Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tahnoon interested in buying Dinamo Bucharest?

Comments

• Options

I tell you what go read the 20/12/2017 judgement it's only 69 pages long. Without a raft of BVI affidavits or a personal guarantee from M Duchatelet backed by a Clear Title Insurance Policy I am not sure I would want to touch any part of The Valley and Sparrow Lane freeholds at anywhere near proper market value.

I think this is the key. With Duchatelets obvious quick and presumably ineffective due diligence, I get the feeling he doesn't own the Club lock, stock and barrel - or at least not The Valley and Sparrows Lane and HE is taking the pragmatic approach before he spunks £50m on an asset they may not ultimately belong 100% to him.
  • Options

HP I frankly would expect better from you. Is that the best you can offer? Dispute one word I have said as not being factual.

CB - Talk about conflating issues - what precisely has the actions or non actions undertaken by ESI during the transfer window have to do with ABDB?

THEY ARE DIFFERENT BUSINESSES WITH A DIFFERENT BENEFICIAL OWNER.

I will happily discuss the merits or other wise of the ESI performance within the January transfer window when I can find the time indeed if you look back to my comments in January you will see my clear aspirations in the matter. It has absolutely fuck all to do with ABDB.

Where is there one line in any documentation financially linking ABDB to ESI? If you can find one you had better send it to the EFL because I am pretty certain ESI in submitting their credentials to the EFL made clear no such link existed.

Who knows they could revoke the ESI licence and then lets see where that leaves us?

You might understand banking but you’re clueless about PR.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Addickted said:
    Understand @Grapevine49's comparison between HE's private investment (CAFC) and his professional investments for ADBD.

However, my concern is that we were led to believe that HE had the full backing of ADBD to assist in driving forward his aspirations for CAFC - so there is a direct link between his private and professional investments.
    Led to believe by who? Or did we all assume it?

Pretty sure it was suggested by Matt Southall - however, all the links to articles about ESI on the OS go to an empty page!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Two separate things ABDB are loaded and can afford to buy The Valley
    HE Tahnoon Nimer is skint in comparison and is seeking investment from others to be able to buy The Valley 
    This for me.

@Grapevine49. Do you know the respective worth of said entities ? It appears that ESI was set up solely to buy CAFC (and therefore requires funding from HE, MS and others) whereas ADBD is the group that invests all the money for one of the Royals, and who we thought were buying us. 
  • Options
    HE Tahnoon Nimer is skint in comparison and is seeking investment from others to be able to buy The Valley 
    This for me.

@Grapevine49. Do you know the respective worth of said entities ? It appears that ESI was set up solely to buy CAFC (and therefore requires funding from HE, MS and others) whereas ADBD is the group that invests all the money for one of the Royals, and who we thought were buying us. 
    So why would ESI buy us and ADBD (allegedly) buy Dinamo?

Surely given the money in English football, you'd expect the richer entity to buy us?
  • Options
    This for me.

Surely given the money in English football, you'd expect the richer entity to buy us?
    Not much money to be made in the third tier. 
  • Options
    @Grapevine49 do you believe that all the other groups that own a number of clubs are the same limited company.

No they are separate entities in different countries run by and large by the same group of people.

The reason for this is that if one goes bad it doesn’t bring down the others.

I normally agree with you but on this I think you are way out.

All entitled to own opinions.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    stonemuse said:
    Addickted said:
    Understand @Grapevine49's comparison between HE's private investment (CAFC) and his professional investments for ADBD.

However, my concern is that we were led to believe that HE had the full backing of ADBD to assist in driving forward his aspirations for CAFC - so there is a direct link between his private and professional investments.

Pretty sure it was suggested by Matt Southall - however, all the links to articles about ESI on the OS go to an empty page!
    I am fairly sure he did not suggest this. 
  • Options
    This for me.

That is exactly what I do not understand. There seems as much smoke and mirrors as there was when the Spivs bought us. I assumed fairly soon that Kevin Cash was the main man as Slater had for many years been his personal legal representative and he was a mate of Jimenez. I see Southall as somewhere between the Jimenez and Slater role but why buy us directly through a created company and buy a Romanian team through the Sheikhs empire is beyond me as surely we would be a better punt for a return eventually?
  • Options
    This for me.

