Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Todorov and Weaver have signed

Comments

• Options
    The only positive I can take from this & hubby was the one who actually said it.

Weaver.................must have always been secretly an Addick................I mean, just how many goals did he let us score against him!!!!!! Maybe it was all part of a cunning plan.

OK.............I'll put down the straws (eye's raising to the sky smiley thing).

We can't possibly let Diawara go now.....................PLEASE ALAN NO!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Nicky Weaver was extremely well thought of during his early career at Citeh. He lost form and fell out of favour. He recently came back into favour. If he plays to his potential, he's an asset.

I don't care if we hated him and spend time winding him up. He's a Charlton player now and if he performs well for us, all that crap will be forgotten.

Todorov fit could be a great signing.
  • Options
    Sorry Bing.
    I can personally say I have never seen him have a good game.
    I do hope I will be eating bucket loads of humble come the end of the campaign & you can be the first to remind me ;-)
  • Options
    can't believe Weaver is only 28.....
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    what 28 stone?
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    lol
  • Options
    We are staying down, say We are staying down!

I think the Weaver signing is hilarious.

This season is gonna go one of two ways.

Runaway winners of the league or complete and utter disaster!

At least it's not going to be boring.

*prays*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]can't believe Weaver is only 28.....

This is the point I was trying to make. He was a kid when he first broke into the Citeh team under Royle. Like dear old Merv, he was hailed at the time as a future England 'keeper. He lost form and fell out of favour. He has re-built his career again at Citeh. He's still only 28 which is young for a 'keeper. People forget that 'keepers always improve with age. Experience counts greatly with them. He wouldn't be my first choice but he ain't a bad signing. We'll all just have to be mature and accept that a former butt of the crowd now plays for us. Personally I hated Ben Thatcher before joined us and despised his thuggish behaviour. I grew to like him once he was "one of us". It'll be the same with Weaver provided he does the business on the pitch.
  • Options
    Bing, absolutely.
  • Options
    never been a fan but he's a more than capable keeper and I'm prepared to give him a chance. Let's face it he'll make the occasional mistake, all keepers do, but we shouldn't get on his back if he does. That would spell disaster.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]Weaver did keep Isaksson out of the Man City team for most of last year, and Isaksson was one of the best goalkeepers in last years world cup. I also remember him making a string of good saves at home to us last year.

(Can't believe I've just written a post defending Nicky Weaver - I need to lay down)

Sorry.. why didn't we sign Isaksson then? (I am so p*ssed off...)
  • Options
    Isakkson turned us down last season so as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't want him anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Bing, absolutely.

Yeah, like Thatcher did the business on the pitch at Blackburn. I find it difficult to believe people change their spots.
  • Options
    C'mon, on the whole Thatcher did great after he joined us. Okay he was sent off at Blackburn and he may be sent off again sometime but he's not gone over the top or done anything disgraceful.
  • Options
    Large, you know me. I'm CAFC through and through. But can't help it, I'm not feeling over-optimistic right now. Hope Pards and stuff prove me wrong.
  • Options
    Trust in Pards? Yes, I definitely do but I cannot believe we have signed Weaver. He took the p@ss out of us and we gave it back in droves. Weaver knows exactly how we feel so must have been desperate to sign.
    I hope he proves me wrong and that we can accept him, but you just know that if he has a couple of bad games, the entire ground will go against him which is not exactly going to help morale!

Because of his history he will have to perform consistently well at a high level right from the off.

I don't like this transfer!!!
  • Options
    Quit with the hissy fit hysterics over Weaver FFS - the fella is a bloody good keeper regardless of your opinions over something he allegedly did 6 years ago.

Bloody hell ---

As for Todorov 33 goals in 50 odd appearances for Pompey.

Well done Pards.
  • Options
    Pards is proving a good businessman though - another 2 free transfers.

Dowie would fo spent 12 mil on old rope by now!

I think its quite refreshing for a change - its early July and we have signed 8 players - also due to relegation finally clearly out our dead wood *cough Frisbie*Good mix of young internationals and more experienced players as well.

