Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2020

Comments

• Options
    Come on @Addick Addict if you are going to list the players do it probably. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Apologies. Really must try harder ;-( 

• Options
    Stewart said:

And you've merged Grant Stewart and Ivan Thomas into one player  :D
  • Options
    Stewart said:

And you've merged Grant Stewart and Ivan Thomas into one player  :D
    Oh FFS!

There's me having a go at two former Kent players who were umpiring on Sunday for calling "over" after 5 balls and I can't even get a simple list correct. I know one of them has a mole on here who feeds back certain things I post on here so just hope it doesn't get back to him 'cos he'll make my life a misery!
  • Options
    And none of you smart arses spotted that I'd given Blake a "red" instead of a "white" contract too!
  • Options
    And none of you smart arses spotted that I'd given Blake a "red" instead of a "white" contract too!
    #redcontractsmatter
  • Options
    I noticed it but was too polite to mention it

I thought it might have tipped you over the edge  :D
  • Options
    I noticed and typed but then didn't post.

I am nice like that.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I noticed and typed but then didn't post.

I am nice like that.

Prove that you typed it 😂
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    I make this our squad for the season in all disciplines:

Sam Billings (possible England duties)
    Daniel Bell-Drummond
    Alex Blake (white ball)
    Jordan Cox
    Zac Crawley (possible England duties)
    Joe Denly (possible England duties)
    Tim Groenwald
    Fred Klassen
    Heino Kuhn
    Matt Milnes
    Calum Haggett
    Jack Leaning
    Marcus O'Riordan
    Harry Podmore
    Hamidullah Qadri
    Imran Qayyum
    Ollie Robinson
    Adam Rouse
    Darren Stevens
    Ivan Thomas
    Grant Stewart

When did you guys pick up Groenwald? Mich like Stevens and Coles he is a serial pisser offer of Surrey. Always seems to get a career best against us!
  • Options
    When are Kent’s fixtures out ? 
  • Options
    I see Surrey are allowing members into their friendly v Middlesex as a test. Hopefully will go well and can be rolled out to other counties. One advantage Canterbury has is that most people can drive to the ground so no public transport. Also plenty of room for county game. 

• Options
    Nice clip of Carl Hooper in a Kent shirt, when playing for the Windies. Even if he is getting out!

• Options
    Two day friendly game against Essex tomorrow before we open the season on Saturday against er Essex 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Two day friendly game against Essex tomorrow before we open the season on Saturday against er Essex 
    "Cookie I loved your commentary on the BBC, have you thought of retiring and taking it up permanently"
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/essex-warm-up-match-to-be-live-streamed/

Kent’s warm-up match against Essex will be used to test a new enhanced live stream package for the 2020 season
    With four different camera angles and integrated live commentary from BBC Radio Kent, the two-day match at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence, which is closed-off from spectators, will be the first time this new system is tested.

• Options

Kent’s warm-up match against Essex will be used to test a new enhanced live stream package for the 2020 season
    With four different camera angles and integrated live commentary from BBC Radio Kent, the two-day match at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence, which is closed-off from spectators, will be the first time this new system is tested.

Catching up with the bigger counties. Good to see.
  • Options

Catching up with the bigger counties. Good to see.
    Nah 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    when I looked last week it appears that all Kent's home fixtures are behind closed doors, whereas Surrey and Essex away weren't. Bit odd that Essex can have spectators (Chelmsford isn't big is it?) and Kent can't?
  • Options
    Robinson made a ton, Cox 52 with nobody else making major contributions

DBD and Kuhn opened the batting, which isn't ideal
  • Options
    The live stream wasn’t working when I tried earlier. Just had to watch 10 second videos of the wickets / good shots 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The live stream wasn’t working when I tried earlier. Just had to watch 10 second videos of the wickets / good shots 
    It didn't work for me either
  • Options
    when I looked last week it appears that all Kent's home fixtures are behind closed doors, whereas Surrey and Essex away weren't. Bit odd that Essex can have spectators (Chelmsford isn't big is it?) and Kent can't?

I would suggest that is due to cost of opening the ground. I went to the Oval yesterday and there were a lot more stewards around than you would find for a normal games,  for example those ensuring queuing for the bars was done, also to control numbers entering the toilets. one I used limited to five persons at a time.
    So running costs high for a small number of members.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/fixture/kent-vs-essex-2/

Good to see Ivan Thomas back playing again, though he was expensive. Our batting does look rather thin, in the absence of Crawley, Denly and Billings, I can't see us winning the Bob Willis trophy!
  • Options
    msomerton said:

I would suggest that is due to cost of opening the ground. I went to the Oval yesterday and there were a lot more stewards around than you would find for a normal games,  for example those ensuring queuing for the bars was done, also to control numbers entering the toilets. one I used limited to five persons at a time.
    So running costs high for a small number of members.
    How did the seating arrangements work?
  • Options
    The seating was interesting , if you came with friends then they sat next to you,  other people sat one seat apart. The rose behind and in front empty. Thought it worked reasonably well. At the intervals a few people would come across to speak to friends and get a bit to close. On the concourse when queuing people did wear face masks, buttoned standing at tables drinking then face masks came off. Entry into ground not a problem as the Oval does not use turnstiles.
    Over all thought it worked quite well, will seeon Saturday and Sunday how it works with more than double the number.
  • Options
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/rouse-retires-from-cricket/?amp=1

Rouse retires. Interesting timing, it seems that he instigated it
  • Options
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/rouse-retires-from-cricket/?amp=1

Rouse retires. Interesting timing, it seems that he instigated it

Very sad for him. Top keeper and bloke too who will, if that is the direction he wants to go, be an excellent coach - he helped Seb a lot on the two or three occasions he coached him.