That is exactly what I do not understand. There seems as much smoke and mirrors as there was when the Spivs bought us. I assumed fairly soon that Kevin Cash was the main man as Slater had for many years been his personal legal representative and he was a mate of Jimenez. I see Southall as somewhere between the Jimenez and Slater role but why buy us directly through a created company and buy a Romanian team through the Sheikhs empire is beyond me as surely we would be a better punt for a return eventually?
    Only thing i can think of is that ADBD are actually involved with us, but they created ESI as a separate entity to get round any potential problems with Abu Dhabi links to Sheikh Mansour. In Romania i doubt they care about links to Man City.

Although our perceived lack of January squad investment means i'm probably wrong there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020

If it helps I actually believe an organisation with access to the individuals who are both long involved and professionally skilled in the investment market will likely provide access to the funding the club needs to survive and prosper in the longer term but there is nothing new here.

• Options
    I mean seriously Southall turned up at Villa and Bolton in last few years with the potential to takeover with whoever else’s backing , he’s just a front man , he’s not involved money wise investing in to clubs .
    The whole world is a bluff 
  • Options
    The credentials of Tahnoon Nimer are one thing, but the credentials of Matt Southall, Lee Amis and others are another. There’s no evidence that these two have such credentials and plenty to suggest they don’t. There’s also a great deal of noise within football about Southall and what is going on at Charlton. It is the subject of much discussion and fans would not be encouraged if they were party to it. 
    "Ooooh look at me, I have contacts in football circles". Either put it in print here (you don't even have to name your source), or don't say anything... Pointless posturing. 
  • Options
    The credentials of Tahnoon Nimer are one thing, but the credentials of Matt Southall, Lee Amis and others are another. There’s no obvious evidence that these two have such credentials and plenty to suggest they don’t. There’s also a great deal of noise within football about Southall and what is going on at Charlton. It is the subject of much external discussion and fans would not be encouraged if they were party to it. Suffice to say it is not being contradicted from within the club.

@grapevine49 asks, in terms, whether a prudent investor would rush in to buy the freeholds - a better question is whether a prudent investor would agree to pay £50m, which is roughly twice what other people, including Kieran Maguire, think the club is worth. And if there is no such commitment then fans have been misled, haven’t they?

ESI’s efforts have been focused on selling on parts of a business that currently has no value - a probable £1 purchase with a circa £50m debt attached to its assets - in order to acquire the freeholds at an inflated price. Unsurprisingly, they appear to be struggling to do that.

Either Nimer is behind this fanciful approach, in which case questions need to be asked about his judgement, or he has been led up the garden path by Southall, in which case the same questions apply.
    You know what you know Airman and obviously have to be careful about what you say, but I am beginning to worry/think that there’s a bit of a disconnect here.

Hope I’m wrong and Nimer is on board, has a plan and everything will be moving forward in the summer, regardless if we get relegated (a dog is for life, not just for Xmas) 
  • Options
    Why would there be "a great deal of noise within football" about our bloody middling chairman? 
  • Options
    edited March 2020

I will be commenting more fully on the nature of events in the next few days through other threads but some of you need to calm down. Social media has become a tool for unwarranted panic.

As far as I can determine ABDB is the name in the frame for the Romanian investment.

ABDB as a separate entity has no financial interest in Charlton Athletic Football Club.

His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer has a day job.

He is Chairman of ABDB.

As I said I will try to add some perspective to the churn that has recently evolved in the coming days. It will likely be lengthy, detailed and I will give you no more guarantees about our future than anyone else but the hysteria serves absolutely no one.

Some of you however need to take a serious look at yourselves, at the history of this club and your expectations in relation to todays Professional Football Industry. Just how many times do we have to travel the same loop before it registers.

This industry stopped being a corner shop enterprise zone decades ago.

No one but no one turns round a business which has been in decline for over a decade, unless the slate has been swiped clean through administration, in a matter of weeks.

To get this right is going to take the long strategic planning and investment of which the club has been completely devoid for far, far too long, certainly considerably longer than 10 weeks.

A bientot       

Right, I don’t think you can turn things around in ten weeks, but ESI have managed in that timeframe to create a situation such that things are now much worse on the pitch (given that we are now in the relegation zone) and off the pitch (with the separation of club and stadium ownership). That’s a fairly impressive level of incompetency.
  • Options
    Darragh Mccanthony said he thinks Southall will be an excellent chairman and he was impressed by the plans... But I guess he doesn't have as many footballing contacts. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Stan Kroenke picks up the shiny phone in his Emirates office. 

