Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn | Sat 15 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    ads said:
    Jason Pearce is not up to this level pass it on
    He's a total liability
    Someone said a few weeks ago that when he plays we sit too deep because he has no pace . Good battler but get him off. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    People with short memories booing the ref, clearly forgetting his remarkable decision not to award a penalty and send Pearce off then?
    Pearce was fouled pretty clearly. He got that right. 
    I've seen 4 replays and i'm convinced it was a stonewall penalty
    Seen the replay a few times and it was a penalty for me. Pearce done by the wind, and then dragged their player down. 
  • Options
    Can someone send me a link to the game, cos I'm obviously watching a completely different one to everyone else. So many saying take Pearce off, but he's been the best of our 3 CB's out there. Without him, it could've been more than 2-0
  • Options
    Who cares if bad ref decisions still gotta defend better than that. They are coping better with conditions. Don't see what Davis offers. More goals in this game.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    stonemuse said:
    People with short memories booing the ref, clearly forgetting his remarkable decision not to award a penalty and send Pearce off then?
    Isn’t this a “double jeopardy” case where it would only have been a booking? I thought if a penalty is given, you only got a red if it was dangerous play? If the ref gave a pen there, Pearce would only get a yellow for being last man, surely?
  • Options
    Let's hope that we've learned our lessons and don't concede early when we restart in the 2nd half , that would really fuck us.
  • Options
    McGeady should be subbed for his 'effort' on blocking that second goal alone. It looked like a hungover Sunday league player who'd done enough running for the day.
  • Options
    So glad I didn’t go. Ditch that football for a fiver bollocks.
  • Options
    Football for a feckin fiver 🥳🥳🥳
    Getting value for money.....
  • Options
    Pearce was clearly fouled before he dragged the bloke down for the "penalty". Huge shove in the back. CAFC Twitter already said replays proved the ref got it right.
    Pearce's legs were clipped form behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like Smith coming on
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Pearce was clearly fouled before he dragged the bloke down for the "penalty". Huge shove in the back. CAFC Twitter already said replays proved the ref got it right.
    Pearce's legs were clipped form behind.
    My angle from the East Stand looked like he was shoved.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    1StevieG said:

Matching up formations? Would mean Sarr at left back and Doughty left wing unless there's a second sub. Smith, Davis, Cullen in the middle.
  • Options
    Started well & actually had a couple of shots but then reverted to type. Defenders all over the place & midfield gone missing. Cullen & Davis too similar & to defensive....no forward momentum to their play at all. 

Need to get players who run with the ball and attack their players, otherwise this game is lost.

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Isn’t this a “double jeopardy” case where it would only have been a booking? I thought if a penalty is given, you only got a red if it was dangerous play? If the ref gave a pen there, Pearce would only get a yellow for being last man, surely?

I didn't see a penalty. Thought the ref got it spot on. Pearce was knocked off balance, then their player ran in front of him as he was falling
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Hope he's brought his sonic screwdriver!
  • Options
    Doughty has been blowing out of his arse most of the game. Can’t have Hemed, I don’t know what he offers (will probably have a stormer in the 2nd half). 
    We look so weak at the back, it’s like they’ve never played together. 
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Chunes said:
    The combination of these commentators and the constantly freezing stream is gonna send me in a rage in a minute
    You using a VPN? Stream is fine for me. 
    I’ve got 247mb download and 214 upload speeds and it’s unwatchable. 
    What browser you using? I’ve been watching through Chrome. 
    Yeah Chrome. Got a feeling it may have improved since the commentary came back. If not, I’m off to bed.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Defenders all over the place again, not doing the basics, but the ball is coming at them over and over again. No attacking shape or ideas, play breaks down when it reaches the wing-backs every time. Other than the first 5 minutes, it's basically been Stoke away, at home. 
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half....let's step it up, lads! #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Chunes said:
    The combination of these commentators and the constantly freezing stream is gonna send me in a rage in a minute
    Yeah Chrome. Got a feeling it may have improved since the commentary came back. If not, I’m off to bed.
    I'll join you. Unwatchable.  The stream and the game. 
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Chunes said:
    Try switching browser if you can. Seems to have improved for me since I switched to Safari. 
  • Options
    Important 45 ahead in this game and the others in the mire
  • Options
    Sub at the break | Jason Pearce makes way for Matt Smith. #cafc 0 #rovers 2
  • Options
    Smith on for Pearce
  • Options
    46' The second half is off and under way.... #cafc 0 #rovers 2
  • Options
    Questions already being asked about ESI and the transfer window. Smith needs to show he has got enough to make a positive difference to what we already had - big 45 mins for him
  • Options
    Matt Smith ?
  • Options

46' An early effort for Smith as the ball drops to him on the edge of the box. His volley deflects towards goal for the keeper to collect. #cafc 0 #rovers 2

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!