If we can grab a couple of star signings with Bent dosh and a couple more solid players we will have a very exciting season to look forward to.

As for Weaver - if hes Shite in first few games Randolph will get a bash anyway - who said he is first choice? He might be the U16's GK coach!! Hell no!
  • Options
    Is any of the LEeds team worth poaching?

They need to Sell to stay afloat - maybe buy 2, get the 3rd free? That is, if they have 3 good players in the team!

I still think we should look at fringe players in prem teams - we don't need to be signing all this low divisions players. Although Ican see the flip side - will be £££ and hard to attract...

Chins up lads and lasses
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Quit with the hissy fit hysterics over Weaver FFS - the fella is a bloody good keeper regardless of your opinions over something he allegedly did 6 years ago.

Bloody hell ---

You're missing my point .. or maybe I didn't make it clearly enough. My concern is that he will have to perform that much better than most new players in order to gain acceptance from certain sections of the crowd. If this does not happen and the mood of the crowd shifts, then the morale of the whole team can be affected ... and this is what I don't want to see happen. I will never accept booing of Charlton players whilst they are on the field .. but some do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll say one thing about Weaver, he's got some balls signing for us.

Which sounds great, but unfortunately the last one i said that about was Dowie.........
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    To be fair to Weaver he's clearly got talent. Dowie clearly hasn't. People have been banging on about wanting an "experienced" keeper as Randolph is not tried and tested. We have that and still not happy just because he played up to the crowd a few years ago BIG DEAL. People forget he on the verge of the England squad before he got injured a few years ago as well.

[cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Quit with the hissy fit hysterics over Weaver FFS - the fella is a bloody good keeper regardless of your opinions over something he allegedly did 6 years ago.

Bloody hell ---

You're missing my point .. or maybe I didn't make it clearly enough. My concern is that he will have to perform that much better than most new players in order to gain acceptance from certain sections of the crowd. If this does not happen and the mood of the crowd shifts, then the morale of the whole team can be affected ... and this is what I don't want to see happen. I will never accept booing of Charlton players whilst they are on the field .. but some do.

I got your point perfectly - i wasn't singling you out - and I agree with you I just think it is over the top and people want him to fail which I find pathetic.
  • Options
    1st of all, whats with the contempt for Weaver (obviously, somewhere through the years I've missed something) ???

2nd, Weavers shite.

3rd, Todorov is shite.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I've woken up in a more pragmatic mood- i'm with Arf/Ledge now on these two.

Sure Weaver sorry, i mean Nicky, has a girly name and his hair is IMHO too long, and someone should tell that his facial hair probably makes his face look fatter-

BUT- He'll almost certainly turn out at Welling in a Charlton shirt so, like applauding Iain Dowie initially was very strange, so clapping him will also seem strange but will be neccassary. His now a Charlton man, he almost certainly will have a point to prove, he's played well enough in the past to be seriously thought of as a future England number one, so lets get behind him and in so doing show Pard's we trust him to rebuild our team.

(wow that coffee has kicked in)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]1st of all, whats with the contempt for Weaver (obviously, somewhere through the years I've missed something) ???

2nd, Weavers shite.

3rd, Todorov is shite.

and the award for positive post of the day goes to.......
  • Options
    I just saw the newsflash e-mail, Nicky fecking Weaver, I have to go along with others on this board, there is no way I can bring myself to sing his name.

Pards' first ricket IMO

Todorov is good business though.....
  • Options
    Nothing like backing the manager lads is there :-/

Said it once & I'll say it again, he may be a twat but he's our twat now.

Like Thatcher, Di Canio, Hasslebaink before him.

Who did we all think we could get for the money we have who has the experience he has?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

Who did we all think we could get for the money we have who has the experience he has?

We already had him, but let him go too easily.

Myre
  • Options
    Don't get the Thomas Myhre thing, never thought he showed that he was a number 1 keeper
  • Options
    Weaver has spoken to Manchester Evening News

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1010/1010582_weaver_joins_addicks.html

He even mentions his past love affair with us fans