Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I have read a couple of places JFC was taken ill.
    Wouldnt surprise me... People have been going sick this week where I work with colds / flu

Just because these guys are Footballers doesnt make them immune
  • Options
    Surely Solly would have been there, even if wasn't meant to be in the 18, as cover AND club captain?
  • Options
    Half an hour before ko, there's 411 of us logged in at the moment .... plus 218 Guests.

And more than that, 881 of us, at Deepdale.

• Options
    Hopefully is just that. 
  • Options

Off_it said:
    How many goals have that starting line up got between them so far this season?

2 (x1 Doughty vs Bristol C, x1 Davison vs WBA).

Or 3 if you count Lockyer's goal from last weekend.

EDIT: Forgot Naby the goal machine... x3 Sarr (Derby, Hull, QPR) makes it 5 goals.
    Pratley got one against Hull.

Right you are.

x3 Sarr, x1 Pratley, x1 Doughty, x1 Davison (plus debated x1 Lockyer)

x1 Purrington on the bench
    Cheers.

Have to say, I'm relieved now. Thought we might struggle to score goals today before, but now I see we have plenty throughout the team.
  • Options
    Surely Solly would have been there, even if wasn't meant to be in the 18, as cover AND club captain?
    Yeah reckon he'll always travel what with being Club Captain unless they wanted him to stay away with illness
  • Options
    Why is the bench not full? Must have someone to sit there, Bowyers way of saying he needs players again? 
    Shhh.... you cant say that, otherwise @Oggy Red will be onto you. 
  • Options
    Went to bed feeling very positive last night, hoping to see a bunch if senior pros back in the team or on the bench. Disappointing to see JFC missing again, hope it’s only minor, and no Cullen, hope it’s just a case of not rushing him and not because of a setback. 

Still believe we can get something today. Hopefully Green has a point to prove. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I have a VPN app and also a valley pass subscription with the app on my phone....should the game be available to watch? I can’t seem to find it 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    cafc_se7 said:
    If I have a VPN app and also a valley pass subscription with the app on my phone....should the game be available to watch? I can’t seem to find it 
    Yes - but it may not be advertised as Preston V Charlton. Try one of the other games that is showing as available. The last one I watched was Swansea and had to click on the Sheffield Weds game. 

*edit - just checked and it is the same today. Go on to the Sheffield Weds game.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Since our 1-0 win over Leeds in September

When we don't score we lose 1-0. When we do score we let in at least 2

So we've been needing 2 goals just to get a point (and 3 for a win), which is untenable if we want to stay up. 
  • Options
    When Solly started the cup game against WBA he was dreadful.  Under hit balls, misplaced passes and lots of mistakes.  Certainly not the Solly of old...
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:
    How many goals have that starting line up got between them so far this season?

2 (x1 Doughty vs Bristol C, x1 Davison vs WBA).

Or 3 if you count Lockyer's goal from last weekend.

EDIT: Forgot Naby the goal machine... x3 Sarr (Derby, Hull, QPR) makes it 5 goals.
    Pratley got one against Hull.

Right you are.

x3 Sarr, x1 Pratley, x1 Doughty, x1 Davison (plus debated x1 Lockyer)

x1 Purrington on the bench
    Cheers.

Have to say, I'm relieved now. Thought we might struggle to score goals today before, but now I see we have plenty throughout the team.
    Only need one to win a game - hopefully Bauer will forget who he plays for a score one for us.

Besides, we are so solid at the back, it’s not like we gift teams goals.....
    I've said this before, but the frustrating thing as a fan is we have been competing in every game and have either drawn or lost games by 1 goal. It feels like if we could have cut out these mistakes which have left us to concedeing goals, then this bad run of 15 games wouldn't have seemed as worse.

Still have to praise  Lee Bowyer, the coaching staff, and the players for getting us in with a chance during games throughout the injury crisis. 
  • Options
    Wouldnt surprise me... People have been going sick this week where I work with colds / flu

Just because these guys are Footballers doesnt make them immune
    And I'm sick as well today. Going to bed instead of watching the game. May delve into the match thread if I can't sleep

• Options
    If JFC really is injured again... My god... This just underlines why we need bodies in and can't rely on people coming back.
  • Options
    Any streams for today’s game? Doesn’t look like it’s on hesgoal.com this weekend 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Since our 1-0 win over Leeds in September

When we don't score we lose 1-0. When we do score we let in at least 2

So we've been needing 2 goals just to get a point (and 3 for a win), which is untenable if we want to stay up. 
    I think we have had 7 2-2 draws this season already.
    Before this season im struggling to remember our last 2-2. Cant remember any last season?
  • Options
    GAME TIME! Come on youuu reds! #cafc

• Options
    Chunes said:
    If JFC really is injured again... My god... This just underlines why we need bodies in and can't rely on people coming back.
    Fell ill last night, that is why we only have 6 subs
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Chunes said:
    Fell ill last night, that is why we only have 6 subs
    Where'd you see that?
  • Options
    Found a stream.  Seems to be working:

https://daddylive.live/channels/stream-22.php
  • Options
    Must be a good chance Green will score for us today. 
    4/1 anytime scorer today.
    Naby is 14/1
  • Options

• Options
    3 points for Charlton today,why just have a gut feeling with all the goings on this week Bowyer has got the lads up for it. We will see come 5pm tonight. 
  • Options
    KICK-OFF | We are off and under way at Deepdale... #pnefc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    FT QPR 1 Leeds 0
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!