He speed dials Ed Woodward. 

Stan: Ed, it's me Stan. Listen, Matt Southall wears Hello Kitty pajamas under his suit, pass it on.

Ed: ... Matt who?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Darragh Mccanthony said he thinks Southall will be an excellent chairman and he was impressed by the plans... But I guess he doesn't have as many footballing contacts.  Thats nice that the Peterbrough Chariman know Southall's plans, umm what are they?
  • Options
    The credentials of Tahnoon Nimer are one thing, but the credentials of Matt Southall, Lee Amis and others are another. There’s no obvious evidence that these two have such credentials and plenty to suggest they don’t. There’s also a great deal of noise within football about Southall and what is going on at Charlton. It is the subject of much external discussion and fans would not be encouraged if they were party to it. Suffice to say it is not being contradicted from within the club.

@grapevine49 asks, in terms, whether a prudent investor would rush in to buy the freeholds - a better question is whether a prudent investor would agree to pay £50m, which is roughly twice what other people, including Kieran Maguire, think the club is worth. And if there is no such commitment then fans have been misled, haven’t they?

ESI’s efforts have been focused on selling on parts of a business that currently has no value - a probable £1 purchase with a circa £50m debt attached to its assets - in order to acquire the freeholds at an inflated price. Unsurprisingly, they appear to be struggling to do that.

Either Nimer is behind this fanciful approach, in which case questions need to be asked about his judgement, or he has been led up the garden path by Southall, in which case the same questions apply.
    Please tell us what noise you are hearing 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Addickted said:
    stonemuse said:
    Addickted said:

FYI Chaps.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5de0d7d945254/club-statement-east-street-investments-agree-purchase-of-charlton-athletic

Hope it works?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    The credentials of Tahnoon Nimer are one thing, but the credentials of Matt Southall, Lee Amis and others are another. There’s no evidence that these two have such credentials and plenty to suggest they don’t. There’s also a great deal of noise within football about Southall and what is going on at Charlton. It is the subject of much discussion and fans would not be encouraged if they were party to it. 
    "Ooooh look at me, I have contacts in football circles". Either put it in print here (you don't even have to name your source), or don't say anything... Pointless posturing. 
    I’ve put much of it in print in the last three issues of VOTV and you can read versions on here and on the other site (from other sources). What I am saying is that similar stories are now coming from multiple directions within the game. This is partly because Southall has asked so many people in the game for contacts to raise the money. It won’t be long before you read it in the mainstream media.
    Airman,

Do you think that Tahnoon's involvement is possibly little more than offering to help a contact/friend to buy a football club?  What I mean is that to pass the EFL test you need to prove sufficient funds to  run a club and that is where the connection ends with Nimer, HE Nimer's job was done more or less once the purchase went through and now Southall has to find  funding to actually run/buy the club? I doubt the useless EFL can legally chase up anyone if they have been hoodwinked. He remains a shareholder and chairman to full fill his obligation but actually spends fuck all of his own money. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I’ve put much of it in print in the last three issues of VOTV and you can read versions on here and on the other site (from other sources). What I am saying is that similar stories are now coming from multiple directions within the game. This is partly because Southall has asked so many people in the game for contacts to raise the money. It won’t be long before you read it in the mainstream media.
    Airman,

Do you think that Tahnoon's involvement is possibly little more than offering to help a contact/friend to buy a football club?  What I mean is that to pass the EFL test you need to prove sufficient funds to  run a club and that is where the connection ends with Nimer, HE Nimer's job was done more or less once the purchase went through and now Southall has to find  funding to actually run/buy the club? I doubt the useless EFL can legally chase up anyone if they have been hoodwinked. He remains a shareholder and chairman to full fill his obligation but actually spends fuck all of his own money. 
    No way has Nimer done what he has done so far just to help Southall. 

I don’t doubt he is trying to raise funds and Southall is the one who has worked within football. What I think might be the biggest issue is Southall has bullshitted Nimer on his contacts and so now Nimer won’t trust him. Not sure where the investors are going to come from and we could be in serious trouble, whatever league we are in. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    To raise the money to buy the club or to run the club?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just to confirm there is no ABDB

But there is ADBD.
    There is ABDB, they done Take A Chance and Waterloo