuttle said:
    No matter what time the interview is on I guarantee someone will have something to moan about. No wonder people take the piss out of our fans. 

It's only Charlton fans that moan about Charlton fans. 
    Usually on here. :smile:

You should see the Facebook group. Never known any group more likely to be slagging off Charlton fans, players, managers or anyone else vaguely associated with the club. 
    I left facebook as it's a cesspit of misery, like most social media.

Edit: Sorry forgot to say that group is just a very unhappy place no matter what the news. 
  • Options
    I hope MS is prepared to have every single word he utters in the interview scrutinised and taken at face value and repeated later down the line when he does something that someone doesn't like 
    Modern world/football though isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southall drinking from a moon cup, ESI will be out as soon as they notice 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    redbuttle said:

Since the protests and Bowyer taking over and before then nothing. 

Away support today is very vocal. Brilliant support and is mentioned every week by home support. 

Well a lot of that is down to Bows. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    redbuttle said:

Since the protests and Bowyer taking over and before then nothing. 

Away support today is very vocal. Brilliant support and is mentioned every week by home support. 

Well a lot of that is down to Bows. 
    Yep. But it's the Charlton fans who actually give their support.
    That's down to them.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    TBF to @Ollywozere it was recorded on Mufti Friday, even though my source told me Matt Southall did ask Olly to take off his Lyle Taylor mask before filming started.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Quite right! Let's all be simpering cretinous sycophants and swallow everything we are told  ;)
    Or maybe let's just wait and see what Mr. Southall actually says before jumping to conclusions
    Exactly, give the new owners a chance...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    redbuttle said:

Thank god, other teams fans don't read this forum
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    redbuttle said:
    Oggy Red said:
    redbuttle said:

Thank god, other teams fans don't read this forum
    Yeah, but there's a couple of tame Lions, a Hornet .... plus a whippet owner from Huddersfield Town and a pig from Sheffield Wednesday.

Have I forgotten anybody? :smile:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Uboat said:
    Whenever I see a picture of Southall I think he's going to be promoting his new solo album. 
    Haha so true 
    No, that was Spandau Ballet.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    Quite right! Let's all be simpering cretinous sycophants and swallow everything we are told  ;)
    Or maybe let's just wait and see what Mr. Southall actually says before jumping to conclusions
    Exactly, give the new owners a chance...
    And also hear Lyle Taylor version of the time line. It's a two way street.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southall drinking from a moon cup, ESI will be out as soon as they notice 

Ewww! Neil that's just grim. And even if it's been boiled within an inch of its life, it's hardly practical as a drinking vessel.
    Oh and now I'm picturing a mooncup the size of your average disposable coffee cup, and instinctively clamping my knees together.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Whenever I see a picture of Southall I think he's going to be promoting his new solo album. 
     Not sure.
    Southall and the Sheikhs?
    Surely its got to be "Sheiking Southall" ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Uboat said:
     Not sure.
    Southall and the Sheikhs?
    Surely its got to be "Sheiking Southall" ;)

Or The Beautiful South-all
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    In the interview, which premieres exclusively, for free, across Charlton’s website and social media channels at 7pm, Southall talks about the importance of the club’s community trust, why ESI bought the club and the plans moving forward. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e149be281ce4/matt-southall-delighted-with-the-reception-he-has-received-from-charlton-fans
  • Options
    Wonder how old he is... Sounds quite young
  • Options
    Wonder how old he is... Sounds quite young
    35, handsome so and so ain't he