Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Off_it said:
    How many goals have that starting line up got between them so far this season?

2 (x1 Doughty, x1 Davison). Or 3 if you count Lockyer's goal from last weekend.
    Sarr has scored one hasn't he? (Qpr)
  • Options
    No Morgan or Solly. LB playing games against & giving out a stark message to MS like he did to RD up at the Stadium of light last season. 

Glad we can count on our returning players to get us out of trouble......not. (JFC)
     You don't know the reasons, Golfie ...... so why jump to conclusions, based on your not knowing anything at all?

• Options
    What’s the situation with Solly? Is he injured?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    And how many goals on the bench?
    Is it 2?
    Sarr at QPR & Davison last week? 
  • Options
    Sarr top scorer with 3.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    My guess is that he wasn't in the 18 and didn't travel, JFC gets injured so only 6 on the bench. Usually you would take another player in case this happens but I guess we're used to not filling the bench. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

2 (x1 Doughty, x1 Davison). Or 3 if you count Lockyer's goal from last weekend.
    Sarr has scored one hasn't he? (Qpr)
    Sarr has got 3 
  • Options
    Yeah I edited my initial comment. Sarr has scored three: Derby (H), Hull (H), QPR (A)
  • Options
    Off_it said:

2 (x1 Doughty vs Bristol C, x1 Davison vs WBA).

Or 3 if you count Lockyer's goal from last weekend.

EDIT: Forgot Naby the goal machine... x3 Sarr (Derby, Hull, QPR) makes it 5 goals.
    Pratley got one against Hull.
  • Options
    No sympathies get rid of Page and JFC. Can't afford to carry these malingerers. FFS.
    Harsh on Forster-Caskey!!

Was out for a year and came back into playing regular football too quickly (thanks to injuries) so got a hamstring injury

Until Bowyer says otherwise there could be any number of reasons for him missing today
    He's not ready to play 2 games in a year  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No sympathies get rid of Page and JFC. Can't afford to carry these malingerers. FFS.
    Harsh on Forster-Caskey!!

Was out for a year and came back into playing regular football too quickly (thanks to injuries) so got a hamstring injury

Until Bowyer says otherwise there could be any number of reasons for him missing today
    What is it then 5 appearances in 20 months? 
    Did you not read this line?

Got an ACL that was at no fault of his own, got rushed back as we had an injury crisis and joined the injury list

Had we not had a shortage in players when he returnd I've no doubt he'd have been eased back more and would have been involved more this season

Had played over 40-games for us until that point
  • Options
    Off_it said:

EDIT: Forgot Naby the goal machine... x3 Sarr (Derby, Hull, QPR) makes it 5 goals.
    So full of goals then.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Off_it said:

Right you are.

x3 Sarr, x1 Pratley, x1 Doughty, x1 Davison (plus debated x1 Lockyer)

x1 Purrington on the bench
  • Options
    Off_it said:

So full of goals then.
    So we forfeit the god damn game then?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    se9addick said:
    My guess is that he wasn't in the 18 and didn't travel, JFC gets injured so only 6 on the bench. Usually you would take another player in case this happens but I guess we're used to not filling the bench. 
    If he can’t even get into the current 18 then Bowyer must have serious doubts about his ability these days. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    And how many goals on the bench?
    The only one who has scored this is Season is Purrington at Blackburn. 
  • Options
    Negative Nellys out in full force it ain’t even half 2 yet
    You wait until 5 past 3. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Negative Nellys out in full force it ain’t even half 2 yet
    Does my head in!! - If the players themselves spoke out with this attitude they'd be the first to berate them!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Talal said:
    se9addick said:
    If he can’t even get into the current 18 then Bowyer must have serious doubts about his ability these days. 
    I think with midfielders coming back you don't really want 3 defenders on the bench. Purrington is the more logical choice in case we needed to go to a 4, whereas Matthews can easily play right back. Plus Oshilaja could cover there. 
  • Options
    Weren’t impressed with Preston against us at The Valley. We just had no quality to unlock them. Hopefully Williams can lay some chances on for Green and Davison today. 

We also struggled against Stockley in that game, his physical presence, but he’s on the bench today.

Cmon lads.
  • Options
    Weren’t impressed with Preston against us at The Valley. We just had no quality to unlock them. Hopefully Williams can lay some chances on for Green and Davison today. 

We also struggled against Stockley in that game, his physical presence, but he’s on the bench today.

Cmon lads.
    Its my only concern about playing Williams

Preston were pretty physical when they didnt have the ball yet were so easy to go down when they had the ball

In terms of the former I just hope that the ref gives Williams the right protection...

I'm more confident of sprouting wings and flying up to Deepdale to watch the game
  • Options
    'mon you reds!
  • Options
    Why is the bench not full? Must have someone to sit there, Bowyers way of saying he needs players again? 
  • Options
    Why is the bench not full? Must have someone to sit there, Bowyers way of saying he needs players again? 
    Has there been some bug or lurgey in the club this week?

• Options
    Trouble is the owners are aware of the need for players

Surely either means that we genuinely dont have enough players to fill the bench (sickness perhaps?)

Or its message from Bowyer in the sense that we're still offering trying to sign players for peanuts
  • Options
    I have read a couple of places JFC was taken ill.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Cmon lads.
    Its my only concern about playing Williams

Preston were pretty physical when they didnt have the ball yet were so easy to go down when they had the ball

In terms of the former I just hope that the ref gives Williams the right protection...

I'm more confident of sprouting wings and flying up to Deepdale to watch the game

Pearson was the ugly fecker in their midfield that day, he's out with illness I believe. If he was playing, he'd be all over Williams like a rash.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!