Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke City v Charlton Athletic | Sat 08 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Excellent time to score. Away fans making noise.
    Butland hardly touched the ball that half until it was in the net
  • Options
    So was it an OG or a brilliant volley from Purrington?

Happy with a goal but would like to know who scored it 😂
  • Options
    Not quite sure how we have managed to come off level at half time. Up until the move for the goal we had been absolutely dreadful. Pearce is an accident waiting to happen again. 
  • Options
    How we are drawing this game I don’t know.

Great goal and what a ball into the box from Green!

Williams got fouled/pushed and I was initially screaming for a penalty until a brilliant finish from Purrington meant I was screaming for a goal 😂

Must do a lot better second half, but we are now firmly in this game and Bowyer can get a few important bits of information across.

Keep it tight first 15 minutes and we build.
  • Options
    Were we this bad before the injuries? I know we gave away a lot of possession, but when we did have the ball we moved it quiet well.

So far this has been some of the poorest football I've seen under Bowyer. Apart from a moment of class from Cullen and Green, it has not been pretty. 

However, still in the game and that's all that matters at the moment. 
  • Options
    HT: It's a Ben Purrington effort that sees the score level at half-time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good time to score.
  • Options
    We still need to change the formation, obv ;)

Davis walking a tightrope. Many different options.

I'd like to believe Purrington can put away a flying volley but looks like their guy did instead. Still, what a burst of pace and cross from Green, who looks like an amazing signing
  • Options
    I'll take that, very much against the run of play , but nice goal , reminiscent of his one in the playoff final.
  • Options
    Hopefully the timing of our goal will demoralise Stoke
  • Options
    I'll take that, very much against the run of play , but nice goal , reminiscent of his one in the playoff final.
    Similar to the one against Blackburn too?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Sage said:
    How we are drawing this game I don’t know.

Great goal and what a ball into the box from Green!

Williams got fouled/pushed and I was initially screaming for a penalty until a brilliant finish from Purrington meant I was screaming for a goal 😂

Must do a lot better second half, but we are now firmly in this game and Bowyer can get a few important bits of information across.

Keep it tight first 15 minutes and we build.
    Oh dear, did you have to say this  :)
    Sorry mate, I should’ve thought beforehand! Only because our record just after half time is horrific, I’m hoping it’s different this time :smile:
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Do we really need three defensive midfielders in the same 11?
    No. And I said before the game that the line up was too defensive. I dont know how managers get coaching badges......perhaps they give them out in party bags. 
    Yeah what a shit manager that Bowyer is.....
    I think old golfie is getting "football managers" mixed up with "financial advisors"
  • Options
    Fantastic passing for that goal. Great cross Matthews
    Green put the cross in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Three goals in Charlton red for Purrington now or is it four?

Must surely be one of our highest scoring Full-Backs since I've been attending? - Certainly in terms of goals to games

Yet he doesnt get beyond the halfway line is many an argument I've seen
  • Options
    Were we this bad before the injuries? I know we gave away a lot of possession, but when we did have the ball we moved it quiet well.

So far this has been some of the poorest football I've seen under Bowyer. Apart from a moment of class from Cullen and Green, it has not been pretty. 

However, still in the game and that's all that matters at the moment.
    I'm not sure if other teams figured us out, but it definitely felt like we were getting on the ball A LOT more in the first half of the season.

It's not just the injuries, although that obviously had an big impact on performance as well.
  • Options
    Not Purrington; a spectacular OG. 
  • Options
    Shape was all wrong to start with. Appalling defending for their goal. Passing has been terrible for the most part. Crossing even worse (where did this myth Matthews can cross a ball come from). But one bit of quality (great cross from Green - that’s how it’s done) and we’re bang in the game.

Bowyer needs to find at tactical master stroke at half time. But if it finishes like this I’ll take that all day long. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Chunes said:
    Do we really need three defensive midfielders in the same 11?
    No. And I said before the game that the line up was too defensive. I dont know how managers get coaching badges......perhaps they give them out in party bags. 
    Yeah what a shit manager that Bowyer is.....
    I think old golfie is getting "football managers" mixed up with "financial advisors"
    A financial adviser who thinks people shouldn't change jobs for more money.

• Options
    Garbage 1st half, would have been happy with 1-0. Down there with Wigan and Derby for poor away performances, a collective rubbish team effort. 

But we have a lifeline now, Bowyer needs to sort it out, as we can get something now
  • Options
    Grateful if anyone watching can say for definite what formation we are playing.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Three goals in Charlton red for Purrington now or is it four?

Must surely be one of our highest scoring Full-Backs since I've been attending? - Certainly in terms of goals to games

Yet he doesnt get beyond the halfway line is many an argument I've seen
    Depends how long you've been going. I remember Mark Reid taking four penalties in one match! (one re-take)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!