Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest away [11/2/20] tickets - 780 sold (tickets available on night)

Comments

• Options
    Sure we paid more there in 97 which I’m sure remember caused a bit of controversy at the time?

Good Price, shame it’s midweek, similar to Sheffield Wed.
    Good memory ! We did pay a lot that year. 20 quid I think. We then played them at home in the cup 3rd round at the Valley  a month or two later and charged them the same.  I can remember singing "8 quid, we only paid 8 quid !" at the Forest fans. That practice must have got outlawed at some point. 
  • Options
    Sure we paid more there in 97 which I’m sure remember caused a bit of controversy at the time?

Good memory ! We did pay a lot that year. 20 quid I think. We then played them at home in the cup 3rd round at the Valley  a month or two later and charged them the same.  I can remember singing "8 quid, we only paid 8 quid !" at the Forest fans. That practice must have got outlawed at some point. 
    The Valley capacity was significantly smaller (16k ?) and a good proportion of that was taken up by season ticket holders. I think there was some other wheeze for charlton fans to get hold of their tickets at a reasonable price. I thought the price for the forest fans was about £25, a shocking price for the time and reflected what they had charged away fans at their place. 
  • Options
    Got my 3 today. Never been City Ground so cant wait.
  • Options

I remember it well - £20. Caused outrage at the time. 
  • Options
    Was that for the 5-2 game when they had Van Hooijdonk? We still took a decent amount up there. 
  • Options
    I remember the 1-1 game the year we got promoted.  Yellow kit. I was in the very first row which is actually below the pitch. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shef weds and this being midweek is a shame as 2 of the better away games in this league. 

Kelham Island is still decent midweek.
  • Options
    shef weds and this being midweek is a shame as 2 of the better away games in this league. 

Or New Barrack Tavern. Wednesday home but generally friendly atmosphere. 

• Options
    Good luck to those that are going...could be our heaviest defeat of the season...
  • Options

Or New Barrack Tavern. Wednesday home but generally friendly atmosphere. 

I'll inbox you later.

My Wednesday mates end up there 2 hours'ish before each game.
  • Options

Was £20.
  • Options
    Gutted this is a midweek game, thank goodness for the red button on Sky!
  • Options
    Good luck to those that are going...could be our heaviest defeat of the season...
    It won't be. We have only lost 3 games this season by 2 goals, the third one being yesterday. We might not play well when we lose but the heads of the boys never go down and get battered. I can see a surprise result on Tuesday night. My Forest mate said they will go on and beat Leeds then sods law they will struggle against us on Tuesday night. Hope he is right
  • Options
    Should be a good night. Nothing to lose given how low expectations are.

• Options
    As long as we make a bit of noise and the players put a proper shift in, then I’ll be happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll be driving up again to this one & looking at the Forest website, there doesn't appear to be any info for away fans as to parking .

Any help on this and for places close by to eat/drink would be most welcome, thanks. 
  • Options

This may be of help

From The South
    Leave the M1 at Junction 24 and take the A453 towards Nottingham. Then take the A52 East towards Grantham and then onto the A6011 into Nottingham. The ground is situated by the A6011.

Rowland Lee informs me; 'There is an alternative route to the ground from the South; Leave the M1 at Junction 21a (Leicester East) and follow the A46 dual carriageway towards Newark. After around 20 miles take the A606 towards Nottingham. At the first roundabout that is the junction with the A52, take the 4th exit onto the A52, signposted towards Grantham. At the next roundabout turn left onto the A6011 towards Nottingham. The ground is about a mile down this road.

Park & Ride

If you would prefer not to drive into Nottingham centre, then there is a 'Park and Ride' scheme now in operation. If leaving the M1 at Junction 24 and following the A453 towards Nottingham, then the Clifton South Park & Ride site is clearly signposted. If coming in from the North and leaving the M1 at Junction 25 and following the A52 towards Nottingham, then the Totan Lane Park & Ride signposted off the first roundabout you reach. Parking is free and then you can take a tram to Nottingham Railway Station. If you show your matchday ticket then you can by a tram ticket for £2 return, otherwise it costs £3.50 return for Adults and Children £2. Please note that you need to purchase your ticket before getting on the tram. The journey time into Nottingham is 15 minutes and trams run every 10 minutes (or less) during the day and every 15 minutes in the evenings. The service runs until midnight (except Sundays when it is 11pm).

