Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes (Retired p5, some unique donations to the museum p11)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Wonder which Sandgaard will replace him
    A member of Ged's family? :wink:

Is this the guy who's wife said he can't retire because he hasn't got a pension? 
  • Options
    that that will be a huge loss to the club, should give him a testimonial 

Bring him on as a sub
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wonder which Sandgaard will replace him
    A member of Ged's family? :wink:

Is this the guy who's wife said he can't retire because he hasn't got a pension? 
    Chris did not have a club pension. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My reading of that is that it is being instigated by Parkes rather than the other way round. Thst how others read?
  • Options
    The first 4 pages of this thread. Ouch.

Enjoy your retirement, Chris.
  • Options
    Great servant to the club … very well earned retirement  
  • Options
    And the Mrs can be an ambassador to the buffet menu.

CP a Charlton legend, enjoy your retirement.
  • Options
    Happy retirement, Chris
  • Options
    No mention of who will take his place so, it looks like it was Chris`s decision. Very surprised he will not get some form of pension after spending half of his life serving Charlton - so conscientiously.

He has been "part of the furniture" at the club throughout many periods of turmoil and it will feel a little unnerving for me when he is not there to act as an "old head" when the pressure is on again.

Have a long and happy retirement Chris,  you deserve it!

• Options
     Charlton legend.
    I really hope he has a long happy and deserved retirement and is always very welcome at the Valley.
    The next appointment needs to be as thorough and meticulous as Chris.
    Very best wishes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My reading of that is that it is being instigated by Parkes rather than the other way round. Thst how others read?
    Yes it was Chris’s decision 
  • Options
    Good luck on his retirement and the ambassador role. Ferrero Rochers in the boardroom? 
  • Options
    Obviously his choice so he can do what he likes but seems a bit odd to leave at the end of Feb rather than see out the season.

Fair play to him though, he's been a tremendous servant to the club.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Hope he writes a tell all biography to fund his retirement. 
    I would buy it !
    Could mention how his wife laughed at our fans next to her friend Katrien as we protested. Or perhaps his endorsement of elliott. Maybe a small bit about his sons comments on social media about charlton fans too. 
    Reminder #52687 that some times "good" people do "bad" things. 
  • Options
    WOW. That has shocked me.  What a legend and thanks for all your hard work through good times and bad.  What a great servant. He has done so much for this wonderful club. All I can say is Thank you Chris Enjoy your retirement, 
  • Options
    Obviously his choice so he can do what he likes but seems a bit odd to leave at the end of Feb rather than see out the season.

Fair play to him though, he's been a tremendous servant to the club.
    Gives time for his replacement to bed in before the summer spending spree
  • Options
    I heard his off to Chelsea but coming back to us on loan until the end of the season :)
    The pensioners? 
  • Options
    Appointed by Mike Norris, from a local estate agent's I believe. Met Chris a couple of times, once in Belgium, during the Duchatelet years. Very honest, hard working guy. I wish him all the best, and thank him for all the hard work through many dark years.