Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Fulham | Wednesday 22 January 2020 Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Scotty says we played for a draw and I agree with him. We actually did the game management thing rather well. We knew that our team got stronger when Johnie W and Lyle came on so for me it was a case of not conceding a goal in the first half. Fulham did miss several clear-cut chances which gave me palpitations but after outplaying us in the first half they faded and the second half was far more even. I fancied our chances when Kyle came on and we nearly nicked it at the death. A very good point for us but I don't think Fulham are good enough to get promoted. Their fans were decent to talk to on the train back to Waterloo. I hope they beat Millwall!
  • Options
    Played for the draw yeh right
    Ok our main aim was not to concede
    But think we proved a point by our attacking substitutions
    Parker is a prize knob with him comments!
    Actually he is a prize knob anyway
    But could he compete with @blackpool72's 10 inch cock ? 
    Unfortunately that never came true. 
    Stuck with the same old 9 inches  😁
    Any female fans, please look away.

It's no good getting your hopes up.

• Options
    Oi, Forever ..... don't spoil the thread!

• Options
    edited January 2020

To be fair, he's not wrong  - the boy is rapid.
  • Options
    Was quite a sight seeing him outpace the Fulham man while he had the ball. Can't remember seeing a player for us as quick when in possession. 
  • Options
    My son bought tickets, treating me and his brother who's always wanted to go where the noise is in J block. Our seats - directly in front of the drummers. 24 hours later my ears are still ringing. Who said 0-0 draws can't be memorable?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Was quite a sight seeing him outpace the Fulham man while he had the ball. Can't remember seeing a player for us as quick when in possession. 
    Dennis Rommedahl was fast but Alfie is mercurial on the wing!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    First one I thought of, lightning without the ball but was so frustrating he wasn't more direct like Alfie when in possession. 
  • Options
    Rommedhal was wasted for us, never got a run on when on the wing. Always thought we should stick up him top and go over the too
  • Options
    Dennis Rommedhal verses Alfie Morgan ????

Was you at Selhurst? 

Not in the same league imo....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Expected a tonking so treated last night's game like a victory. Thought our atmosphere was first class and fulham's poor, but as I'm in H block Covered End I'm in the middle of it which distorts your perspective. Kept a Hammers mate company at the London Stadium last Saturday. Both sets of fans really quiet, and nothing like the noise you get at any Championship game I've been to this season. They try hard but singing sections too spread out amongst the tourists. But I doubt they would sing their side off after a 0-0 like we did. 
    In the first half I thought the Fulham fans actually outsung the CE, but with a pretty dismal repertoire of songs

They were quiet in the second half though
    On TV or sitting close to the Jimmy Seed stand. In NWQ we heard them a bit, but only to the volume that I’d know the directors box would hear them. They were louder away thanterroble they were at home where given the lad is only 10 and a scale model of short arsed me, we crossed the steward line without really thinking about it so he could see. 

We were on the Charlton chants and everyone else was quiet. One guy about four rows back started to support Fulham but everyone else was silent.

The stewards did come over and ask us to move back into the Charlton side of the stand after 10 minutes but by god their support is terrible at the Cottage. Better away I guess.
  • Options
    Gammon said:
    Referees need to do a better job at protecting players that are targeted by opposotion.

By the third late fail on Johnny there shouldve been a booking to say enough is enough, if you cant stop him fairly you cant result to fouling him.

No wonder he ends up injured.
    resort
  • Options
    Was in Lower North , didn’t hear them much whatsoever.

For a zip - zip draw, thought the chanting/atmosphere from the Covered End was very, very good.
  • Options
    Expected a tonking so treated last night's game like a victory. Thought our atmosphere was first class and fulham's poor, but as I'm in H block Covered End I'm in the middle of it which distorts your perspective. Kept a Hammers mate company at the London Stadium last Saturday. Both sets of fans really quiet, and nothing like the noise you get at any Championship game I've been to this season. They try hard but singing sections too spread out amongst the tourists. But I doubt they would sing their side off after a 0-0 like we did. 
    In the first half I thought the Fulham fans actually outsung the CE, but with a pretty dismal repertoire of songs

They were quiet in the second half though
    On TV or sitting close to the Jimmy Seed stand. In NWQ we heard them a bit, but only to the volume that I’d know the directors box would hear them. They were louder away thanterroble they were at home where given the lad is only 10 and a scale model of short arsed me, we crossed the steward line without really thinking about it so he could see. 

We were on the Charlton chants and everyone else was quiet. One guy about four rows back started to support Fulham but everyone else was silent.

The stewards did come over and ask us to move back into the Charlton side of the stand after 10 minutes but by god their support is terrible at the Cottage. Better away I guess.
    I sit near the half way line, so in a good position to judge the loudness of the CE and JS   :D
  • Options
    Talal said:
     Alfie, in the Preston highlights also, created our goal literally out of nothing. He's a great outlet too ....... given the ball in a deep position hugging the touchline, he just sets off driving at pace direct to the byline, leaving the defender trailing - and squares across the face of the goal; Green can't miss.

It's simplicity is a thing of beauty. 

• Options
    BR3red said:
    Dennis Rommedhal verses Alfie Morgan ????

Was you at Selhurst? 

Not in the same league imo....
    Alfie Morgan. Are you getting a bit confused? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Please don't mention Alfie fecking Doughty in the same breath as Dennis Rommedahl.
    Alfie is one for the future and nowhere near the finished article.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Please don't mention Alfie fecking Doughty in the same breath as Dennis Rommedahl.
    He's not... Simply talking about how quick they both are
  • Options
    Fulham fans were silent but that's no surprise as Craven Cottage is silent aswell. Watched on red button and covered end came through loud and clear. Voices needed for the Barnsley to show the day trippers what The Valley is all about.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Fair enough!
    I get a bit punchy where DR is concerned  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's ALBIE ffs
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Fair enough!
    I get a bit punchy where DR is concerned  :)
    You were squaring up for a ding dong😀 lucky ForeverA stepped in to calm the situation.
    Alfie is rapid with the ball though
  • Options
    It's ALBIE ffs
    I always thought it was Alfie Doughty? ;)
  • Options
    Albie Morgan, Alfie Doughty. 
  • Options
    Albert and Alfred. It’s like the 1920s all over again. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
     Except they're Albie and Alfie. They're neither Albert or Alfred.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Calm down! Only saying Alfie is fast but I know he has a lot to learn! We were comparing pace not the finished player.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Calm down! Only saying Alfie is fast but I know he has a lot to learn! We were comparing pace not the finished player.
    Yep, already acknowledged above mate
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    My mate's dog is called Alfie.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    My mate's dog is called Alfie.

My mate's dog is called Albie