Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020-21 UEFA Nations League

123457»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Gavi is Spain’s youngest ever player. 

Debut after 7 games for Barca 
    Obviously a ridiculous talent, but i can't see how he's getting a national team call up. I'd be pretty pissed off if i was a senior player sat on the Spain bench whilst he played.

3 appearances for Barcelona B, 7 appearances for Barcelona's first team, which includes just 3 starts and 276 minutes in La Liga. As recently as last year he was playing in Spain's U16 side. There's no way he should be getting a national team start yet.

That said, with him, Pedri and Ansu Fati all 18 or under, Barcelona have some great youngsters to see them out of their current mess.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Obviously a ridiculous talent, but i can't see how he's getting a national team call up. I'd be pretty pissed off if i was a senior player sat on the Spain bench whilst he played.

3 appearances for Barcelona B, 7 appearances for Barcelona's first team, which includes just 3 starts and 276 minutes in La Liga. As recently as last year he was playing in Spain's U16 side. There's no way he should be getting a national team start yet.

That said, with him, Pedri and Ansu Fati all 18 or under, Barcelona have some great youngsters to see them out of their current mess.
    I can

If ex Barcelona player and Manager Luis Enrique wasnt Spain manager then Gavi wouldnt be getting a call up yet.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

They only played him as Gavi has a Welsh grandmother, and they were worried Wales would call him up first 
  • Options
    Spain France is goalless at half time.

Earlier on, Italy beat Belgium 2-1 in Turin.
  • Options
    Incredibly boring 1st half.
  • Options
    Last 15 mins been incredible
  • Options
    Last 15 mins been incredible
    Almost been like a game of Fifa these last few minutes, completely end to end.
  • Options
    I hate France. Find them unbelievably lucky and if Spain had a proper striker this would of been all over ages ago.
  • Options
    I hate France. Find them unbelievably lucky and if Spain had a proper striker this would of been all over ages ago.
    Only saw the second half but really good match. Spain could have scored 3-4 in the last ten minutes but everything seemed to be straight at Lloris.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would like to see the lines on that Mbappe goal as well. Looked off to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Think Garcia got a touch on the ball which seemingly 'reset' play which is why it stood.
  • Options

Think Garcia got a touch on the ball which seemingly 'reset' play which is why it stood.
    ah okay that makes sense.
  • Options

Strange law really as clearly the Spanish would argue he wouldn't have tried to play the ball if he'd known Mpabbe was offside, if he'd just let it run then Mpabbe would have been flagged. 

Probably say it goes against the spirit of the game but in law it was the right decision. Seem to recall there was a similar incident in the Premier League last year that had everyone up in arms.
  • Options

Seems crazy to me. What if the ball touched Garcia with no intention to play the ball, and the player were offside (even 10 yards).?