Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tahnoon interested in buying Dinamo Bucharest?

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    According to this, we are going to be a feeder club

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1022817611?-11197:833
    It doesn't say that, it asks the question
  • Options
    paulc said:
    So to recap we now have 2 crappy owners one has got bored of us already and bought a new toy to play with .A league 1,-2 squad at best.99% probability of relegation . The future look's bright
    You forgot to add that next season we’ll be playing our home matches at the Den.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

What does this even mean?

Didn't think the Noon was allowed to drink?
  • Options
    paulc said:
    So to recap we now have 2 crappy owners one has got bored of us already and bought a new toy to play with .A league 1,-2 squad at best.99% probability of relegation . The future look's bright
    It's not all bad you will be able to have a blue passport now if you don't die of corona virus before it arrives that is.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Pubs open at 11 so could easily be tipsy by noon mate.
  • Options
    If we use our academy to feed a bottom-half Romanian team, I will never watch another Charlton game for as long as I live
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why do people keep suggesting that passing the EFL fit and proper test is any proof of funds?

Asking price, for what they have bought was £1.  Projected profit/loss for this season, and next season is net zero.  Total funds need proving = £1.

In its self doesn't prove anything one way or the other. 
    Surely that can't be right. 

Don't the EFL look at figures from the last couple of years and work out how much it would cost to run the club for say the next 1-2 years.

I can't believe you're allowed to take over a club by proving you have £1, otherwise what were the Aussies doing dicking around for 2 years?
    Dingo dollars?
  • Options
    I believe that Nimer has Southall on a relatively short leash financially, and given Southall’s track record in business so he should. But on that basis you wouldn’t hand him the keys in the first place. A benign view would be that Nimer is willing and able to buy the freeholds and has put Southall and friends in charge on trial, on the basis that he has the contacts, so we could find he and they might be replaced in short order.

But again why pay £50m, which Southall is on record claiming is the price. To put it in context that it is similar to what the landowner might expect to realise from redeveloping The Valley for residential (after all other costs) but it isn’t the current value because of all the obstacles that lie in the way.
    All of which leads back to my original thesis: "Why would anyone in their right mind buy and operate a football club?" 

It's an esoteric business model where massive upfront outlays are required and there is not clear path to profit despite best practices. 
  • Options
    If we use our academy to feed a bottom-half Romanian team, I will never watch another Charlton game for as long as I live
    Why? 
    Surely first team football and possibly playing in euro comps is more competitive than under 23 games and non league loans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    I believe that Nimer has Southall on a relatively short leash financially, and given Southall’s track record in business so he should. But on that basis you wouldn’t hand him the keys in the first place. A benign view would be that Nimer is willing and able to buy the freeholds and has put Southall and friends in charge on trial, on the basis that he has the contacts, so we could find he and they might be replaced in short order.

But again why pay £50m, which Southall is on record claiming is the price. To put it in context that it is similar to what the landowner might expect to realise from redeveloping The Valley for residential (after all other costs) but it isn’t the current value because of all the obstacles that lie in the way.
    All of which leads back to my original thesis: "Why would anyone in their right mind buy and operate a football club?" 

It's an esoteric business model where massive upfront outlays are required and there is not clear path to profit despite best practices. 
    Get promoted to the Premier League and suddenly your business is worth 50-100 million more. Very rare to grow any other business 50-100 million in value in such a short space of time. 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Why? 
    Surely first team football and possibly playing in euro comps is more competitive than under 23 games and non league loans
    He's saying if WE are the feeder. That doesn't mean we loan them our players for experience, it means they take our players. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    sammy391 said:
    Why? 
    He's saying if WE are the feeder. That doesn't mean we loan them our players for experience, it means they take our players. 
    Surely that’s the exact same- in regards to the academy!? 
    Not like Lyle Taylor is going to sent over just because Nimer has bought them is it...

if there’s a feeder situation , it’ll be our reserve/youth players going to them for experience and as an upgrade on what they have!  
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Surely IF all this is true and as it's been reported, it would be more worth while concnetrating on getting an English Club into the Prem, then the other way round?

