Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020-21 UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Haaland scores the first of what i'm sure will be many goals he gets for Norway
  • Haaland scores the first of what i'm sure will be many goals he gets for Norway
    That feels like a Football Fact that shouldnt sound true!!
  • Northern Ireland goalie pulled off a worldie save in the last minute 
  • Good point tonight for Scotland at home to the might of Israel 
    No Hemed in the Israel team incidentally, nor Kayal
  • UEFA have said it'll go ahead, weirdly.
  • Czech Republic have cancelled their match with Scotland on Monday due to Covid concerns.

Could result in a 3-0 Scotland win and a national bank holiday to celebrate the historic result.

"Scotland will face a Czech Republic squad made up with "new players and staff members" after both nations and Uefa confirmed the game will go ahead.

Tomas Soucek and Patrik Schick were told to self isolate following contact with a backroom staff member who tested positive for the virus."

So basically they'll be playing a Czech B team put together at 24 hours notice and who might only have time for one training session together.

• Czech Republic have cancelled their match with Scotland on Monday due to Covid concerns.

Could result in a 3-0 Scotland win and a national bank holiday to celebrate the historic result.

"Scotland will face a Czech Republic squad made up with "new players and staff members" after both nations and Uefa confirmed the game will go ahead.

Tomas Soucek and Patrik Schick were told to self isolate following contact with a backroom staff member who tested positive for the virus."

So basically they'll be playing a Czech B team put together at 24 hours notice and who might only have time for one training session together.

and it will still be a 0-0 draw
  • Sponsored links:

• BalladMan said:
    Czech Republic have cancelled their match with Scotland on Monday due to Covid concerns.

Thats a bold assessment - Can Scotland keep a clean sheet? 

I still fancy the Czechs to win :-)
  • They need to create a new nation so they can fill in League D, my OCD is going into overdrive. UEFA useless once again.
    It’s quite simple - put Andorra Ladies in Scotland’s pot and move the jocks in to league D. At least the teams in League B would a couple of tougher games that way. 
    Actually, it would be interesting to put a European 11 ladies team in the mix and see where they end up.
    Seeing as physical contact is gradually being eradicated, and the men roll around and cry so much, I wouldn't be surprised to find the women in League A.
  • Jonny Williams only on the bench for Wales today
  • Jonny Williams only on the bench for Wales today
    Thank you Wales!! - I dont think he can start so often and still feel it was them playing him in back to back games before the Derby game that killed him for us 
  • Williams coming on for the last 20 mins of the Wales match
  • edited September 2020
    Smith(the one we had on loan from City) really hasnt impressed me for Wales today

Lol Williams came on as I was typing haha 
  • Assist from Jonny for a late winner
  • Sponsored links:

• Wales managing Jonny’s pre season well
  • BBC - A patient move is capped by a brilliant cross from Jonny Williams & Neco Williams rises highest at the back post to head home. 

Wales have won it at the death 

- Williams on from 76 mins helps change the game for Wales. Not the first time he has done that for Wales
  • Ireland lost at home 1-0 to the mighty Finland.
  • Wales have done us a favour helping to get Williams fitter.

Would expect him to only be a sub at Crewe though.
  • You wonder if he’s best when coming off the bench. Wembley and for Wales today suggests so. 
  • Washington playing in a bonkers game tonight

Seven mins in and its already Northern Ireland 1-2 Norway!!

@paulie8290 please tell me your not watching?
  • edited September 2020
    Washington playing in a bonkers game tonight

No watching Scotland as I thought there would be goals.

Switched over to Northern Ireland when I saw there was 3 goals in 8 minutes 
  • Washington playing in a bonkers game tonight

No watching Scotland as I thought there would be goals.

Switched over to Northern Ireland when I saw there was 3 goals in 8 minutes 
    Yup!!... You've definitely got the FA curse... No cure yet I'm afraid!!
  • edited September 2020
    BalladMan said:
    Czech Republic have cancelled their match with Scotland on Monday due to Covid concerns.

Thats a bold assessment - Can Scotland keep a clean sheet? 
    1-0 Czech Republic

• Scotland are losing 

Czech Republic rushed to get a squad together after sending everyone home the finally managed to call everyone up yesterday, so the squad have been together about 24 hours.

They have had 1 training session today.

There are 2 players who have played international football before 1 of which retired internationally 4 years ago there rest have never got senior caps before