Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Luton Sat 22 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Three crucial points! 

After struggling to get to grips with the game in the first half, we were much better in the second. Taslimanic Taylor kept us in it. When Lapslie came on, we seemed to come out the better in scraps through the midfield and that made the difference. Nice that young George was able to claim a goal. Thought Bonne made a nice cameo and did brilliant to set up Lapslie's goal.

Over to you.

Comments

• Just shows the benefits of having men out wide! 
    Gives cover to the full backs but also provides a positive force going forward...

lapslie played very very well, and dare I say it should start next game! 
    Davis finished the game looking very solid at the base of the ‘41212’ 
  • The less said about Oshilaja the better. 
  • that was a vital win with stoke, wigan and barnsley all winning
  • Thanks all for the match thread. Not comfortable at all until that third goal went in. A weekend to enjoy now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Massive 3 points. Lapslie came on and his energy was infectious! Gave Davis stick at half time but fair play to him for his second half, a rock for the last 49 minutes. Won't see a better goal in terms of technique than Lyle's first, incredible take down and shot. All things considered, a comfortable win and a great defensive showing in the second half. Huddersfield, Middlesbrough , and Hull all lose. Wigan, Stoke, and Barnsley all win. Exciting day down at the bottom! Shame Millwall couldn't do us a favor.......................

Great win! on To Wednesday against Wednesday!
  • Huge 3 points 
  • Great result. Felt so stressed following the thread only checking at half-time, just as the penalty went in and full-time. Thanks fuck for that. Bows and the boys are going to bring it home. Why is it that football can make or break a weekend. So looking forward to Hillsboro on Wednesday. COYR. 
  • I said before the game I didn't want Lapslie coming on except as direct cover for a defensive midfielder - and that is how it proved! He was rushed on as Oshi was having a crapness emergency - I don't think it would have happened otherwise - and he offered much more - after all, he is a midfielder. Bowyer likes players with lots of energy and he certainly has that! In the absence of others he can certainly play that role - whether he can keep his place remains to be seen 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good day to win. Never expected a classic. If you thought LB got it wrong at any stage in the game, it explains why he manages a professional club from the Championship and I (and you) don’t. Of course, it could have panned out differently but results are results. Relieved.
  • Hold my hands up, when I saw Lapslie coming on I thought shit that's negative but he changed the game. 
  • edited February 2020
    18th, 5 Points Clear. The plummet continues.

Wigan are the side that'll survive, at the cost of who though.

Lapslie doing the Gallagher work today. Fantastic shift.
  • Lapslie sub changed the game for us, crucial 3 points, onto the next one! 
  • now...where's the person who was giving Lapslie grief before the game kicked off!!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Huddersfield is my bet.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Have seriously gotten their shit together the last month or so
  • Leuth said:
    Talal said:
    Hold my hands up, when I saw Lapslie coming on I thought shit that's negative but he changed the game. 
    If he'd been coming on for a forward or Oztumer then yes but we plainly needed a midfielder - any midfielder - to replace Deji
    You were pretty scathing of his substitute appearances before the game, maybe you could "hold your hands up" too.