My knowledge on Romanian real estate ain't too clever, but if it's all about training facilities, it can't cost too much to build a "A Cat" one for Bucherest would it? 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Is impossible, to qualify in European Cups you need far better players.
    this outcome is possible only if Charlton becomes a super power in England but right now is not the case. Do you think you have in your first team players who can play in european groups and put teams like Sevilla and Lazio in trouble? 
    Dinamo and Charlton have different pats , and I don’t think this is possible.

but right now  both teams are in shit...this has to be our last problem.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    sammy391 said:

Unfair. His English isn't perfect, but then I suspect not many of us are fluent in Arabic.

I see this as a reassuring post to the fans and pretty positive. When a man of HEs reputation makes a promise, he tends to keep to it.
    تحدث عن نفسك ، موش
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    sammy391 said:
    Chunes said:
    sammy391 said:
    Why? 
    Surely that’s the exact same- in regards to the academy!? 
    Not like Lyle Taylor is going to sent over just because Nimer has bought them is it...

if there’s a feeder situation , it’ll be our reserve/youth players going to them for experience and as an upgrade on what they have!  
    No...  

If they were OUR feeder, we would loan them inexperienced players, pick the best from their academy or team, or in the past, use them to help international players gain work permits by playing for a few years in a European country. 

What he's saying is that WE are the feeder. So they use us. 

Not going to happen anyway. As if some promising young British player on the cusp of league football is going to consent to move to Romania. 
  • Options
    Cosmin said:
    Is impossible, to qualify in European Cups you need far better players.
    this outcome is possible only if Charlton becomes a super power in England but right now is not the case. Do you think you have in your first team players who can play in european groups and put teams like Sevilla and Lazio in trouble? 
    Dinamo and Charlton have different pats , and I don’t think this is possible.

but right now  both teams are in shit...this has to be our last problem.
    Right now our players would struggle to put Swindon and Lincoln in trouble.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    sammy391 said:

Unfair. His English isn't perfect, but then I suspect not many of us are fluent in Arabic.

I see this as a reassuring post to the fans and pretty positive. When a man of HEs reputation makes a promise, he tends to keep to it.
    تحدث عن نفسك ، موش
    صاحب متجر دموي
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    sammy391 said:

تحدث عن نفسك ، موش
    صاحب متجر دموي
    رجل وصبي
  • Options
    After brexit, it will probably be difficult to get players from Europe unless they are Internationals due to work permit reasons. Uk player prices/values will probably move upwards. 
  • Options
    Surely IF all this is true and as it's been reported, it would be more worth while concnetrating on getting an English Club into the Prem, then the other way round?

My knowledge on Romanian real estate ain't too clever, but if it's all about training facilities, it can't cost too much to build a "A Cat" one for Bucherest would it? 
    What do you mean? We have decent training facilities right now...the stadium is the problem. Is a old comunist ruin. But the stadium will hopefully be rebuild by the Municipality or the state...is still in discussion right now. 
  • Options
    Cosmin said:

What do you mean? We have decent training facilities right now...the stadium is the problem. Is a old comunist ruin. But the stadium will hopefully be rebuild by the Municipality or the state...is still in discussion right now. 
    So you get a new stadium at no cost to the club. Wow. No wonder he's buying it. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    ross1 said:

No it doesn't say that.

It says "It is not known what relationship might be envisaged between the two clubs if the purchases are completed and whether Charlton with its strong Academy would be seen as a feeder club..."
    and anyway it's just a blogpost from well know Charlton fan, Wyn Grant. He's a smart and nice bloke, but he isn't claiming any inside track there, just summarising and speculating on the info that we all have here.
  • Options
    Cosmin said:

Cushty, you be the feeder club and we'll be the world beaters then
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    sammy391 said:

تحدث عن نفسك ، موش
    صاحب متجر دموي
    رجل وصبي
    ~~~~~~
    ¥**~~_€
  • Options
    How I see it, he has bought two European league club for two quid, I have just spent 30 quid in the boozer on an early doors Sunday!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

No it doesn't say that.

It says "It is not known what relationship might be envisaged between the two clubs if the purchases are completed and whether Charlton with its strong Academy would be seen as a feeder club..."
    So we might get Tucadean back?