Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Les Turner seriously ill (ed. RIP Les, Feb 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Sad sad news re Les, I knew him well, he drove Katherine Jenkins and Amanda Holden around for a long time. Condolences to the family R.I P Les
  • Options
    This has just bought a tear to my eye, when we first started going away games Les was always on the coach, RIP Les, Dan thinking of you and all the family mate xx
    Same for me. I remember him from travelling away in late eighties to early nineties.

Just to clarify: is Les afka's father? If so, I didn't know that, and my sincere condolences to Danny.

In any case: RIP Les in a Charlton heaven where we are doing a Liverpool every season.
  • Options
    SO sorry to hear this sad news.

I spoke with Les as we exited the ground at QPR, and he told me about the party the family had organised for him around that time. He was "made up" that this had been done for him & I'm sure that relatively recent event will bring happy memories to those he loved the best.

Sleep tight, dear Les. 
  • Options
    This has just bought a tear to my eye, when we first started going away games Les was always on the coach, RIP Les, Dan thinking of you and all the family mate xx
    Same for me. I remember him from travelling away in late eighties to early nineties.

Just to clarify: is Les afka's father? If so, I didn't know that, and my sincere condolences to Danny.

In any case: RIP Les in a Charlton heaven where we are doing a Liverpool every season.
    No, you have the wrong Danny.
  • Options

No, you have the wrong Danny.
    Les is/was Elthamaddick's dad, who is also named Danny.
    RIP Les and the very best wishes to all of his family & friends.
  • Options
    RIP.  The Addicks ALWAYS win in heaven.
  • Options
    RIP Les, condolences to family and friends.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your news, Elthamaddick. At least it was a peaceful ending for your dad.

Hope you, your family and friends are ok. Look after yourself.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Sorry for your loss. RIP.
  • Options
    Gutted to hear this ..my sincerest condolences @Elthamaddick and your family 
  • Options
    Just reading this for the very first time today. Words can't express how I feel at the moment. Les was such a lovely lovely guy whom I first met when I worked in the DHSS. I used to speak to him a lot at work or bump into him at games. He is one of the "old" school that I knew from following Charlton in the mid to late eighties. Sad to see Jim, Ron and now Les pass. He was a very friendly and approachable guy who loved Charlton through. I want to pass on my condolences to his family. I am gutted.  
  • Options
    RIP Les
  • Options
    My thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time @Elthamaddick
  • Options
    RIP Les... as someone who has attended many an away game over the years, I am sure I would recognise him... God bless you. 
  • Options
    Very sad news . RIP Les Turner a good man.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited February 2020
    RIP Les. Very sad.
  • Options
    RIP Les... as someone who has attended many an away game over the years, I am sure I would recognise him... God bless you. 
    There are a couple of photos of him on page 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Such sad news. Les was such a kind hearted man. I would always have quick chat to him before the home games and he always bought me a programme if I attended away games. Sincere condolences to Les’s family. RIP Les.
  • Options

Big hug sent to you and your family @Elthamaddick.

RIP Les

• Options
    RIP Les and thoughts with his family and friends.
  • Options
    RIP Les 
  • Options
    RIP Les.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this. RIP Les
  • Options
    Sincere condolences to you and your family @Elthamaddick.
    RIP fellow Addick
  • Options
    RIP Les, proper Charlton and was always there when I started going away on the coaches.

Am I right in saying he was involved with managing The Nolans at some point?
  • Options
    RIP