Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bizarrely the previous owner didn't get on with Rob Segal, so he made a personal call to Lee Bowyer in which a one year compromise deal was done. I would like to see some dynamism from the chairman to get the main deal done (Bowyer's contract) but accepting Segal was in the USA with other clients, this needs to be announced by the latest Thursday which will be a week since the press conference. 

Jose Mourinho was named as Tottenham boss just days after Pochettino was sacked, a draft contract was agreed with Jose and then the sacking took place. 
    Southall seemed to be at every game in December and I'm surprised the template of a contract wasn't mentioned over the phoned or by email if Segal was out the country. 
    If Bowyer's contract was the most important, and the first thing Matt wanted to achieve when becoming the owner on the 2nd January, then 14th January does seem lackadaisical on someone's part ?

Of course it was discussed before the takeover was approved. 
    The whole thing stinks.  If you had been "involved" in football for 20 years, been trying to buy a club for a few, and then finally landed one, would you not already know who you wanted as manager and list of potential players lined up?

I know I would. 

So far Mr Southall has said he wants to sign Bowyer and Taylor.  He wants to buy Cullen and Leko (obviously the injury made that impossible).  He is going to invest £15 million on a training ground they don't yet own.

What has he done? 

Signed a player on loan, all be it much needed, who couldn't get a game at Preston and made sure it was noted we wanted him in the summer but the finances weren't avalible.  I am sure Villa just want him to play now. 

And used his "mate" to leek we have a had a bid accepted for a player.

We haven't even had the leeked story that Taylor was offered the highest wage ever offered by us out side of the prem. Even if it's not true its impossible to prove. 

He hasn't had 2 weeks to sort this out, he has had months.  
    Ridiculous and too much to even bother with.
    If it was February I might agree with some of it, but it's not.
    Mr Southall has had months, yes months, to talk to Bowyer's agent.  "Get in the right ball park" "be on the same page" he said it was his no1 priority in November. 

Bowyer knew nothing about the "5 year deal" before the press conference.   You could tell by the look on his face. 

I have said before I hope I am wrong, I really do, but I have a bad feeling about this and I honestly think Mr Southall comes across as too good to be true. 

I have also offered to eat lots of humble pie, and take pelters, if I am. 

What is your favorite pie filling? I have the oven on....

Get a grip

Jesus... 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bizarrely the previous owner didn't get on with Rob Segal, so he made a personal call to Lee Bowyer in which a one year compromise deal was done. I would like to see some dynamism from the chairman to get the main deal done (Bowyer's contract) but accepting Segal was in the USA with other clients, this needs to be announced by the latest Thursday which will be a week since the press conference. 

Jose Mourinho was named as Tottenham boss just days after Pochettino was sacked, a draft contract was agreed with Jose and then the sacking took place. 
    Southall seemed to be at every game in December and I'm surprised the template of a contract wasn't mentioned over the phoned or by email if Segal was out the country. 
    If Bowyer's contract was the most important, and the first thing Matt wanted to achieve when becoming the owner on the 2nd January, then 14th January does seem lackadaisical on someone's part ?

The whole thing stinks.  If you had been "involved" in football for 20 years, been trying to buy a club for a few, and then finally landed one, would you not already know who you wanted as manager and list of potential players lined up?

I know I would. 

So far Mr Southall has said he wants to sign Bowyer and Taylor.  He wants to buy Cullen and Leko (obviously the injury made that impossible).  He is going to invest £15 million on a training ground they don't yet own.

What has he done? 

Signed a player on loan, all be it much needed, who couldn't get a game at Preston and made sure it was noted we wanted him in the summer but the finances weren't avalible.  I am sure Villa just want him to play now. 

We haven't even had the leeked story that Taylor was offered the highest wage ever offered by us out side of the prem. Even if it's not true its impossible to prove. 

Mr Southall has had months, yes months, to talk to Bowyer's agent.  "Get in the right ball park" "be on the same page" he said it was his no1 priority in November. 

Bowyer knew nothing about the "5 year deal" before the press conference.   You could tell by the look on his face. 

I have said before I hope I am wrong, I really do, but I have a bad feeling about this and I honestly think Mr Southall comes across as too good to be true. 

Get a grip

Jesus... 
    Why would a man say "my manager signing a new contract is my biggest priority" in November, then at the start of January say it can wait until February, then after a bit of backlash, publically offer him a 5 year deal ten days later?

