Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke City v Charlton Athletic | Sat 08 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    It’s a difficult one today because they seem quite physical, but the last thing we need is Davis getting sent off second half. Bringing on Field would be too defensive. Oztumer is too attacking when you have Williams as well. It would have to be Smith but we are yet to really see what he is like and doesn’t look the most physical player.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Three goals in Charlton red for Purrington now or is it four?

Must surely be one of our highest scoring Full-Backs since I've been attending? - Certainly in terms of goals to games

Yet he doesnt get beyond the halfway line is many an argument I've seen
    Depends how long you've been going. I remember Mark Red taking four penalties in one match! (one re-take)
    Dates back to 1994 for me
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    This is presumably the first and last time we play Davis and Pratley in the same midfield
    Leuth, you make some silly comments sometimes, but this takes the biscuit.

How many chances do you give your love child Naby? But you've given this midfield combo just 30 minutes before writing it off.
    To be fair to Leuth, I think we all, or mostly, saw Davis as a like-for-like with Pratley, not a partner.
  • Options
    Green had been rubbish all half then produces THAT cross!
  • Options
    Never a free kick, good tackle.

I'm sorry but I disagree - not sure what VP comms were watching. It was late and he didn't get any of the ball. Free kick and yellow card all day long IMO.
    At the match. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Must surely be one of our highest scoring Full-Backs since I've been attending? - Certainly in terms of goals to games

Depends how long you've been going. I remember Mark Red taking four penalties in one match! (one re-take)
    So you're ruling out the goal machine that is Chris Solly then?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Great goal.
    However they've played all the football and we played with the wind first half.....
  • Options
    Sage said:
    It’s a difficult one today because they seem quite physical, but the last thing we need is Davis getting sent off second half. Bringing on Field would be too defensive. Oztumer is too attacking when you have Williams as well. It would have to be Smith but we are yet to really see what he is like and doesn’t look the most physical player.
    Saw 4-2-3-1 suggested on Twitter, Doughty left, Green right and Williams behind Taylor. Wouldn’t mind seeing that, with Davis on a yellow he might be the one to bring off. Would give Taylor more support and Doughty’s pace would mean we still have an outlet down that side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Chunes said:
    Do we really need three defensive midfielders in the same 11?
    No. And I said before the game that the line up was too defensive. I dont know how managers get coaching badges......perhaps they give them out in party bags. 
    Yeah what a shit manager that Bowyer is.....
    I think old golfie is getting "football managers" mixed up with "financial advisors"
    I'll tell you one thing for nothing. It's a bloody lot harder to become financial advisor than it is a football manager. Cant tell you the amount of exams I've taken over the past 30 years.......and then there is 40 hours of CPD every year.
  • Options
    Bit disappointed that none of you young guys who understand new technology haven't done wonders with your TV/computer/stream etc and put the goal up yet :-)
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

So you're ruling out the goal machine that is Chris Solly then?
    ;-)
    Well seeing that the cheeky scamp is including his penalty shootout goals in his stats ;)
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    This is presumably the first and last time we play Davis and Pratley in the same midfield
    Leuth, you make some silly comments sometimes, but this takes the biscuit.

How many chances do you give your love child Naby? But you've given this midfield combo just 30 minutes before writing it off.
    To be fair to Leuth, I think we all, or mostly, saw Davis as a like-for-like with Pratley, not a partner.
    I certainly did. Never imagined them playing in the same team. I'd put Davis in Pratley's DM spot and sub Pratley off for a player at CM who can keep the ball.
  • Options
    Grateful if anyone watching can say for definite what formation we are playing.

4-3-3 for the majority of the half.

Expected back four. Pratley, Cullen, Davis across the midfield. Williams and Green out wide and Lyle through the middle.
  • Options
    Stoke have played through or around our midfield too easily, especially as we have 3 defensive midfielders. Fortunately Stoke had little end product apart from the goal, where Taylor lost his man.
    If we keep the same lineup second half we will stay under pressure. Doughty for Davis I would say, asap. We nee somebody who can carry the ball.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Chunes said:
    No. And I said before the game that the line up was too defensive. I dont know how managers get coaching badges......perhaps they give them out in party bags. 
    I think old golfie is getting "football managers" mixed up with "financial advisors"
    I'll tell you one thing for nothing. It's a bloody lot harder to become financial advisor than it is a football manager. Cant tell you the amount of exams I've taken over the past 30 years.......and then there is 40 hours of CPD every year.
    Think it through. It obviously isn't. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    If only we had that Gallagher bloke from Chelsea 
    Great shout.
  • Options
    Wayne Rooney's Derby (as they have been renamed) 1-0 up at Swansea
  • Options
    Am I alone in thinking that Davis was one of our beter players in that pretty dreadful half of football?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Doughty for Davis
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Bringing on Field would be a like-for-like but with a player who hasn't been booked and can pass it around nicely. Bringing on Hemed would allow us to put more pressure on their defence and allow Taylor a partner. Bringing on Sarr would mean going 5-3-2 which worked last time. Bringing on Doughty would give us a pacy outlet. Bringing on Oztumer...would make less sense, ditto Amos, but there are five ways we could sub off Davis and have it make sense
  • Options
    edited February 2020

I'm sorry but I disagree - not sure what VP comms were watching. It was late and he didn't get any of the ball. Free kick and yellow card all day long IMO.
    At the match. 
    I’m fairly sure you will change your mind if you see it again. I think it was a yellow because it was the 2nd time he clattered someone.
  • Options

At the match. 

It looked like a decent tackle until you see a slow mo replay. He was a split second late and crunched into their man's ankle.
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half. 45 minutes ahead of us....let's go! #cafc
  • Options
    46' The second half is under way... #scfc 1 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Yeah let’s see now, number of Championship or higher football managers across the world vs number of financial advisers....
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Chunes said:
    It might be harder now, but not so long back more or less anyone could do it - pre RDR.

Was well known for being full of cowboys - like the **** that sold me my shite endowment mortgage and got his nice fee and ongoing trail commission for 10 years .....
  • Options
    2-1 Sage, I warned you
  • Options
    Ffs how many times do we want to concede 1 minute after half time.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!