Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer’s visit to The Valley.

Comments

• Options
    Is he saying that within 2-5 years we will be playing Man City in the PL or challenging Man City for the PL?
  • Options
    Is he saying that within 2-5 years we will be playing Man City in the PL or challenging Man City for the PL?
     Playing. But sounds like he's following the Man city model closely.
  • Options
    Love his enthusiasm! Wish that hadn't been said until the end of the season though lol 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Love his enthusiasm! Wish that hadn't been said until the end of the season though lol 
    So close to the summer transfer window just again inflated prices and raises expectations...

you can see he’s excited to be part of Charlton and obviously excited at his own plans for the club!
  • Options
    The Premium league actually
  • Options
    The Premium league actually
    The Premium Loog was first attempt 😉
  • Options
    Words to bite us on the arse!
  • Options
    2 years !? Let’s stay up first eh ? Love the fact he calls us ‘the Charlton’ though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love it... Still think the Sheikh is involved and this window was to throw other clubs off the scent 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    CAFCsayer said:
    Love it... Still think the Sheikh is involved and this window was to throw other clubs off the scent 
    That can't be true. It will become obvious we have money when word gets round on players we bid for etc in the summer. 

I'm not saying he's not involved, but everyone around football will know exactly how much we are willing to spend in the summer. 

Bloody risk aswell if we end up going down!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I suspect that if the Sheikh/ADBD aren't yet involved there is some kind of plan to get them involved at some point. 

Why else would some ADBD guys also Come to the Barnsley game and be at the Club meal out and the photo with them on his insta at the 02 where he called them Charlton directors. 

IF they are involved in any way - even just as directors then for me that can only be a good thing.
    I agree. Personally I think we will be run sensibly for a couple of years and then there could be some spending power when necessary. 

I suspect the Sheikh isn't involved, but there will be some access to sponsorship etc from his companies. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Abu Dhabi Derby soon!
    Wimbledon fans didn’t like it when they moved to Milton Keynes. I doubt the Derby fans will follow them to Abu Dhabi 
  • Options
    I think his Instagram is private, so you won't be able to share the video.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Two things stand out for me in that picture - the lad fifth from the right with the Joker make-up and the one in front of him with the comedy spare arm on his shoulder.
    Thats Sam Field (?) and Jonny Williams respectfully; Jonny has his arm over Solly's shoulder
    You mean it isn't actually a comedy arm?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Have you been taking lessons from ibborg?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How can anyone not see all this as positive? Just because we didnt spend in an awful january transfer window for all clubs.
  • Options
    Is the first time anyone from the new regime has specifcally said they are aiming for the premier league within a certain timeline? I know MS has been reluctant to flat out say anything like "we want to be in the premier within x years/seasons"
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Is the first time anyone from the new regime has specifcally said they are aiming for the premier league within a certain timeline? I know MS has been reluctant to flat out say anything like "we want to be in the premier within x years/seasons"
    Yes I really do believe that MS has been calm about this and the guys from Abu Dhabi have come over seen how great the club can be and have basically said "Lets Get This Done" Once we stay up momentum is everything.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to the roll-out of the masterplan! 
  • Options
    Ok first the picture and now that. HE comes across very genuine to me. Exciting times ahead