Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Upper Bottle Throwing Muppet

Comments

• Options
    Was it a flare or a smoke bomb......two very different things?
    Both have no place at a football match
    I stand corrected you are right it was a smoke bomb. However you also correct both are unacceptable 
  • Options
    Also both classed as afray in court
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    shine166 said:
    Both smoke 
    They should have been in the loos then
    Haha ! The smoking Bogs were guarded by 2 stewards 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    shine166 said:
    Both smoke 
    They should have been in the loos then
    Haha ! The smoking Bogs were guarded by 2 stewards 
  • Options
    Was there a smoke bomb in the west/NW upper today? Either that or we were seeing/smelling things
    Lyle certainly was on 🔥 
  • Options
    Was there a smoke bomb in the west/NW upper today? Either that or we were seeing/smelling things
    Lyle certainly was on 🔥 
    You can say that again...😉
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Where are we getting these knobs from
    Chucking a bottle into your own fans
    Needs a good hiding 
    I’ve been back lately after Roland and it seems that our fan base is changing rapidly. Maybe it’s just a ‘new guard’ growing up and moving in but Jesus some of our fans are absolutely vile. I said some. Absolutely no respect for fellow supporters of the same team. Yesterday’s episode included some muppet a few rows down from us just behind bowyer shouting ‘sit down fu¥$ing idiots’ when people stood up for the penalty. 
    Have to agree with this, seems to be a growing number of idiots following the team now. Guy sitting near me said some borderline racist comments during the game about our own players. 

I have to say though I don't think this is a problem only for us. There does seem to be a rise in popularity for a certain type of person and going to football again. It's probably an interesting discussion to have for another time though. 
    What did the guy say
    Called Oshilaja a "black c***“ and said something along the lines of Oztumer should go back to his kebab shop. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    colthe3rd said: absolutely
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Needs a good hiding 
    I’ve been back lately after Roland and it seems that our fan base is changing rapidly. Maybe it’s just a ‘new guard’ growing up and moving in but Jesus some of our fans are absolutely vile. I said some. Absolutely no respect for fellow supporters of the same team. Yesterday’s episode included some muppet a few rows down from us just behind bowyer shouting ‘sit down fu¥$ing idiots’ when people stood up for the penalty. 
    Have to agree with this, seems to be a growing number of idiots following the team now. Guy sitting near me said some borderline racist comments during the game about our own players. 

I have to say though I don't think this is a problem only for us. There does seem to be a rise in popularity for a certain type of person and going to football again. It's probably an interesting discussion to have for another time though. 
    What did the guy say
    Called Oshilaja a "black c***“ and said something along the lines of Oztumer should go back to his kebab shop. 
    Nothing borderline about either
    Well I guess if we're being technical the second could be seen as xenophobic but I'd agree with you. I just didn't want to get into another argument on here about the nuances of what can and can't be a racist comment. Whatever label you put on it I think we can all agree it is disgusting and towards our own players as well just baffling. 
    Absolutely
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Needs a good hiding 

What did the guy say
    FFS I thought we’d left that back in the 80s. 
    How do you deal with this sort of comment though? Saying nothing feels like ‘accepting’ it. Challenging it..... hmmm.. I know I’d be too worried about the reaction to do it :(
    Yeah have to admit I feel a bit of shame for not saying something but then like you say I was worried about the reaction as I was on my own and he had 3 or 4 mates with him. I guess I could have said something to a steward but not sure they can throw someone out just on something someone else has told them and it's not like they can watch them the whole game just in case they say something else. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Needs a good hiding 

What did the guy say
    How do you deal with this sort of comment though? Saying nothing feels like ‘accepting’ it. Challenging it..... hmmm.. I know I’d be too worried about the reaction to do it :(
    Yeah have to admit I feel a bit of shame for not saying something but then like you say I was worried about the reaction as I was on my own and he had 3 or 4 mates with him. I guess I could have said something to a steward but not sure they can throw someone out just on something someone else has told them and it's not like they can watch them the whole game just in case they say something else. 
    Dont think you can reproach yourself in those circumstances. At best you'll likely get a shedload of abuse from the pinhead and his mates.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Needs a good hiding 

What did the guy say
    Any reason you shouldn't note the seat number and report it to the club?
    And if this reply elicits the response from anyone that it's grassing, then you're part of the problem.

Spot on 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I visited the gents around that time and the stewards had some youngster of about 18 restrained at the top of the steps that lead to the fans bar. He was pretty mouthy and aggressive. Must have been him?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Needs a good hiding 

What did the guy say
    FFS I thought we’d left that back in the 80s
    It’s on its way back isn’t it. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Needs a good hiding 

What did the guy say
    You’re right, I’m sure the stewards wouldn’t do anything on the say so of one person. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brian Cole said at least 3 times that there is a zero tolerance policy on any anti social behaviour so if the row, seat number is written down and given to the club I'm pretty sure they will do something about it.

Didn't there used to be a number you could text the block, row and seat number during the game to report and racial/offensive behaviour?
  • Options
    Does the club provide a text number for reporting stuff like this? Here in Boston all the teams announce one so you can report behavior without you risking reprisals from the perpetrators. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Kick it out has a reporting form. 'Report it' link can be found at
    https://www.kickitout.org/

They say their role is to 'raise the complaint with the club, governing body or legal authority concerned and monitor the case to ensure appropriate action is taken.' So that seems a good way to go.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Just copied this from the club's website, policies section.
    REPORTING AN INCIDENT
    If you hear or see any racist abuse at The Valley, then you can report this in a number of ways. You can contact your nearest steward in confidence at the time of the incident, or should you wish, you can contact the club to report an incident via email: fans@cafc.co.uk. Alternatively, you may contact Kick It Out on 0800 169 9414 or email info@kickitout.org.

I think a number to text would be a great additional resource and provide the anonymity which speaking to a steward might not.

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    REPORTING AN INCIDENT
    If you hear or see any racist abuse at The Valley, then you can report this in a number of ways. You can contact your nearest steward in confidence at the time of the incident, or should you wish, you can contact the club to report an incident via email: fans@cafc.co.uk. Alternatively, you may contact Kick It Out on 0800 169 9414 or email info@kickitout.org.

I think a number to text would be a great additional resource and provide the anonymity which speaking to a steward might not.

It seems like a truly sensible suggestion to take to the club at a fans forum 
  • Options
    Like @Chef_addick I also seem to remember a phone number that people could use at the ground.

thing is with say that text number where you can report any anti social behavior, you know full well morons will use it to wind up their mates or others will use it on anyone they don't like or agree with.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Are you meant to ask the nob head his seat number just in case he‘s moved around? (I don’t always sit in my allocated seat). 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    REPORTING AN INCIDENT

It seems like a truly sensible suggestion to take to the club at a fans forum 
    Or via CAST?