Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 26 Feb | Match Thread

edited February 2020 in General Charlton
Team news is out on twitter.

Comments

• Options
    Great to see Taylor and Bonne starting together but Naby not even on the bench? Seems odd considering he’s been our best player over the last few games. Maybe a slight knock?
  • Options
    Can't remember the last time we played 3 at the back without Naby. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Charlton: Phillips, Matthews, Oshilaja, Lockyer, Pearce (c), Taylor, Bonne, Cullen, Davis, Oztumer, Doughty

Subs: Amos, Purrington, McGeady, Green, Smith, Hemed, Lapslie
  • Options
    Sarr misses out due to a tight calf.
  • Options
    Will be very interesting to see how Taylor and Bonne do together.
  • Options
    No complaints with the lineup. Come on lads. 
  • Options
    Foresteiri is slippery. Maybe Sarr would've had trouble with him.
    Is he playing?
  • Options
    Hopefully that's a back 3 and not another attempt to the make the diamond work with Cullen, Davis and Deji in it. Strong looking bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might have been tempted to play Purrington on the left of the 3 rather than Pearce. Needs someone who can play the ball out...
  • Options
    Plenty on the bench to change the game if needed. 
  • Options
    Wednesday team for anyone who wants to know...

Dawson
    Palmer Lees Börner Fox
    Murphy Lee Bannan Harris
    Wickham Forestieri
  • Options
    Sarr misses out due to a tight calf.
    He did seem to be stretching a bit near the end of the game on Saturday. With Huddersfield coming up, I guess they didn't want to risk him
  • Options
    Our team looks better if you put any one of the outfield subs in for Oshilaja (and change shape accordingly) imo
  • Options
    Had a dream we won 3-0 last night... Backing that and Taylor 3-0
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Our team looks better if you put any one of the outfield subs in for Oshilaja (and change shape accordingly) imo
    I’d agree I’d have gone Lapslie in for Deji but I think it will be a 5,3,2 tonight rather than the diamond 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Wednesday team for anyone who wants to know...

Dawson
    Palmer Lees Börner Fox
    Murphy Lee Bannan Harris
    Wickham Forestieri
    Bannan to get their first, and gesticulate in front of the booing Charlton fans

Fox to get the second after dribbling the length of the pitch past 8 Charlton players before arrowing into the top corner from 30 yards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was gonna say Taylor and Bonne will cause them problems.

Then I saw Wickham and Forestieri are their front 2. Fuck me. Hell of a front 2. Maybe the extra man in defence is a good thing. Can see Pearce having a real battle with Wickham like he did with Mitrovic early season.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Not Purrington or Smith imo 
  • Options
    Great to see Oztumer starting again...

Seems to answer the question that he's come back fitter than before

Wonder if a certain Danny Murphy has something to do with that
  • Options
    Happy to see Erhun play again, going to be important to get him on the ball, but honestly struggle to see that happening when we know Davis and Cullen will sit deep in that formation.

In Bowyer we trust though, and you know Lyle and Bonne can hurt any defence in this league. 
  • Options
    Decent offensive options from the bench if needed.
  • Options
    Pearce and Lockyer are a dogged CB pairing and they don't need a third party unless it's a consummate ballplayer and all-around monster like Lord Naby.

I mean I'm hopeful Oshilaja makes me eat my words but with Sarr injured you surely back Pearce and play the second-half team from last time out. But what do I know 
  • Options

Then I saw Wickham and Forestieri are their front 2. Fuck me. Hell of a front 2. Maybe the extra man in defence is a good thing. Can see Pearce having a real battle with Wickham like he did with Mitrovic early season.
    Wickham doesnt bother me too much (famous last words)

Never lived up to the hype when he was a kid and far too injury prone
  • Options
    Wickham has barely a game in the last few years. I am sure he still has quality, but there are better strikers in this league.
  • Options
    maybe deji playing LB???
  • Options

Forestieri came off at half time at The Valley in November. Didn’t have a very effective first half. Think we will be able to manage their front two, they’ll cause us problems for sure, but don’t think it’ll be too difficult in comparison to other sides.

Although, they are one of the few teams in the league who play two up front, like us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!