Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2020

Comments

• Options
    Topley injured? Well I never!
  • Options
    As a born and bred essex boy, never in doubt!!!. Although Essex can always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Shouldn’t you be called Basildon graham?
  • Options
    As a born and bred essex boy, never in doubt!!!. Although Essex can always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Bromley-by-bow Graham?
  • Options
    Martin Saggers is umpiring the ODI international today incidentally
  • Options

Bromley-by-bow Graham?
    Who asked you 😂
  • Options
    Born at Ilford when it was in Essex, watched Essex at Valentines Park, Romford, Gidea Park, Brentwood, Southend but never Chelmsford even though i lived there for 10 years. Lived in Bromley, London Borough of Bromley for the last 30 years but will always follow Essex. Followed Charlton for 55 years. Sad Alan B'stard that i am. 
  • Options
    No discussion about the current game against Sussex. As a Sussex supporter, I appreciate that letting such a ropey Sussex batting line-up score over 300 must be upsetting, but I can't see Sussex taking 20 wickets without (our) Ollie Robinson. I suspect Sussex will fold for under 200 in the second innings, so Kent are still favourites, in my opinion, although not as much as I feared. 
  • Options
    No discussion about the current game against Sussex. As a Sussex supporter, I appreciate that letting such a ropey Sussex batting line-up score over 300 must be upsetting, but I can't see Sussex taking 20 wickets without (our) Ollie Robinson. I suspect Sussex will fold for under 200 in the second innings, so Kent are still favourites, in my opinion, although not as much as I feared. 
    If I had been there, I would have sung

"There's only one Ollie Robinson"

As it would have been true
  • Options
    Sussex all out for 332

There you go tma is that the discussion you were after?
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Sussex all out for 332

Goodness me. These supporters who follow sides that have wallowed around the lower half of Division Two for years soon get all high and mighty and look down on minnows once they get up a level. :)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    100 without loss at lunch though to put it in context, it's only Sussex we're playing  ;)
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Sussex all out for 332

Goodness me. These supporters who follow sides that have wallowed around the lower half of Division Two for years soon get all high and mighty and look down on minnows once they get up a level. :)

I just cannot get into it this year at all and was barely aware of this match..

It must be 'the new normal' as I've been obsessed with 'Proper' cricket since the nineteen sixties.
  • Options
    100 without loss at lunch though to put it in context, it's only Sussex we're playing  ;)
    That's true. And, Sussex's second team bowling attack too (no Archer, Robinson, Jordan, Wiese or Briggs). 500 minimum should be Kent's target unless Claydon comes back to haunt Kent (I somehow doubt that!)
  • Options
    Where’s the Surrey thread ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Having a little rest.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    It's under an EFL embargo
  • Options
    Does anyone have live access to the match?

I had it up until lunch but nothing since then....

Listening in via Radio Kent.
  • Options
    redman said:
    19 year old Jordan Cox maiden first class century. Previous best 29 (in 4 matches). Not bad for a young wicketkeeper! Keep it going Jordan 
    115 career runs before today
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Kent are 257-1off 64 overs. Cox 134 not out, Leaning 66 not out. Trail Sussex by 76.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have been a perfect day to watch cricket. Lounging in the sun watching Kent smack the ball around, just interrupted by an occasional visit to the Les Ames for another pint of ale...

Having said that, I'd probably be moaning that it was too hot!
  • Options
    Does anyone have live access to the match?

I had it up until lunch but nothing since then....

Listening in via Radio Kent.
    A Sussex fan sabotaged the feed
  • Options
    Kent doing ok 

302/1
    cox 150*

• Options
    The only thing that will save Sussex is the 120 over limit for first innings. Or did I dream that?
  • Options
    Close of play 338-1. Kent lead by 6 runs 

Jordan Cox 167 not out
    Jack Leaning 110 not out

Incredible batting all day. 
  • Options
    Close of play 338-1. Kent lead by 6 runs 

Jordan Cox 167 not out
    Jack Leaning 110 not out

Incredible batting all day. 
    I imagine the Sussex bowlers were desperate for close of play!
  • Options
    CHG said:
    The only thing that will save Sussex is the 120 over limit for first innings. Or did I dream that?
    Sussex got 332 in the first innings. Unless the pitch deteriorates, they ought to be able to get a decent score in their second innings
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Stewart said:
    Kent doing ok 

302/1
    cox 150*

With the Sussex bowling attack, Kent will be the more disappointed, I would think, due to the fact that they lost a wicket.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    CHG said:
    Sussex got 332 in the first innings. Unless the pitch deteriorates, they ought to be able to get a decent score in their second innings
    200 max. 150-160 more likely.
  • Options
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/gilchrist-joins-kent/

Kent sign rookie bowler Nathan Gilchrist from Somerset

Only 20, so one for the future