Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*** Aiden McGeady Signs! Loan deal until end of the season.***

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    We played him in midfield though, he might have been good on the wing
  • Options
    We played him in midfield though, he might have been good on the wing
    He did have some games out wide for us.
  • Options
    TransferMarkt has him down as having played in the following for us

• Options

He is a left winger, playing him wide right at his age was equally as delusional as attacking midfield.
  • Options

He is a left winger, playing him wide right at his age was equally as delusional as attacking midfield.
    Those were the two games we won with him starting...
  • Options

Those were the two games we won with him starting...
    I don't think he had any attacking impetus though, two 1 nil wins. Both set pieces 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Scoham said:
    We're still in the Championship...

Well bugger me #bowyerIn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the dipstick that goes by the name TheRey is another Nigel that can’t stop thinking about us. As we all know- when Roy retires and their ageing squad breaks apart, we will pass them on our way up. As we all know football is cyclical!
    Well done Sunderland though, I’m pleased for them to finally win at Wembley and I will be delighted for them if they go up.
  • Options
    Parky's decision to completely sideline McGeady before he was sacked is looking more and more ludicrous. If McGeady had been in the team all season, Sunderland would probably be in the automatics now
  • Options
    Parky's decision to completely sideline McGeady before he was sacked is looking more and more ludicrous. If McGeady had been in the team all season, Sunderland would probably be in the automatics now
    They had a bust up. More to it than just not picking him. 
  • Options
    They had a bust up. More to it than just not picking him. 
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aiden-mcgeady-sunderland-parkinson-fallout-19496204

A very long and interesting interview here, and McGeady denies that

He speaks well about us and Bowyer incidentally
  • Options
    From what I have seen McGeady is getting the crosses and free kicks first time into the box and Wyke is getting on the end of these. 

Simple yet effective. 

Or wingers could learn a lot from this, rather than trying to beat the defender again and again or passing the ball  backwards and starting the 5 yard passes around the box we seem obsessed with to allow the oppositions defence to get organised and everyone behind the ball. 

Was sent the Hales goal of the season versus Hull goal the other day. A fantastic example  of going forward at pace and getting a quick decent cross into the box.