He has been talking to Bowyer since October, if they both wanted it by now it would be done. 

If it is done now, one of them will leave by next Xmas.  Lol all you like, give me pelters if I am wrong, but I will say I told you so. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I know I would. 

What has he done? 

Get a grip

Jesus... 
    Why would a man say "my manager signing a new contract is my biggest priority" in November, then at the start of January say it can wait until February, then after a bit of backlash, publically offer him a 5 year deal ten days later?

He has been talking to Bowyer since October, if they both wanted it by now it would be done. 

If it is done now, one of them will leave by next Xmas.  Lol all you like, give me pelters if I am wrong, but I will say I told you so. 
    Something doesn't seem right, that's for sure. ESI may well be good for us long term but we may be taking a downward step if things don't get sorted soon. Just wonder if they found the liars diary tucked away in the safe. We had a few bids in for quality players but just couldn't get them over the line. Maybe we misjudged the quality of the championship. Anyone fancy a dance?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I know I would. 

What has he done? 

Get a grip

Jesus... 

Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I know I would. 

What has he done? 

Get a grip

Jesus... 

That's what I'm thinking 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Relax, he will sign a contract tomorrow 
    Salad cream...?

• Options
    If Bowyer’s new contract is not announced by COP today I might start to get a little nervous. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It'll be announced by mid day.

Don't ask which day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is urgency but no doubt they’re doing as much as they can to get deals done. It’s not just about us getting things done our end, we could be waiting on other clubs to sign replacements or other decisions to be made (such as loan players being recalled). The transfer window will see a lot more deals completed toward the end compared to mid month, that’s just how it works.
  • Options
    Common sense to me is we have a game on Saturday against a side who haven't won in six. We could put some significant distance between us and the relegation zone. I have been watching football long enough to watch teams getting sucked in when they get within its gravitational pull. So Saturday is a very important game and what midfield will we be putting out in it alongside our only fully fit striker? That is common sense. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    LargeAddick said:
    It is really odd that the sale was announced around the end of November, subject to EFL approval, and yet between then and receiving EFL approval just over a month later Southall and Bowyer couldn’t agree a contract. Why not? We have heard that they spoke many times during that period so again, why not? I expected a new contract to be announced in tandem with the takeover yet two weeks later, nothing. It just doesn’t add up. Something just doesn’t sit right with this.
    Great post big lad.
    Valid questions are being asked and
    It's not being pussies or bed wetters.
    It's what adults should do in a respectful but probing way. 
    Check out the timeline at Spurs with Pochettino leaving and Mourinho taking over. 

• Options
    Common sense to me is we have a game on Saturday against a side who haven't won in six. We could put some significant distance between us and the relegation zone. I have been watching football long enough to watch teams getting sucked in when they get within its gravitational pull. So Saturday is a very important game and what midfield will we be putting out in it alongside our only fully fit striker? That is common sense. 
    The game this Saturday is nothing to do with common sense, it is just another game where Bowyer will be doing his best to get something from the game with the players at his disposal, nothing more nothing less. It is what it is until we get some reinforcements through the door and or injured players returning, one game at a time. Try and look for some light at the end of the tunnel rather than an express train (had to get that in for all fellow Addicks) coming head on the other way. 😉
  • Options
    Just calling it as I see it. I think it is vitally important we give ourselves as much chance as possible on Saturday. Others may not be so bothered but it is a valid position seeing as we have had over two weeks to deal with what we should all agree is a crisis.
  • Options
    So many conspiracy theories.... Rather boring. Everyone was loving life after the press conference. A couple days have passed & now everyone is in meltdown because nothing has been 'Announced'. People really need to get a grip on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I haven't said we are not trying, but I am saying as of now, we are not succeeding. I accept that can change but am calling things as they are now. I am not saying it is easy either, but there has been a pressing need for additions from the minute the window opened. An unusually pressing need. It also feels that Bowyer could have been signed up on day one. Instead we have got him making public statements that suggest something is not right and these have been disconcerting. Like using the word 'weird' before the Hull game for instance!

It is early days and Southall may himself see the urgency of it. It is wrong to judge ESI on this, but we can say things need to improve. 
  • Options
    MuttleyCAFC said
    Just calling it as I see it. I think it is vitally important we give ourselves as much chance as possible on Saturday. Others may not be so bothered but it is a valid position seeing as we have had over two weeks to deal with what we should all agree is a crisis.

