Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Todorov and Weaver have signed

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Both have now signed for charlton.

Comments

• Options
    Weaver???????

Source?
  • Options
    Sky sports news
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    That is not funny.

......... is a w&nk#r..

Was very funny!

This isn't
  • Options
    so thats who dan meant in his mysterious comment.

weird signing for mr weaver. he must be desparate for work.
  • Options
    i'm sure the club leaked a rumour about jody morris signing just to make the Weaver signing a bit more easy to take!
  • Options
    Nicky f****** Weaver? Wow, we are slipping.
  • Options
    Doomed!!
  • Options
    cafc.co.uk
    Charlton pounced to snap up Bulgaria international striker Svetoslav Todorov and goalkeeper Nicky Weaver on free transfers on Wednesday, the duo becoming Alan Pardew's seventh and eighth signings of the summer.

The pair both spent last season playing in the Premiership; Todorov with Portsmouth and also on loan with Wigan Athletic, and Weaver with Manchester City.

And Addicks manager Alan Pardew hailed the double capture as a fantastic bit of business for the club as Charlton prepare for a promotion bid.

"They are two great Bosman signings for Charlton,” said a delighted Pardew. "They are two proven Premiership players who are now Championship players.
  • Options
    I just checked, its not April 1st.
  • Options
    Weaver!! Cannot stand him. I assume he's going to be first choice? Don't think i can bring myself to sing his name week in week out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weaver - that is funny.

He took the abuse in good humour last time, so I have nothing against him.
    He's a Bosman and gives Randolph a fighting chance too.
  • Options
    Jesus that is a shit signing.

No way will I be able to restrain myself if that fat c*** makes a ricket - and I don't think I'll be alone in that either. 15000 others will probably join in... our memories aren't that short
  • Options
    Weaver is amusing, he obviously does not have a long memory or thought it was all funny. As long as he works hard and slims down a bit I can hear Weaver/Weaver whats the score....Todorov been around a while has he actually ever done the business?
  • Options
    i think these are two ok deals. weaver may be unpopular but he'll do ok in ccc and toddy is only a year. as well as this we're still in for eastwood so everything is looking rosy!!
  • Options
    I guess we still need a midfield though.
  • Options
    even if we sign eastwood we've only spent just over £5 mill and with a few sales there is still a few more deals to be done! i can see us swapping danns for bent which is a loss in one way but not in several others!
  • Options
    Nicky Weaver?

Nicky Weaver?

Cant believe he wanted to sign for us, he couldnt have got any more abuse at Old Trafford

Nicky Weaver?

This has season ticket sent back in disgust potential :)

Joking aside, if Weaver is gonna be our first choice keeper then bugger. I just dont think he is any good.

Would honestly rather resign Deano.
  • Options
    remember weaver played a hell of a lot of games for city last season. Got to say that if he is prepared to forget all the ribbing and can take it on the chins then he'll get the usual warm charlton welcome . If he drops a clanger I'm gonna ruin him.

Todorov was quality when pompey came up but that was 4 years ago and he's had a bad injusy since so the jury's still out.
  • Options
    Was an arrogant little shit who we had some fun with, before his injuries he had the potential to be a top keeper although it leaves a bad taste this has the potential to be Pardew's best signing so far
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]remember weaver played a hell of a lot of games for city last season. Got to say that if he is prepared to forget all the ribbing and can take it on the chins then he'll get the usual warm charlton welcome . If he drops a clanger I'm gonna ruin him.

Todorov was quality when pompey came up but that was 4 years ago and he's had a bad injusy since so the jury's still out.
    LOL - 'take it on the chins'. Like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Was an arrogant little shit who we had some fun with, before his injuries he had the potential to be a top keeper although it leaves a bad taste this has the potential to be Pardew's best signing so far

Having said that he was not too special the season after they came up with us in either of our two games
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Was an arrogant little shit who we had some fun with, before his injuries he had the potential to be a top keeper although it leaves a bad taste this has the potential to be Pardew's best signing so far

Ok- i've calmed down- you may be right and i hope he is.

20% chance he'll come good me reckons- good test of Pard's man-management.

One thing though- lets hope he has a good first game.
  • Options
    Mr. Irving mentioned Weaver coming two days ago. any more clues Henry?
  • Options
    Weaver did keep Isaksson out of the Man City team for most of last year, and Isaksson was one of the best goalkeepers in last years world cup. I also remember him making a string of good saves at home to us last year.

(Can't believe I've just written a post defending Nicky Weaver - I need to lay down)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    it's like the thatcher signing in some ways, he's one of ours now and we have to back him.
  • Options
    i agree with the "he took the ribbing well" crew. I like that and he had the potential to become a top class keeper and hopefully Pards will get the best out of him.

decent buy in my opinion and has done nothing that bad to offend CAFC surely?
  • Options
    Let's hope he doesn't start dribbling the ball in his own penalty area?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Let's hope he doesn't start dribbling the ball in his own penalty area?
    Everyone does it but obviosuly we took it to heart a little bit more than usual then.

it would be funny if he done it while playing for us and we started the chant up again - i reckon he would think it was funny!
  • Options
    Welcome to the family fat boy and Todorov An ok signing I think we are finanically in the doo doo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]I think we are finanically in the doo doo
    For charlton maybe, in the world of football - no way.