Car Parking

There is little parking available at the stadium itself for visiting supporters. There is some street parking to be had, especially in the roads near to the Meadow Lane ground across the river. Steve Barratt informs me; 'regarding the parking at Forest, the council operate a car park on match days on the Victoria Embankment, located near to the cricket ground. They charge £5 but it is only a two minute walk to the stadium'. The council also provide parking at their Eastcroft depot (NG2 3AH) at £4 a car. The depot is a ten minute walk from the City Ground, located just off London Road (A60), opposite Hooters. The entrance is signposted with banners and is manned by security guards throughout the match. Martin Breslin informs me; 'There is a relatively new, secure multi-storey car park at Nottingham Railway Station which offers match day parking at £5 all day on a Saturday, £3.50 on evenings (after 6pm). You enter the car park via Queens Road'. There is also the option of renting a private driveway near the City Ground via YourParkingSpace.co.uk.

Gerry Toms adds 'bear in mind that as the one end of the ground backs onto the River Trent, you cannot drive around it, so it is probably best to park at first available opportunity, or you may find yourself crossing the River Trent and having to come back on yourself again'. 

Steve Haynes a visiting Aston Villa fan informs me; 'We parked at the East Midlands Parkway Railway Station (it has a large secure car park) which is just off Junction 24 of the M1. We then caught the train into Nottingham which took 16 minutes. I paid £5.10 for a park and ride ticket which included parking and a return ticket to Nottingham. After the game, a return train was easy to catch and of course the return to the M1 was completely traffic free. I certainly think this is a great option for people travelling up from the South'. 

Post Code for SAT NAV: NG2 5FJ

• Options
    edited February 2020

Here you go @FannyFanackapan . I've parked in the Council offices before but not sure if that is open for midweek evening  games.

Car Parking

There is little parking available at the stadium itself for visiting supporters. There is some street parking to be had, especially in the roads near to the Meadow Lane ground across the river. The council operate a car park on match days on the Victoria Embankment, located near to the cricket ground. They charge £5 but it is only a two minute walk to the stadium'. The council also provide parking at their Eastcroft depot (NG2 3AH) at £4 a car. The depot is a ten minute walk from the City Ground, located just off London Road (A60), opposite Hooters. The entrance is signposted with banners and is manned by security guards throughout the match. There is a relatively new, secure multi-storey car park at Nottingham Railway Station which offers match day parking at £5 all day on a Saturday, £3.50 on evenings (after 6pm). You enter the car park via Queens Road'. There is also the option of renting a private driveway near the City Ground via YourParkingSpace.co.uk.

• Options
    I've used the Trent Bridge car park before and just walked over the river.

Not sure if it's open for a midweek game though.
  • Options
    We'll be driving up again to this one & looking at the Forest website, there doesn't appear to be any info for away fans as to parking .

Any help on this and for places close by to eat/drink would be most welcome, thanks. 
    If you're getting up there early & like old pubs, this is the place to eat & drink, but it's about 30 mins walk to the ground.
    It's not the place for rowdiness & singing etc.

https://www.visit-nottinghamshire.co.uk/food-and-drink/ye-olde-trip-to-jerusalem-p529041
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, guys.

Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Just got my 2, just under 800 sold which isn’t too bad i think. With walk ups 900+?
  • Options
    Just got my 2, just under 800 sold which isn’t too bad i think. With walk ups 900+?

Another cracking turnout.
  • Options
    agree, away numbers are superb at the moment despite what's being served up on the pitch !
  • Options
    Keep a close eye on the weather before setting off, I'm 54 miles North West of Nottingham and we've got snow. Hopefully it'll thaw and won't affect the game tomorrow.