Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall’s first interview

Comments

• Options
    Southall, Bowyer, and his agent have agreed to get the contract sorted after the January transfer window
    I can't say I am best pleased with that.

Surely getting Bowyer's contract sorted as soon as possible will make it easier in player contract negotiations. Bowyer will play a big part in convincing a player to come to the club, and it will be his vision that will encourage them.

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Southall saying that Bowyers agent wants to get the transfer window out the way first makes ne think that Bowyer wants to see the investment before he agrees a new contract
    Or he doesn't want his own contract to get in the way of signings that improve the team 
    Surely seeing a manager on a 2 or 3 year deal, makes players more confident when joining rather than seeing a manager on  a 6 month deal who could be gone at the end of the season
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Fans amazing, drums atmosphere and constant singing make it a tough place to come. 

If you're wavering buy a half season ticket and get back down the Valley.

Has a belief we can compete this season still. 

(Sheffield United an example IMO)
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Southall saying that Bowyers agent wants to get the transfer window out the way first makes ne think that Bowyer wants to see the investment before he agrees a new contract
    Or he doesn't want his own contract to get in the way of signings that improve the team 
    Surely seeing a manager on a 2 or 3 year deal, makes players more confident when joining rather than seeing a manager on  a 6 month deal who could be gone at the end of the season
    Snap. 
  • Options
    Very good ... enjoyed listening to that. Lots of promise and potential. 
  • Options
    Quality.

How refreshing is it to have a proper chairman.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Speaks highly of academy. Makes it clear that bringing players through is an example of how to make things work.

He would not have let Aribo go to Rangers.
    How could anybody stop him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks CE never knew that we even had an official youtube site :smile:
  • Options
    Everything said was good, it sounded sensible and plausible.
    Now we have to get down to work.
  • Options
    Can someone clarify this please - When asked about the Academ, did he say that the Club gonna be continuing to push the players on, or they're going to hold on to them for a bit?
  • Options
    Aim to be a Category One Academy.
  • Options
    Bar the 247 ya knows, thought it was alright . Cards close to his chest which is expected . We Just need to get behind the team and bows the next 5 months and see where we are in the summer. A summer that could be our most important ever as a football club 
  • Options
    Very impressive listening. 

Think he gets us, gets what needs to happen and is far more no nonsense than previous CEO.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why am I commentating... It's bloody live on YouTube.
    It's the Match Thread, Dazzler.
  • Options
    Quite like him “you know” good interview. We do have the financial backing behind us going from his comment on Gallen getting quoted overinflated prices for transfer targets. Can’t grumble at any of it. In total agreement. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He seems to truly understand what we the fans want to see.
    & hear .................. :smiley:
  • Options
    Good interview... He comes across very well
  • Options
    To summarise

- He understands the importance of the trust and the community and sees it as a priority
    - He has spoke to Bowyer and his agent, and they will talk about contracts after the January transfer window. They believe signings are the main issue at this moment
    - He realises reinforcements are needed and is prepared to sign players in January, although he won’t be splashing £10million on one player
    - He is prepared to make decisions that some fans may not agree with however he will explain all of them if need be
    - Situations we have seen so commonly recently, with regards to letting our youth products go for cheap, WILL NOT happen under him 
  • Options
    Matt "you know" Southall, you're almost as dull as Olly.
  • Options
    Said all the right things.Sounded genuine and spoke with a passion which has so sadly been lacking under Roland.Would have liked to have seen LB contract sorted but confident that will follow.Proof will be in the pudding but early signs foe me are encouraging.COYR
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Comes across really well. Lost count of the (you know), but it's looking all positive to me. :) Southall's (you know army!).
  • Options
    So basically, 
    There will be investment this window, but not 10m per player, players with potential from league one.

Won't let good young players move across to Scotland, but if someone bids 10/15m for a youngster then a chunk of that will be reinvested in squad. Wants cat 1

Talked alot about revenue, wouldn't be surprised to see slight price increase. 

Sounds better then Roland entirely 
  • Options
    Matt Southall.

One of our own.
  • Options
    Apart from delaying Lee’s contract until after the window (which he did stress was with Lee and his agent’s agreement) I think he pretty much said everything I wanted to hear.

Does that make me happy or suspicious?

I hate how cynical the last few years have made me....
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He seems to truly understand what we the fans want to see.
    Stop talking lm trying to listen to him 😉