Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*** Aiden McGeady Signs! Loan deal until end of the season.***

Comments

• Options
    Hoping this was not the super deal !
  • Options
    decent
  • Options
    Good signing although he’s coming up 34 this April.  A winger known for his speed, skill and creativity according to Wikipedia he’s scored 4 goals for Sunderland this season.
  • Options
    If he turns out to be a bell end then send him back and nothing lost. Brings experience and creativity, something we lack. Plus it’s another body in. 
  • Options
    “It is what it is.  Aiden couldn’t cope with the intensity of our training” 
  • Options
    Quality signing that.

Southalls confidence on twitter has me feeling positive all of a sudden.  Think today will be a good day 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Obviously as a long term option then McGeady isn't the answer but for the next few months if he can create stuff and be the difference in some games then the reported 10k a week wage contribution (which is less than 200k until the end of the season) could prove a masterstroke.

Was in the league one team of the year last season and won Sunderland's supporters POTY. Seems like his attitude became an issue this season, but maybe he just (probably rightly) thought he was above league one level.

If he does well then we can review it in the summer when he's out of contract.
  • Options
    For me the type of signing that shows good scouting and being sensible - blowing milllions on Toney - would be good but also be v wasteful, for me no outgoings today and 4/5 experienced players in to give us a chance of survival will do me!, give them the summer to build properly and then we can assess
  • Options
    Good signing I think! Will know Jonny from Sunderland and also Josh from the ROI set up.

Everybody knows if Bow can get the best out of him then we have a player on our hands!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    IR94 said:
    Werent he the player caught having a mcdonalds?
    hope he dont discover morleys down here, bloke will be obese
    At least he can send the boss out for one now.
  • Options
    He doesn’t look overweight at the press release, perhaps strips just don’t suit him.

• Options
    From a talent perspective and length of contract the signing makes sense. From the perspective that he was, effectively, kicked out of a League 1 side for being disruptive and refusing to tow the line and buckle down it doesn't. 

Let's hope that Bowyer can get out of him what Parkinson couldn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel the same way I did when Williams signed a bit meh - but on his day he's a game changer. If he brings the same amount of bollocks, desire and effort that Williams does I'll be happy. Having those two about will help us in the final third.
  • Options
    He doesn’t look overweight at the press release, perhaps strips just don’t suit him.

I was always told stripes make you look tall and hoops make you look fat. Maybe it’s Sunderland’s stripes that hide any fat. It might be why he didn’t join QPR.
  • Options
    another attacking creative option who bowyer likes. Not a bad start. 2 centre mids a forward and If being greedy a left back but can see all that 
  • Options
    Obviously as a long term option then McGeady isn't the answer but for the next few months if he can create stuff and be the difference in some games then the reported 10k a week wage contribution (which is less than 200k until the end of the season) could prove a masterstroke.

Was in the league one team of the year last season and won Sunderland's supporters POTY. Seems like his attitude became an issue this season, but maybe he just (probably rightly) thought he was above league one level.

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2019/july/mcgeady-pens-contract-extension

His Sunderland contract runs until 2021.
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Werent he the player caught having a mcdonalds?
    hope he dont discover morleys down here, bloke will be obese
    He should get on well with Bowyer then.  ;)
  • Options
    Happy with that. My Sunderland mate will not be pleased I suspect. Will let you know if I get an angry text from him!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Scoham said:

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2019/july/mcgeady-pens-contract-extension

His Sunderland contract runs until 2021.
    My mistake, i thought i'd read somewhere they were willing to release him in the summer to get him off the wage bill.

Maybe they'll review that if they get promotion though.
  • Options
    McGeady’s talent and experience is undoubted but he is 33 and something of a diva.

Certainly a Bowyer choice though and he seems to do well with this sort of player therefore I’m optimistic. It does have the feel of a signing that will either be shit or champagne, nothing in between.
  • Options
    Excellent player and very clever signing by the club. He is a dangerous attacking threat on his day and too good for league one, even at his age.  Not too concerned about attitude - he's in a situation where he has something to prove and just the type of player who Bowyer will be able to man manage.

Just hope he avoid injuries.