Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    CharltonLife is the equivalent of Private Hudson from Aliens

• Options
    All very quite on everything today, very ominous. 
  • Options
    I worry that too many balls are being currently juggled by MS at such an early stage in the job. 

Bow's contract, Gallagher's situation, Taylor's issue, chasing up potential incomings etc etc.....all with a deadline looming apart perhaps for the gaffer's although this could be the crucial one with others falling into place as a result. 

I wonder whether he has appointed any staff members of his own choosing to help share the workload since he took over the reins. 

Welcome to Charlton, Matt, and remember, we're on your side.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    "....And possibly one on loan" Said Gallen at the presser.

Think we know why now!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    So in summary....

Gallagher’s gone back to Chelsea
    Taylor’s on his way out
    No signed contract for Bowyer 
    A big chunk of our squad decimated by injuries 
    Only 5 points off the relegation zone
    No incomings apparent

BUT we do have filthy rich owners

Should I be worried? 
    Gallagher is freeing up space for permanent midfield signings 
    Taylor's still under contract 
    Bowyer's five-year contract is being finalised 
    A big chunk of our squad is returning from injuries over the next few weeks 
    Only nine points off the top half 
    One fee agreed; three said to be likely 
    Gallen has overseen 37 signings since he arrived - only one of them was for a fee.  That's all changing. 

Worried?  Nah. 
    Two for a fee - Bonne and Purrington
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Chizz said:
    So in summary....

Taylor’s on his way out
    No incomings apparent

Should I be worried? 
    Gallen has overseen 37 signings since he arrived - only one of them was for a fee.  That's all changing. 

Worried?  Nah. 
    I thought Purrington was signed on a loan and then permanently on a free after his contract expired last Summer. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Scoham said:
    Chizz said:
    So in summary....

Taylor’s on his way out
    No incomings apparent

Should I be worried? 

Worried?  Nah. 
    I thought Purrington was signed on a loan and then permanently on a free after his contract expired last Summer. 
    No, could have payed the fee out of the protest fund, but a fee is a fee 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Scoham said:
    Chizz said:
    So in summary....

Taylor’s on his way out
    No incomings apparent

Should I be worried? 

Worried?  Nah. 
    Last summer at Rotherham, Purrington's contract still had a year to run on his 3 year contract after his £300,000k move from Plymouth Argyle.

And Charlton paid a third of that, in effect the value of the 1 year remaining.

• Options
    Has he signed yet? Bowyer, that is.
  • Options
    I worry that too many balls are being currently juggled by MS at such an early stage in the job. 

Bow's contract, Gallagher's situation, Taylor's issue, chasing up potential incomings etc etc.....all with a deadline looming apart perhaps for the gaffer's although this could be the crucial one with others falling into place as a result. 

I wonder whether he has appointed any staff members of his own choosing to help share the workload since he took over the reins. 

Welcome to Charlton, Matt, and remember, we're on your side.
    If you are reading this Matt take it as a huge compliment.

Some of us have been here for donkey's years and not once has Fanny shown any interest when we juggle our balls.  ;)
    Be careful what you say Fanny.
    Mr.F reads  this site.
  • Options
    Don't think I can juggle my balls now
  • Options
    Don't think I can juggle my balls now
    As long as you don't drop them.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Well it is his job to juggle to balls and not drop them.  Get Bowyer signed up - that has to be step one, and the rest will happen from there. If this drags on, we could only have a week to go before the window closes and lost our last two games! I can't believe it is in ESI's interests to get relegated and it may be early in their ownership and unfair, but Southall needs to start doing something. 

What clubs normally do is tap players up, then offer to buy them. We make the offer to the club, get it accepted and find the player doesn't want to join us. Look how Brentford tapped up Taylor. When you are swimming with the sharks, you need to act like a shark.
  • Options
    And I expect Bowyer knows that his best ever bargaining position is right now. 

Well other than when he takes us to the Premiershit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Well it is his job to juggle to balls and not drop them.  Get Bowyer signed up - that has to be step one, and the rest will happen from there. If this drags on, we could only have a week to go before the window closes and lost our last two games! I can't believe it is in ESI's interests to get relegated and it may be early in their ownership and unfair, but Southall needs to start doing something. 

What clubs normally do is tap players up, then offer to buy them. We make the offer to the club, get it accepted and find the player doesn't want to join us. Look how Brentford tapped up Taylor. When you are swimming with the sharks, you need to act like a shark.
    It may be early in their ownership but by their own admission they wanted to get in for this window to strengthen the side and sort issues out. Now I would have thought they’d have had Bowyers deal all agreed and ready to sign in the period whilst they were waiting for EFL approval and signings lined up too. The reverse seems to have happened. To be fair I find it all a tad confusing and ‘weird’.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

It may be early in their ownership but by their own admission they wanted to get in for this window to strengthen the side and sort issues out. Now I would have thought they’d have had Bowyers deal all agreed and ready to sign in the period whilst they were waiting for EFL approval and signings lined up too. The reverse seems to have happened. To be fair I find it all a tad confusing and ‘weird’.
    Really is that allowed in the EFL ?
    Someone who doesn't own a club, hasn't had EFL approval, offer and have agreed an employment contract, to an employee of another club?
  • Options
    edited January 2020

If he does, and is trying to wring out a few quid, it would be very mercenary. We don't know if he has been offered a fair deal or not, but if he has and is farting about he is letting himself down which is worrying. If he hasn't been offered a fair deal, it is equally worrying. All in all, we need this sorted out tomorrow. 

If Bowyer's best bargaining position is dicing with relegation, I wouldn't be happy. I'm sure that isn't the case though. My view is Southall needs to sort this out.
  • Options

If he does, and is trying to wring out a few quid, it would be very mercenary. We don't know if he has been offered a fair deal or not, but if he has and is farting about he is letting himself down which is worrying. If he hasn't been offered a fair deal, it is equally worrying. All in all, we need this sorted out tomorrow. 

If Bowyer's best bargaining position is dicing with relegation, I wouldn't be happy. I'm sure that isn't the case though.
    Bowyer said something reported yesterday about is it a 5 year contract, with compensation (if he was sacked) for the remainder of the contract?

Or ...... is it a 1 year rolling contract for a 5 year period, with only 1 year compensation if he should be asked to leave/

(sorry can't give a link as I can't remember where I saw the reference).

IMO, the issue doesn't seem to be about the salary directly ...... more about the conditions of the contract, should he leave.
    Bowyer simply asking for clarification.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    What annoyed me was Bowyer saying they will talk on Saturday (day of West Brom game) because his agent will be there then. FFS! His agent should be there until the deal is done, given how important it is that it is done.
  • Options

Someone who doesn't own a club, hasn't had EFL approval, offer and have agreed an employment contract, to an employee of another club?
    It's not allowed but you can't tell me it has never, and doesn't regularly, happen.  Next your be telling me it's not allowed for Taylor's agent to talk to other clubs. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

They could have entered into a pre-contract agreement which would have been conditional and only become contractual on EFL approval.
  • Options
    What annoyed me was Bowyer saying they will talk on Saturday (day of West Brom game) because his agent will be there then. FFS! His agent should be there until the deal is done, given how important it is that it is done.
    His agent was in the USA and flew back for the West Brom game and the meeting to discuss the contract.

That's been done at the weekend and everybody broadly in agreement .... except for an official clarification on the terms of leaving/compensation.
    It's what Bowyer himself was reported as saying yesterday.

Then the contract needs to be written and legal scrutiny applied, before signing.
    That will take a couple of days or so.

It's a bit like buying a house ...... (yawn). 

• Options
    So many whiny children on this thread