Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke City v Charlton Athletic | Sat 08 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    take a draw up there. 
  • Options
    nervy 1-2 win.....Taylor and McGeedy
  • Options
    1-0 win. Green or Davis to score
  • Options
    Think your team is about right. Strongest we can put out for this one and a bit of rotation for the next one.

Due to the loans situation it's either JFC & McGeady on the bench or Smith & Ozzy. Wouldn't mind either way but I'm keen to see McGeady. 

McGeady to come off the bench for the winner. 

1-2
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    6-0 to the Addicks with a female streaker scythed down by Naby in the 5th minute. Brian wot works at the chippy takes a wrong turn at half time toilet break and ends up pissing on the head of Stoke’s Chairman, who can’t remember havin gun had such a good time since Lord Tarquin’s 21st 
    Sorry. It's Friday night. Red wine.
  • Options

5/1 is a good price, feel like it's a winnable game for us.

I like that Lockyer bet too, going to have a few combinations with a Charlton win this weekend.

• Options
    Stoke v Charlton 1-1 draw - Nice to see us looking a bit stronger, tough game Stoke have been in reasonable form. I'd take a draw but we can knick it!
  • Options
    I REALLY hope we don't repeat last week's second half, with defensive substitutions and Dillon time wasting after 60 minutes, as we're no defensively good enough. We were lucky against Barnsley, we won't be so lucky next time
  • Options
    Would take a point all day long and think we will get one. Windy conditions, so a shit game, 0-0.
  • Options
    If McGeady has been outstanding in training I wonder if he’ll start? He hasn’t featured for Sunderland for some time, but he may have been turning out for their U23s? 
    But either way, this is going to be nail biting. I fancy us to nick something from the game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great preview FA , I think it will be back to a return of the Desmond's , a G & T one each , happy to take a point up there.
  • Options
    it's a 2-1 away win... 

• Options
    A point will do - a win would have us close to safety.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    JamesSeed said:
    If McGeady has been outstanding in training I wonder if he’ll start? He hasn’t featured for Sunderland for some time, but he may have been turning out for their U23s? 
    But either way, this is going to be nail biting. I fancy us to nick something from the game. 
    60 minutes for Williams, or before if the kickings get too much, and 30 minutes for McGeady. That way we can keep up the attacking momentum we lost when Williams went off against Barnsley.
  • Options
    1-1 for me. I'd take that. Need to take points off the teams around us, especially Luton at home. must win that one.
  • Options
    Be good if we can avoid defeat. 

Anymore than that would be truly wonderful.
  • Options
    1 spare needed for tomorrow if anyone has one!
  • Options
    2-1 LBs R&W Army...

Mcgeady & Pratley & a Pearce OG

cmon u Addicks...!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Would be happy with a point & having seen Derby pummel them 10 days ago I cant see why we couldnt come away with all 3 points.

However, Bowyer is naturally cautious & we will be lucky not to lose. Too defensive & will sit deep instead of attacking them. 

2-1 home win. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Bowyer was the opposite last season, but maybe his approached change with the injuries and the need for damage limitation. Hopefully with players coming back we will be less cautious. I think Wilder cited the caution as a major weakness of Championship managers although given our situation, I don't think Bowyer can be categorised as being over cautious. 
  • Options
    I can’t remember ever winning there in the last 40 years - have we ? 
  • Options
    Barness winner in 1998 promotion season. 
  • Options
    We never used to do very well at The Victoria Ground that's for sure. 
  • Options
    Tough nervy game ahead. They have stopped conceding soft goals but hopefully we are in the up aftet last week. A dogged 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

I like that Lockyer bet too, going to have a few combinations with a Charlton win this weekend.

Now 6/1 hope everyone is on
  • Options
    Gonna be a tight game, but I think with our new signings we can nick this. Addicks to win by the odd goal, and we edge closer to safety and HE's 2 year plan of PL football!! 
  • Options
    Sarr for Pearce, McGeady for Pratley.

2-0 to the rip roaring Addicks - Taylor and McGeady.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Now 6/1 hope everyone is on
    Sky bet currrently has Charlton to win and BTTS at 18-1 which seems crazy odds for two teams that both concede goals and seeing as we’re above them and on the turn.

In terms of the game. Bowyer will have mapped out both this and Forest together. Expect Pratley to not play both and I suspect Sarr and Pearce will rotate too.

We were outstanding against Forest with Sarr at the back so expect it to be Pearce tomorrow and Sarr on Tuesday. I expect Taylor to come off by 70 again in order to allow him minutes for Tuesday. I reckon we’ll see Aneke make the bench.

Think this one is made for a Bowyer victory. 2-1 to the Addicks.