Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes (Retired p5, some unique donations to the museum p11)

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't seem well planned.

Unless they promote in-house they may need to wait one or even three months while the replacement works their notice.

Would have made sense to keep Chris to the end of the season so there was a handover anyway.
    Not a fair statement  in my opinion to say not well planned. 

Senior appointments in any industry take time. 3 months notice or longer often the norm and even then won’t always allow for a handover period. Ridiculously HR on-boarding of a new employee can take several weeks or up to a month post a job offer. This can be bettered but often isn’t. 

I had inferred it wasn’t planned in as much as CP imitated it. As a small club we don’t have succession plans I assume for all roles out of practicality and of course due to recent neglect under RD and before. 

To have negotiated a bit longer to handover : support is the right outcome. 

I might guess CP wants to be fully clear by the end of the season and disappear on holidays etc. at the latest so the new incumbent also has a clean slate for next season. 

I don’t think Chris is anxious to leave at all but he has now sold up and is moving well north of London.
    I heard the same...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Unless they promote in-house they may need to wait one or even three months while the replacement works their notice.

Would have made sense to keep Chris to the end of the season so there was a handover anyway.

Senior appointments in any industry take time. 3 months notice or longer often the norm and even then won’t always allow for a handover period. Ridiculously HR on-boarding of a new employee can take several weeks or up to a month post a job offer. This can be bettered but often isn’t. 

I had inferred it wasn’t planned in as much as CP imitated it. As a small club we don’t have succession plans I assume for all roles out of practicality and of course due to recent neglect under RD and before. 

I might guess CP wants to be fully clear by the end of the season and disappear on holidays etc. at the latest so the new incumbent also has a clean slate for next season. 

I don’t think Chris is anxious to leave at all but he has now sold up and is moving well north of London.
    I heard the same...
    About leaving I mean
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

I heard the same...
    About leaving I mean
    To clarify, RH, are you referring to CP or WM , please ? 
  • Options
    Rumour that Mumford is on his way as well
    Where has that rumour come from @usetobunkin ?
  • Options
    Pretty grim if both the big names TS brought in (Roddy and Mumford) have moved on already, to go with the loss of stalwarts like Chris P and Mick E.
  • Options
    They prolly didn't have the same opinion as my wife  Thomas

• Options
    Redhenry said:

I heard the same...
    Yep and me.
  • Options
    Where has that rumour come from @usetobunkin ?
    Sorry should have been" is WM on his way" as he seemed to work hand in glove CP.
    Sorry @usetobunkin I'm not understanding.

CP and WM didn't work hand in hand as far as I know but I don't work for the club so can't  be sure.

One is the commercial director and the other the club secretary. Parkes and Roddy both worked at the training ground but Mumford at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank **** we still have a sandwich maker.
  • Options
    We hope the one in the middle is from 1998.

Not sure about the one on the left.

Must be a fake as has the wrong formation date on it
  • Options
    We hope the one in the middle is from 1998.

Not sure about the one on the left.

Must be a fake as has the wrong formation date on it
    ... and "CHRYSTAL" is spelt incorrectly.
  • Options
    Henry Irving said:
    When Chris left he mentioned to Mick Everett that he had some bits for the museum.

It's taken a while but thanks to the new club secretary, Ron Dangerfield and the new occupant of Chris' old office, Bert Dawkins we managed to get down to Sparrows Lane and start taking it away.

Bert Dawkins sounds like someone who played for us in the 1920s, and helped dig the ground out!
  • Options
    Henry Irving said:
    When Chris left he mentioned to Mick Everett that he had some bits for the museum.

It's taken a while but thanks to the new club secretary, Ron Dangerfield and the new occupant of Chris' old office, Bert Dawkins we managed to get down to Sparrows Lane and start taking it away.

Bert Dawkins sounds like someone who played for us in the 1920s, and helped dig the ground out!
    No, your thinking of @Redmidland 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's a lot of Irish stuff

Ooooooooh I like that 🤩
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Ooooooooh I like that 🤩
    We have about 10 of the badges, if you want one, @KBslittlesis I'll pass it on to big brother next time I see him.
  • Options

There was a lot of stuff and it will take a while to sort.

There's some great stuff

Me and Karen were CAFCs offical ambassadors at the Gib match. 
  • Options

Ooooooooh I like that 🤩
    We have about 10 of the badges, if you want one, @KBslittlesis I'll pass it on to big brother next time I see him.
    Yes please!
    And I’ll make a donation to the museum I’m hoping to get over for the Cheltenham game.
    Thank you xx