Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    Has Southall ever said he wants to sign Cullen on a permanent? Don’t recall reading any quotes to that effect. 
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/matt-southall-tried-to-buy-charlton-athletic-before-esi-keen-on-deal-for-west-ham-united-midfielder/

If it was in the SLP, it's in there because ESI wanted it to be. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I think that photo is from a few weeks ago. You can see that chap who took the selfie and people mistook for HE
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I think that photo is from a few weeks ago. You can see that chap who took the selfie and people mistook for HE
     Definitely yesterday.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Mr Southall has already painted himself in to a corner really hasnt he?

He said contracts for Bower and Taylor where his first priority.  He said he wanted to sign Leko and Cullen on perms.   

If Taylor won't sign, keeping him until the end of the season or selling him in the window both make sense.  Depending on other things. 

But he can't sack Bowyer and if Bowyer walks, saying lack of value of contract is the problem, Southall is snookered.  

If Bowyer makes a contract for Taylor a "line in the sand" it could get messy. 

If Bowyer makes a contract for Taylor a line in the sand then it won't get messy - Bowyer would be out of a job and quite rightly.
    Your 100% right but would you risk the good will for a few grand each way?

By saying its your priority, as part of your 1st pitch to the fans, then selling one and sacking the other isn't a great start. 
    A contract for each of them is a few million each way.
  • Options
    "The pressure on Bowyer changes under the new regime."

That will only happen if Bowyer receives a contract commensurate with being in the top half of the Championship.

That will only happen if transfers or Salaries for players are commensurate with being in the top half of the table.

After 13 days of the window and one loan in, and with our Talismanic main striker not agreeing a new contract, no sign of the pressure on Lee Bowyer mounting; in fact the opposite is true, hence why Lee has chosen this moment not February to voice his concerns over the make up of the contract offered.

• Options

That will only happen if Bowyer receives a contract commensurate with being in the top half of the Championship.

That will only happen if transfers or Salaries for players are commensurate with being in the top half of the table.

After 13 days of the window and one loan in, and with our Talismanic main striker not agreeing a new contract, no sign of the pressure on Lee Bowyer mounting; in fact the opposite is true, hence why Lee has chosen this moment not February to voice his concerns over the make up of the contract offered.

Disagree, there is instant pressure purely on the basis we have someone watching the results. Roland was never going to sack Bowyer, that has almost definitely changed. 

Matt Southall is watching the matches and seeing kids starting in the first team who were playing for Enfield, Dulwich hamlet, and a 16 year old kid who is not allowed to change in the same dressing room as adults !
    Have a word with yourself if you think Bowyers under pressure because not being thrashed by Championship clubs have proven to other clubs how good a manager Bowyer is under a worse injury crisis than Bournemouth.
    My reason why Bowyer's isn't under pressure are valid.
    He’s not under pressure, but expectations are higher as Roland wouldn’t have sacked him whatever happened.
  • Options

Disagree, there is instant pressure purely on the basis we have someone watching the results. Roland was never going to sack Bowyer, that has almost definitely changed. 

Matt Southall is watching the matches and seeing kids starting in the first team who were playing for Enfield, Dulwich hamlet, and a 16 year old kid who is not allowed to change in the same dressing room as adults !
    Have a word with yourself if you think Bowyers under pressure because not being thrashed by Championship clubs have proven to other clubs how good a manager Bowyer is under a worse injury crisis than Bournemouth.
    My reason why Bowyer's isn't under pressure are valid

.I'm not talking about this week or month but going forward things have changed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chill out, I only disagreed with you. I stand by the fact that the pressures have changed since ESI took over. I never said he was at immediate risk of losing his job. The situation has massively changed though, and regarding someone watching the results, that was more regarding the future. 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Is former "Doncaster star" stretching it a bit seeing that Wiki has Gallen down with question marks against both apps and goals?
  • Options

My reason why Bowyer's isn't under pressure are valid

.I'm not talking about this week or month but going forward things have changed.
    The perception has changed because we have an owner from the UAE who is related to a bit hitter who operates in the Premier.

I hope Lee Bowyer stays and is under more pressure and all our hopes for the club we love come to fruition. Of course he will be sacked if, when the talking stops and we have a funded championship team, Lee has to deliver. 

Lee Bowyer would see being able to compete in the championship as a privilege not pressure.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Chill out, I only disagreed with you. I stand by the fact that the pressures have changed since ESI took over. I never said he was at immediate risk of losing his job. The situation has massively changed though, and regarding someone watching the results, that was more regarding the future. 
    Chill out, the new buzz word on CL.
    My handle is soapboxsam so I have to live up to that or I would be serenesam.

Ok I understand that you and Henry are talking about the future but now is when decisions have to be made in the boardroom about our upward direction.
    I have no problem with small steps but I want to see the brand new shoes going on the feet.

• Options

Ok I understand that you and Henry are talking about the future but now is when decisions have to be made in the boardroom about our upward direction.
    I have no problem with small steps but I want to see the brand new shoes going on the feet.

Agreed, and Bowyer deserves a new contract and hopefully some decent backing in the transfer market. 

I still believe the pressures have changed overnight though. Ok there are reasonable excuses for our terrible run, but the bottom line is that relegation is a possibility. These guys haven't bought us to go down and will keep an eye on the situation, something we know Roland wouldn't have done. I don't think he is at immediate risk of being sacked, but the situation is certainly different. 
  • Options
    "A slow steady walk up a hill"
  • Options
    When do we start to get officially worried with this bubbling pot?
  • Options
    When do we start to get officially worried with this bubbling pot?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020

Agreed, and Bowyer deserves a new contract and hopefully some decent backing in the transfer market. 

I still believe the pressures have changed overnight though. Ok there are reasonable excuses for our terrible run, but the bottom line is that relegation is a possibility. These guys haven't bought us to go down and will keep an eye on the situation, something we know Roland wouldn't have done. I don't think he is at immediate risk of being sacked, but the situation is certainly different. 
    Agreed things will be different, and Lee Bowyer will be judged by his results when the likes of Maddison joins(fingers crossed) and whether we paid 1 million or  his release clause, and if the likes of Cullen joins on a permanent(fingers crossed)Then we are not a Rotherham or Burton on the worse budget in the Championship from recent years but a competitive squad with  20k plus crowds. More exciting matches but less key stone cop defending will see us push up to mid table. Injuries permitting.
  • Options
    Sounds positive.
  • Options
    Wonder if this has any bearing on the Conor Gallagher situation?
  • Options
    We need Bowyer to sign ASAP for most transfer dealings to get sorted. Sorting Bowyer is THE priority. 
  • Options
    Thought is was being sorted yesterday?????
  • Options
    ...... meanwhile.
  • Options
    concerned this isn't done yet
  • Options
    Hmmm