Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton | Sat 29 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I am going for a 1-1 draw, udders to equalise in the 97th minute after a Lyle Taylor miss from the penalty with 30 seconds to go
  • Options
    This game has a last minute Karlan Grant winner written all over it.

With him playing I'm pretty much giving them a 1 goal head start.
  • Options

If Sarr/Pratley can't start:-           

Phillips
    Matthews | Oshilaja | Taylor | Purrington
    Cullen | Morgan | Lapslie
    Aneke
    Green | Bonne

Substitutes Bench: Amos | Sarr | Doughty | Williams | Oztumer |Davis | Pratley. If any unfit, Hemed, Pearce  and Davison. 

• Options
    Watching this one with my Huddersfield supporting mate. Absolutely shitting the bed with nerves before this one
  • Options
    Depends on which team & tactics Bowyer puts out........ the one from Wed night or

Nah, fuck it. Still wont attack & still wont score.

3-0. 
  • Options
    This has become a 'must not lose' for sure and arguably, given midweek results including ours, a must win.

I hope to God we turn up and do the business. Lockyer's 10th booking could not have come at a worse time given our next 2 opponents and lack of credible right sided options at centre half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tough game but one we really need to pick up a result from. The team I fear the most is Wigan and all you need to do is look at their remaining fixtures to know how much of a say they’ll have in who ends up relegated. In terms of tomorrow, Huddersfield have it in them to concede goals and be leaky. We are extremely unpredictable and without Lockyer and likely without Sarr, I am cautious of our defence. Purrington has to come in.

If it was up to me, Taylor would lead the side out on Saturday and encourage the fans and team to really go for it. If Sarr would be fit, he’d start alongside Oshilaja, and the same with Williams, coming in for Lapslie. Because they’re both unlikely to start, or even be involved, the team for me has to be the same as yours @ForeverAddickted but with McGeady and Green dropping wide left and right when we don’t have the ball.

Would love Aneke to be involved, think this could be the perfect fixture for him. Really also miss Pratley and who would’ve thought we would be saying that this time last season? Goes to show how his leadership and experience is vital for us.

Huddersfield Town 1-1 Charlton Athletic

Grant and Taylor, just unfortunately not both for us.
  • Options
    Battling draw 1-1.
  • Options
    We need something from this one but I doubt we will get it with yet more injuries. Huddersfield had an impressive win in midweek and I doubt we will improve from Wednesday. 3-0 Huddersfield, Grant with a brace.
  • Options
    Sadly I think Bowyer has lost the plot away from home. Would love to be proved wrong and look a fool with that statement but I am hurting. When somebody I admire, rate and am excited about turns into a back foot manager like Slade after all, it feels like heading a brick. 
  • Options
    Teams down the bottom really struggle to get back to back wins! So draw or CAFC win more likely 
  • Options
    Disagree with ForeverAddickted in his preview, saying Grant was "poor" in the reverse fixture.  He caused our defence problems, mostly with his pace.  Even Taylor has said Grant's speed is "frightening".  Of course he will score; we'll lose 2-1.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Sadly I think Bowyer has lost the plot away from home. Would love to be proved wrong and look a fool with that statement but I am hurting. When somebody I admire, rate and am excited about turns into a back foot manager like Slade after all, it feels like heading a brick. 
    I think it would be more sensible to wait until after Huddersfield

I get your still hurting but Stoke / Forest showed that Bowyer is simply trying to manage the run in of games like Riga did

If we see back to back performances like Wednesday night, then its worth having that attitude
    I don't think that is the case sadly. I think the Forest performance was a reaction until the last 20 minutes when Bowyer let fear get the better of him. And I said so at the time. We were a bit lucky to hold onto the win IMO. The clues are there and he needs to stop it. Unless anybody thinks playing with the level of negativity we did on Wednesday was a good approach. If so, they may be less worried than me.
  • Options
    We'll score a goal but it will just be a consolation.  The damage will be done early through a fast start from Huddersfield and more shit defending. 

Hudds 3 Charlton 1
  • Options
    I think we need Aneke as an option on the bench at least. I'd do with this if as reported, Sarr is out.

Phillips
    Matthews            Oshilaja                   Pearce            Doughty
                                               Davies
                               Lapslie                         Cullen
                                               Oztumer
                                                                Aneke               
                                            Taylor        

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 0 home win, goals in the 46th and 96th minutes.
  • Options
    2-1 defeat.
  • Options
    7-0 Grant 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84.

• Options
    This game has a last minute Karlan Grant winner written all over it.
    Own goal, right?
  • Options
    Just stop Grant cutting inside on to his right foot. 
  • Options
    50+ mph wind and rain. That’ll make it a frickin lottery. 
    Expect to lose 1-0 to a freak goal
  • Options
    I’m not getting the clamour for Aneke who has shown zilch in the few occasions he’s worn the shirt. If we set up correctly and go for it this game is there for the taking although our lack of options in defence scares me. Crucial game. Lose and we go into three more crucial games on a real downer. 2-0 udders. Grant to score. Meltdown on here. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Yup. We’ve been falling for that one all season.  Well be ok once Jo Bloggs returns.