Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Les Turner seriously ill (ed. RIP Les, Feb 2020)

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    redeye said:
    I've attached (I hope) the programme photo as requested. Don't know how many years this went on for but 5 &6 a-side were very popular in the sixties and seventies.

Great stuff
  • Options
    Happy birthday Les
  • Options
    Inspired by the extensive collection of Les, my old man wants to share  his clippings re: the White City tournament 

“Thought you might like to see how ' The Mercury ' covered the
    White City  five a side's back in the sixties.”

1968:- Winners 🏆 

1969:- Runners  up. 

• Options
    Thanks @cabbles dad

I'm reading that as we lost in the semi final in 1969?
  • Options
    Thanks @cabbles dad

I'm reading that as we lost in the semi final in 1969?
    Yes, he’s literally just text me to correct himself.  If he’s going to contribute he needs to learn to get his facts right 
  • Options
    Going to tweet these if OK?

What's his name and is he/are you on twitter?
  • Options
    Of course mate.  He doesn’t even have a smart phone which means I’m his medium of communication in all things digital.  Peter Sullivan 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers, I remember meeting him but forgot his name
  • Options
    Cheers, I remember meeting him but forgot his name
    No probs :-) 
  • Options
    I always remember him with fond memories having worked with him when I used to work in the DHSS.  At the time I didn't know he knew my best mate Marc through Charlton.  As I type this this I  have sadness and tears in my eyes.  Ironically I bumped into a 3rd person that used to work with him, a guy called Neil whom I hadn't seen for ages until last FAC cup game at home?  Les was such a nice gentleman. You could have meet a kinder fella.  He was a pleasure to know him, and miss him greatly. 
  • Options
    Happy 75th Dad - scattering his ashes at The Valley this afternoon - big thanks to Matt Baker for arranging this.
    Scattered my Dad’s ashes at The Valley in August 2019 - it’s a special place the Memorial Garden - your Father will forever be watching the Addicks trials and tribulations