Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 26 Feb | Match Preview, Prediction, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Blucher said:

On the 10:02 train to Sheffield with a few familiar faces, although I expect they’re in the posh seats (as you can see, posting and aligning photos is not my strongest suit).

First stop, ‘The Sheffield Tap’ on Platform 1B
    I assume you don't mean the players' first stop will be The Sheffield Tap!
    Blucher said:

On the 10:02 train to Sheffield with a few familiar faces, although I expect they’re in the posh seats (as you can see, posting and aligning photos is not my strongest suit).

First stop, ‘The Sheffield Tap’ on Platform 1B
    I assume you don't mean the players' first stop will be The Sheffield Tap!

I sincerely hope not - even Cloughy didn’t allow his players a drink 8 hours before kick-off
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Garrymanilow said: Probably a comfortable 2-0 loss, this place pops off talking about how uesless we are and how the previous match was a false dawn.

We then beat Huddersfield resulting in a reverse meltdown (a meltup?) where Callum calmly tells everyone we're actually not terrible after all and others seethe in the background waiting for the opportunity to remind everyone we're actually terrible, which will present itself after the next game. Continue this way forever.
    And if we only do that ...... lose one, win one for the rest of our games this season, we comfortably stay up.

We would, but can you imagine the state of this place if that's how we did it? Plus, even in a fictional sequence of results we'd still bloody lose to Millwall.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Garrymanilow said: Probably a comfortable 2-0 loss, this place pops off talking about how uesless we are and how the previous match was a false dawn.

We then beat Huddersfield resulting in a reverse meltdown (a meltup?) where Callum calmly tells everyone we're actually not terrible after all and others seethe in the background waiting for the opportunity to remind everyone we're actually terrible, which will present itself after the next game. Continue this way forever.
    And if we only do that ...... lose one, win one for the rest of our games this season, we comfortably stay up.

We would, but can you imagine the state of this place if that's how we did it? Plus, even in a fictional sequence of results we'd still bloody lose to Millwall.
    Does the Millwall match fit neatly into the WLWLWLWLW sequence then? 

Otherwise we're going to BEAT them! :smile:

• Options
    Just had a look at Owls Talk and this picture is on their match preview.

Have you ever seen anyone more calm/dismissive under attack than Dills? Love it!

imagepng4236e476cc24eeb397f5600cbc4479fepng  
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    bobmunro said:
    Just had a look at Owls Talk and this picture is on their match preview.

Have you ever seen anyone more calm/dismissive under attack than Dills? Love it!

imagepng4236e476cc24eeb397f5600cbc4479fepng  
    What'ya mean my bum looks big in these shorts, you soft sovern shite?
  • Options
    Fletcher's about to burst a blood vessel in that pic.

Even Paolo di Cainio never quite lost the plot as badly as that!
  • Options
    That moment made me laugh earlier this season. Well done mate, you scored against our kids.
  • Options

Important note for train travellers. It looks like the last connecting train from Sheffield to Doncaster tonight at 22:11 has been cancelled due to “more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time”

Please check this when you arrive at Sheffield Station.
  • Options
    It looks photoshopped but isn't. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Thank you, that was making me nauseous.  
  • Options
    2-1 Wednesday
  • Options
    Feeling confident tonight. Feel like we are going to tuck this lot away.
  • Options
    I've a good feeling today, thinking 2-0, but i'd take a point.
  • Options
    last victory at Hillsborough in 2014 according to CAFC tweet I got, Sordell hat-trick. What year did Jacko score with a free kick and we won then?
  • Options

I am quietly confident.  Hoping my sheets are nice and dry by tomorrow morning.

0-2 to the Addicks

• Options
    last victory at Hillsborough in 2014 according to CAFC tweet I got, Sordell hat-trick. What year did Jacko score with a free kick and we won then?

During our promotion season under Powell wasn't it?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Does the Millwall match fit neatly into the WLWLWLWLW sequence then? 

Otherwise we're going to BEAT them! :smile:

It does sadly. But don't worry, either side of that we'll beat Cardiff and Brentford away and still have two wins left to celebrate, so I'm sure we'll get over it.
  • Options
    January 14th 2012.

Great day that was. 7 days later Jacko done it again but against Sheffield United instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sheffield win
    Lockyer last goal 
    364/1
  • Options
    Momentum is everything in this league - as we saw early season. Games come thick and fast. 

Win this and we build confidence. COYR
  • Options
    Hopefully we can build on the win from Saturday. Wednesday are in poor form but it seems players are coming back. Forest apart our away form is poor. Might just sneak a point 1-1.
  • Options
    According to the little ribbon on Sky Sports news our game is on the red button from 1940. Thought that was only for the Tuesday night games.
  • Options
    3 at the back.......
  • Options
    Glad to see Bonne starting but a big burden on Oz as the only creative mid. Looks like we will be relying on Alfie’s pace as our main weapon. And no Naby?
  • Options
    According to the little ribbon on Sky Sports news our game is on the red button from 1940. Thought that was only for the Tuesday night games.
    Please see the original post of this illustrious thread.