Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2020

Comments

• Options
    For some reason canters I don't think they like Surrey a lot on this thread. 🤣🤣

Kent = Charlton

Surrey = Palace

Nuff said, innit.

Actually no.
    Kent have teamed up with palarse. 
    Fact.
  • Options
    redman said:
    MrOneLung said:
    No, they are nothing to do with Kent. 

You can choose any team to cheer if you want. 
    Nor are they anything to do with surrey
    Not the impression Surrey CCC are giving. Also the extra finance they get from this will be significant
    Umm? where are you getting that idea from? Surrey have always been anti the 100. We were actually the last time to finally give in and vote for it in order to receive the bribe after Essex and Kent had broken the voting block.

We also pushed the ECB significantly further after that re use of the Oval threatening to not allow use etc. 

The ECB have massively pushed surrey to include the 100 in ALL memberships. Surrey refused and decided to offer one membership which had it as an added extra. A membership they aren't actively promoting and all the unofficial messages from the club are that they would love it if there was zero take up of this as it would massively help their case with the ECB.

As for finance, aside from the bribe which every county gets the only additional finance we are receiving for this is the payment for not being allowed to use our own ground in peak season - which i'm told is not actually as much as the estimated income lost by having to host games at out grounds.
    Poor Surrey 😂
    Not looking for any sympathy. In my view all cricket fans should be uniting against this bull.

Not gonna have someone claim Surrey are for it when we are actually the county that fought against it the most. @redman any comment
  • Options
    @cantersaddick
    you made your point so wasn't going to get into a big pointless debate about specifics. 
    100% agree we should be uniting against this bull and I am certainly aware that Surrey were against it.
    I was pretty sure a Surrey member had told me his membership included the 100 but he wouldn't be going (he rarely goes to 20/20), but if I misunderstood him my mistake. 
    I still feel the liklehood that the big counties will do better out of it than the smaller counties. Only time will tell but feel very bitter about the whole thing and it is not a dig at Surrey. Lancashire have released all of their management and coaching staff to the 100 team based at Old Trafford despite the fact they are contracted to Lancashire CCC. 
    Kent are even giving discounts to members to attend the 100 at the Oval even though Kent will be playing at the same time. 
    Kent are giving up players to play in this silly competition. 
    England players are using to promote the tournament and there will be a test series going on!
    We are already seeing England players being rested so they can be fit for the IPL. I wonder if anyone will be rested for the 100!
    Rant over! Certainly not digging at you or Surrey in particular!
  • Options
    I hope it crashes and burns but it wont.

will still be nearly sell out crowds everywhere and the BBC will wet themselves over the crumbs they have been thrown, and the ECB will bang on about free to air, new generation of viewers etc.
  • Options
    redman said:
    @cantersaddick
    you made your point so wasn't going to get into a big pointless debate about specifics. 
    100% agree we should be uniting against this bull and I am certainly aware that Surrey were against it.
    I was pretty sure a Surrey member had told me his membership included the 100 but he wouldn't be going (he rarely goes to 20/20), but if I misunderstood him my mistake. 
    I still feel the liklehood that the big counties will do better out of it than the smaller counties. Only time will tell but feel very bitter about the whole thing and it is not a dig at Surrey. Lancashire have released all of their management and coaching staff to the 100 team based at Old Trafford despite the fact they are contracted to Lancashire CCC. 
    Kent are even giving discounts to members to attend the 100 at the Oval even though Kent will be playing at the same time. 
    England players are using to promote the tournament and there will be a test series going on!
    We are already seeing England players being rested so they can be fit for the IPL. I wonder if anyone will be rested for the 100!
    Fair enough and completely agree. Dont think any county will do well out of it in the long run. Its basically the death of cricket.

As for your mate. There are membership options that include it and if hes just gone for the 'full package' he may have that. There are however plenty of options to get all surrey games and no 100. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    @cantersaddick
    Fair enough and completely agree. Dont think any county will do well out of it in the long run. Its basically the death of cricket.

As for your mate. There are membership options that include it and if hes just gone for the 'full package' he may have that. There are however plenty of options to get all surrey games and no 100. 
    Surrey also sell packages which exclude the games against Kent, seeing that they always lose those  :D
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Great article that. A massive shame the way his career went, and as aside the lack of home grown bowlers in our side now
  • Options
    It was a shame Riley couldn't push on to what was expected. The pressure of changing his bowling to adapt to the faster pace obviously affected him. Good luck in his new career. 

Kent have now got one of the best young off-spinners in Hamidullah Qadri. A possible future England player if the coaching staff manage him properly and don't put too much pressure on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In other Kent news, they have released the new 150th year county shirt.

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/club-unveils-150th-year-county-championship-shirt/
  • Options
    Kent's Ollie Robinson made his Lions debut today in their 4-day match against NSW who are 242-4 at stumps. Our former player, Ollie Robinson is playing too and of course it was always going to happen:

Ryan Hackney ct Ollie Robinson b Ollie Robinson 95
    "The man of the match is...Ollie Robinson"
  • Options
    Zak Crawley signs a contract until the end of 2022
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/crawley-signs-until-2022/
  • Options
    The domestic cricket season starts today, with Kent in action at Lancs...
  • Options
    The domestic cricket season starts today, with Kent in action at Lancs...
    Indeed. Sussex are 19-4 against Durham in highly realistic computer simulation 
  • Options
    No Henry according to the BBC. We're talking about the talented Matt not the talented Irving. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/52292158
  • Options
    No Henry according to the BBC. We're talking about the talented Matt not the talented Irving. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/52292158
    Well there's unlikely to be a CC this season, or one worth flying from the other side of the world for.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The Hundred has been moved to 2021 - shame!!!!

Here's hoping we do get some decent cricket this season anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The hundred is the one competition I was not looking forward to.a flawed idea imo.

Totally agree with you regarding getting some decent cricket this summer. 
    Fingers crossed mate. 
  • Options
    think they may play later in year but just for TV and streaming purposes. Can't see any crowds being in 
  • Options

Won’t notice the difference for county games
  • Options

Not normally, but if cricket was the first sport to allow an audience in, I imagine a number of sport starved fans would be there, even for Glamorgan vs Leics in Div 2!
  • Options
    Definitely early season weather today.
  • Options
    But on the bright side, we weren't seven down before lunch on Day 1 ...
  • Options
    I suspect it's because you've been doing a lot of dancing workouts in isolation Fanny - please do stop if and when we are cleared to resume playing though!
  • Options

The only difference might have been that The Hundred would have run alongside other comps and consequently counties would not have been at full strength
  • Options
    I see we were due to play Surrey in the CC at Beckenham, starting on the 8th May

I trust the pools panel will award us the 24 points we would have earned!
  • Options

The only difference might have been that The Hundred would have run alongside other comps and consequently counties would not have been at full strength
    It's the 50 over competition which really would have suffered as that was the competition most affected