Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*** Aiden McGeady Signs! Loan deal until end of the season.***

Comments

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Seen mentioned he has a attitude problem or "bit of a prick" but why is this?

Apart from the issue with Parkinson now has he had other issues? 
    The Netflix documentary doesn't exactly portray him in the most flattering light. Albeit editing may play a part in that but I don't see them changing things that much.
    Have not seen it so can't really comment too much on how he comes across but i am sure if you stuck a video camera in loads of dressing rooms/clubs for a year you would see many instances where a player dont come across well. 
  • Options
    Bundles of experience and has that bit of quality we will need to stay up.

Welcome to Charlton Aiden I hope you enjoy your stay.
  • Options
    There’s something on the sunderland forum about him allegedly bullying a youth player(s) 

Could be bs
  • Options
    i don't want the fat fucker
    Jacob was it past your bedtime 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    There’s something on the sunderland forum about him allegedly bullying a youth player(s) 

Could be bs
    BS? I doubt it, if it's on a forum.

😉
  • Options
    he's just a smug arrogant prick, always been disliked by players and managers.

Artur Boruc beat him up after training while they were at celtic and Strachan couldn't stand him
  • Options
    If LB can't get him to play then nobody can. Not the sort of player you want to be up against.
  • Options
    From Wiki: "A two-footed player, McGeady is known for his speed, skill, and creativity with the ball on the wing, as well as his dribbling skills, technique, close control, ball playing ability, and use of feints and trickery in possession.[84][85][86][87][88] When facing opponents in one on one situations, he is known for using a variation upon the marseille turn (popularised by Zinedine Zidane), which includes him dragging the ball with his right foot behind his standing foot – instead of to the side – during the first phase of the move, in a similar manner to the Cruyff Turn. The third phase also sees him using the outside of his left boot to move the ball in instead of the sole. This trademark move of his has come to be known as the McGeady Spin in his honour, and has been included in EA Sports' FIFA video game series.[89][90]"
  • Options
    I've expressed reservations about him before, it worries me that Parky froze him out and that Sunderland have since started winning consistently

On the other hand, at least it's an experienced player, rather than another raw 19 year old. And lets face it, we've been terrible in our set plays recently, so he will be major step up in that area

A shame we didn't bring him in earlier, once the Maddison deal started cooling, if he had arrived on Monday say he would have had all week to train with us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Many many players have there own skill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcLNUADOQjM

I hope he is fit and ready to show us the Mcgeady turn
  • Options
    Be interesting if Doherty signs. A fellow Scot and a bit of old firm ‘bants’
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    McGeady is Irish 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    McGeady is Irish 
    Nope. He might play for Ireland but he’s a born and bred Scot. 
  • Options

Artur Boruc beat him up after training while they were at celtic and Strachan couldn't stand him

“There was also the Artur Boruc incident with Aiden. I was there, I was inside when it all kicked off. To be fair to Aiden that wasn’t his fault that time – it was the other psychopath’s fault!"

“Something happened outside. Artur ran at him and tried to punch Aiden but he ducked out of the way. The pair were split up and headed for the changing room. Aiden was sitting at his locker and Artur came over to say sorry. He held out his hand, Aiden went to shake it, and then Artur whacked him!"

“It was completely out of order, terrible, but that was the kind of fella Artur was. You never knew what to say to him. He was always on the edge.”

• Options
    Delighted when he was not in the starting line up at Wembley,Bowel movements when he came on,very good player,forget the age,he is younger than Pratley.
  • Options

“There was also the Artur Boruc incident with Aiden. I was there, I was inside when it all kicked off. To be fair to Aiden that wasn’t his fault that time – it was the other psychopath’s fault!"

“Something happened outside. Artur ran at him and tried to punch Aiden but he ducked out of the way. The pair were split up and headed for the changing room. Aiden was sitting at his locker and Artur came over to say sorry. He held out his hand, Aiden went to shake it, and then Artur whacked him!"

“It was completely out of order, terrible, but that was the kind of fella Artur was. You never knew what to say to him. He was always on the edge.”

mcgeady then tried to kick Artur when he was in the shower and fell over, Artur then gave him a bit of a kicking
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    McGeady is Irish 
    he identifies as Irish mate, didn't choose Ireland because he couldn't get a game for Scotland, he chose Ireland as his family are Irish
  • Options
    If he messed around with Bowyer it will be a good one to watch because he wouldn't land anything on Bowyer either physically or metaphorically and Bowyer would mince him.
    If he is a winner they will get along fine.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    McGeady is Irish 
    he identifies as Irish mate, didn't choose Ireland because he couldn't get a game for Scotland, he chose Ireland as his family are Irish
    Yeeees. But he’s Scottish. He’s from Scotland. 
    Was born in Lanarkshire. Hence my point that he’ll have something in common with Doherty. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    If he messed around with Bowyer it will be a good one to watch because he wouldn't land anything on Bowyer either physically or metaphorically and Bowyer would mince him.
    Was going to say similar. A player needs to respect his manager and it seems McGeady had no time for Parkinson. He would surely have more respect for Bowyer based purely on his career in the game.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    McGeady is Irish 
    Was born in Lanarkshire. Hence my point that he’ll have something in common with Doherty. 
    we don't want him, he'e Irish FFS!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    seth plum said:
    you are such a vicious vegan ((:>)
  • Options
    Vegetarian.
  • Options
    Here’s a WhatsApp from my Sunderland friend:

’Ha, he was kicked out of the squad and put with the u23’s and told he could leave as he was being “disruptive” - apparently didn’t like Phil P who then just pushed him out. 
    If you saw Sunderland till I die he was quite critical of Chris Coleman on camera as well. It’s been simmering since Jack Ross left. 
    He is a talent, but we have actually improved since he went out of the team!
    He is a very skill full player and capable of a flash of brilliance but he does slow the play down and doesn’t fit with Parkinson’s pressing Lg1 style!’

There you have it. 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Here’s a WhatsApp from my Sunderland friend:

’Ha, he was kicked out of the squad and put with the u23’s and told he could leave as he was being “disruptive” - apparently didn’t like Phil P who then just pushed him out. 
    If you saw Sunderland till I die he was quite critical of Chris Coleman on camera as well. It’s been simmering since Jack Ross left. 
    He is a talent, but we have actually improved since he went out of the team!
    He is a very skill full player and capable of a flash of brilliance but he does slow the play down and doesn’t fit with Parkinson’s pressing Lg1 style!’

There you have it. 

As I alluded to earlier, Parkinson doesn't really do flare.
  • Options
    shirt number please
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    McGeady is Irish 
    we don't want him, he'e Irish FFS!
    Lets just say he's unlucky either way and leave it at that.

😉
  • Options
    Southall just tweeted saying you "wouldn't get... (Taylor's) left boot" for 3 million