Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*** Aiden McGeady Signs! Loan deal until end of the season.***

Comments

• Options
    Bowyer looks fucked 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    He doesn't look that enthusiastic to be joining. That said it's what he does out on the park that counts.
    long commute from Mackem Town ((:>)
  • Options
    I’ve been told he was razor sharp in training - I didn’t think he was with us in time, but it was from a good source. 
  • Options
    just done a quick check .. McGeady is younger than Wayne Rooney .. 
  • Options
    Irish, stocky, bit tubby but a wand for a delivery

Nah...never worked out the last time we had that kind of player as a playmaker and dead ball merchant 
    Got relegated that season while managed by a former Charlton midfielder...
    Touche

If McGeady plays 90% of remaining games and all he does is free kicks and corners, it will be worth it. Hopefully he can do a bit more, still.

We are woeful on dead ball
    Except against West Bromwich when we scored from 2 set pieces.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    LenGlover said:
    He doesn't look that enthusiastic to be joining. That said it's what he does out on the park that counts.
    Nothing will top this... 

Someone said they saw him in the Bull in Chislehurst New Year's Day. Does he have any ties to this area,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:
    Bowyer looks fucked 
    Off.
  • Options
    Interesting tweet from Rich Cawley

If you believe Charlton are paying the portion of Aiden McGeady's wages mentioned by some of the media at the Sunderland end then just a gentle reminder that the tooth fairy is coming to tea at 6pm - and she only eats tooth-shaped cakes.
  • Options
    Interesting tweet from Rich Cawley

If you believe Charlton are paying the portion of Aiden McGeady's wages mentioned by some of the media at the Sunderland end then just a gentle reminder that the tooth fairy is coming to tea at 6pm - and she only eats tooth-shaped cakes.
    I know for a fact that they wanted hibs to pay £10k a week of his wages, i would imagine they tried to get us to pay more but we will be paying at least that.
  • Options
    Cawley has turned into The Riddler of late.
  • Options
    I don't quite get the analogy.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

To:
    Charlton relied upon Parkinson and Sunderland to do them a favour and let them loan McGeady at a heavily discounted rate. 
  • Options
    Is it me or is Cawley continuously hinting that we have no money or unwilling to spend money ...
  • Options
    https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18210310.sunderland-lining-permanent-move-aiden-mcgeady/

He’s available permanently and the article claims we’re paying around half of his wages.

Wasn’t he said to be on £30k a week? If so perhaps we’re paying more like a third of that. I think £10k had been suggested on here before.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18210310.sunderland-lining-permanent-move-aiden-mcgeady/

He’s available permanently and the article claims we’re paying around half of his wages.

Wasn’t he said to be on £30k a week? If so perhaps we’re paying more like a third of that. I think £10k had been suggested on here before.
    i said 10k a week as they point black refused to budge on that amount for hibs so we wouldn't be paying less than that, we may be paying more.
  • Options
    I think he was on £30k a week but went on a lower contract with a one year extension , around £16k.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he was on £30k a week but went on a lower contract with a one year extension , around £16k.
    If we are paying 10k a week, that's more than we pay most of our other players right? Wouldn't suggest a lack of willingness to spend money to me. 
  • Options
    True but we have only taken on the commitment until the end of the season , 4 months
  • Options
    What it suggests to me is that the club does not want prospective new players and their agents to believe that we have money to burn. Whether we have or have not, is a different matter.
    I agree with this.  I do think that we don't have much money though.  Just a feeling I have.  I am not sure if a deal as been done on the proviso that they have enough money to cover the costs of running the club in the immediate future, but will need investment in the medium term if it's to go anywhere 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Scoham said:

i said 10k a week as they point black refused to budge on that amount for hibs so we wouldn't be paying less than that, we may be paying more.
    In the last chance saloon of deadline day I suspect it’s a question of who needed  the deal more badly, Charlton to sign a player or Sunderland to get some of his wages off their payroll. What one team was prepared to pay on another day (if it was another day) is irrelevant 
  • Options
    Glad to see his name has been to having a capital G. Nothing worse than people spelling you surname, M(a)c and having it a small letter on the second part of your surname.
  • Options
    Glad to see his name has been to having a capital G. Nothing worse than people spelling you surname, M(a)c and having it a small letter on the second part of your surname.
    There is something worse - when people spell their own surname that way.
  • Options
    My understanding is that Mc is followed by a capital whereas Mac is followed by lower case.