Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2020

Comments

• Options
    Takes Kent all of 4 balls to nab one. Leaning flinging himself into the top corner to grab it after batting for 9 hours
  • Options
    Fame at last @killerandflash
  • Options
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/gilchrist-joins-kent/

Kent sign rookie bowler Nathan Gilchrist from Somerset

Only 20, so one for the future 
    Indeed - hasn't played a competitive first team game of any description but that is more to do with the strengths in reserve in the Somerset fast bowling department - he took 5-76 in a pre season friendly against Gloucs. Played against Kent 2s last season where he clearly impressed but, perhaps, as much an influence may have been Tim Groenewald who would have known him well from training and playing with him for Somerset 2s.

I believe that there is another connection between Groenewald and Gilchrist - the former is South African born and given that on Gilchrist's profile it states that St Stithians College (a premier school in S A who come to England every summer to play in the county age group tournament at Kings Taunton) is one of his major sides. Presumably he holds a British passport.

With Gilchrist, Robinson, Cox, Crawley and Qadri all under 23 the future is looking good for us. 
    Kent have recruited more astutely than most other counties over the last three years. They are starting to look a decent county team. One good quick that plays all the time would make a difference, I suspect. I'm not sure about Groenewald; he never impressed that much when he played for Somerset. Certainly, Kent are going in the right direction.
    Not sure about him either but he usually did well against us when he was at Derbyshire.

Whether that says more about us at the time or him time will tell.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Kent’s record partnership of 382 may be in their sights 
    Was passed. 423 unbroken. Was the 382 for the second wicket or any wicket? 
  • Options
    Another wicket for Kent, Sussex 35-2, still 163 behind.

Young prospect DI Stevens with the wicket ...
  • Options
    Another wicket for Kent, Sussex 35-2, still 163 behind.

Young prospect DI Stevens with the wicket ...Didn't know he was a copper as well.
  • Options
    I suspect Sussex will fold for under 200 in the second innings
    I might revise that down to 160. Kent are through to the tail already at 35/2
  • Options
    I suspect Sussex will fold for under 200 in the second innings
    I might revise that down to 160. Kent are through to the tail already at 35/2
    43-3

:smiley:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 down, the 3rd for Stevo
  • Options
    As a Sussex fan I cannot remember us playing an 11 worse than the current crop, When Mitch Claydon is your best player you're not gonna win many games of cricket. Still baffled about the loaning of Laurie Evans to Surrey for the week
  • Options
    Young Darren has it on a piece of string 
  • Options
    Young Darren has it on a piece of string 
    I can see this lad having a good future ahead of him: bowling figures of 3-22 off 9.1 overs in this second innings.

I believe he can bat a bit as well.

Good prospect.
  • Options
    who needs Denly and Crawley ? .. Jordan Cox, another ginger genius ((:>)
  • Options
    As a Sussex fan I cannot remember us playing an 11 worse than the current crop, When Mitch Claydon is your best player you're not gonna win many games of cricket. Still baffled about the loaning of Laurie Evans to Surrey for the week
    It looks more like a 2nd XI. Salt and Brown are the only two worth their place. Admittedly, Archer, Robinson and Jordan are all missing but I would say this team is the weakest of the 18 counties in red ball cricket. As for Laurie Evans going to Surrey, it doesn't add up.
  • Options
    And there was me questioning letting Dickson go, and how it would leave us vulnerable up top...

I'm not sure Dickson is enjoying the pitches up north, 2 defeats for Durham and so far he's got 11, 14, 2 and 3
  • Options
    And there was me questioning letting Dickson go, and how it would leave us vulnerable up top...

I'm not sure Dickson is enjoying the pitches up north, 2 defeats for Durham and so far he's got 11, 14, 2 and 3
    That's a decent score at Chester-le-Street
  • Options
    Lord Stevens is at it again.

89-5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 down 89-5

Stevo getting 4 wickets on a flat, white pitch in the middle of summer
  • Options
    Think we should get this young Stevens bloke on a 5 year contract.........
    Another 5fer.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Sussex 102-7, Podders bags a wicket, Bilbo with the catch.

EDIT: If we play this sensibly, we stand a chance of winning this.
  • Options
    Just checked in to see the score - at least one of my teams going well! And with so many players out on various ENG duties and now another one!
  • Options
    How do Denly and Kuhn get back in the team?
  • Options
    Looking at the side, we actually have 6 bowlers in this match, and neither Thomas nor Qadri have bowled yet
  • Options
    Looking at the side, we actually have 6 bowlers in this match, and neither Thomas nor Qadri have bowled yet
    I suspect that they will leave out one of the bowlers to accommodate either Denly or Kuhn. DBD can bowl a few overs if they really need it and Denly could be the second spinner. But, as I say, I'm not sure how you get both in the team.  
  • Options
    113-8, the main man Finch goes