Hopefully today is the day is the day we announce Bows has signed on the dotted line, closely followed by reinforcements.
    The longer it goes on the more nervous everyone is going to get , including players we are looking to sign.

The future does look bright , but every point is crucial at this stage, and if it means having to pay a bit more to get us through the next few weeks then lets get it done.

• Options
    RedManS said:
    So many conspiracy theories.... Rather boring. Everyone was loving life after the press conference. A couple days have passed & now everyone is in meltdown because nothing has been 'Announced'. People really need to get a grip on here.

No @RedManS not "everyone" or even anything like "everyone".

There are a wide range of different views as I'd expect from a wide range of people.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    The owners have been in charge for less than 2 working weeks. It's a major professional football outfit and people practically writing them off already and eroding the good will because they aren't giving hour by hour updates to be scrutinised and analysed to death and because things aren't perfectly lining up with massive over expectation and a loose grip on reality.

Mind blowing.
    Rodders, for me the transfer window will take care of itself, BUT the Bowyer contract is the yardstick for the 2020 vision for Cafc going forward. I hope for today or tomorrow we receive the positive announcement but this for me was the easy bit getting Bowyer tied down on a decent championship managers wage. I knew getting players in would be more difficult because the wages being offered wouldn't correlate with the players and their agents perception of a club ruled by UAE owners.
    I guess that Lyle Taylor and his agent must believe this as well.
  • Options
    We can feel frustrated and concerned with no confirmed transfers - except Green - but within this 2 weeks they’ve solely been in charge, can you imagine how much Roland s**t they’ve had to deal with.

Every daily aspect that he has integrated into every single department of out club needs to be looked at and likely changed. ESI and Southall haven’t come into a club that’s all ready and waiting for 2 or 3 transfers and here we go up the table. 

Yes, in the next couple of weeks incoming players are ‘critical’, but so is making sure the longevity of our club is safe and secure. 
    What like tying down a highly rated manager to a long term contract ? MS asked LB not to consider other offers as he was part of the ESI plan back in October & they still haven't sorted it. Possible signings are asking LB what his long term plans are & he can't answer other than he would like to stay but he is still to agree a contract.
  • Options
    We can feel frustrated and concerned with no confirmed transfers - except Green - but within this 2 weeks they’ve solely been in charge, can you imagine how much Roland s**t they’ve had to deal with.

Every daily aspect that he has integrated into every single department of out club needs to be looked at and likely changed. ESI and Southall haven’t come into a club that’s all ready and waiting for 2 or 3 transfers and here we go up the table. 

Yes, in the next couple of weeks incoming players are ‘critical’, but so is making sure the longevity of our club is safe and secure. 
    What like tying down a highly rated manager to a long term contract ? MS asked LB not to consider other offers as he was part of the ESI plan back in October & they still haven't sorted it. Possible signings are asking LB what his long term plans are & he can't answer other than he would like to stay but he is still to agree a contract.
    Lee has the contract now ... he has said it just needs a little more discussion ... it’s up to Lee now. 
  • Options
    RedManS said:

There are a wide range of different views as I'd expect from a wide range of people.
    So you was not happy at the fact a 5yr deal was offered? Was you not happy at the fact he mentioned marquee signings will be made? What exactly are you not happy with? 

Everyone tried to do there upmost to get rid of Roland, now we have new owners which are saying all the right things & seem to be willing to spend money on PERMANENT signing's.

Please enlighten me as to what YOU expect? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I know I would. 

What has he done? 

I don't think that the pelters are going to be dependent on your willingness to take them sadly. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Some signings and Bowyer signed up possibly! That is something we should expect isn't it?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    RedManS said:
    RedManS said:

So you was not happy at the fact a 5yr deal was offered? Was you not happy at the fact he mentioned marquee signings will be made? What exactly are you not happy with? 

Everyone tried to do there upmost to get rid of Roland, now we have new owners which are saying all the right things & seem to be willing to spend money on PERMANENT signing's.

Please enlighten me as to what YOU expect? 
    Different news causes different reactions I spose. 're Bowyers contract and signings, I'm personally waiting till we get an announcement either way and midnight on the 31st, respectively, before hollering about any of it.