Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes (Retired p5, some unique donations to the museum p11)

Comments

• Options
    re-instated by Nimer I assume. Welcome back Chris.
  • Options
    After outing that scum bag, it should be Sir Chris Parkes now.
  • Options
    Did he get a Range Rover and use of a flat in central London as compensation?
  • Options
    Sounds to me like Southall bottled out of this one 
  • Options
    Did he get a Range Rover and use of a flat in central London as compensation?
    2 bitches
  • Options
    If he’s resumed duties, are we to assume Nimer sanctioned it or MS has allowed it ahead of his proposed meeting with the Trust tonight 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    If he’s resumed duties, are we to assume Nimer sanctioned it or MS has allowed it ahead of his proposed meeting with the Trust tonight 
    I got a feeling this a southall move as seen the shit storm it’s caused. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a bloody farce this club is. Southall clearly back tracking on an appalling decision to suspend Super Chris. I have learned from this the power of Charltonlife……...and how clueless Southall is. Please can we just have the truth from now on? Of course not.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Sounds to me like Southall bottled out of this one 
    Or he had fk all to do with the reinstatement 
  • Options

From the OS:

Following serious allegations made against him, Chris Parkes was suspended from his role of Club Secretary pending an investigation.

The club has now carried out a full investigation of the available evidence and is satisfied there was no wrong-doing on the part of Mr Parkes.

The Board are happy to confirm Mr Parkes will resume his duties from Thursday, March 12th.

Interested to know the exact individuals this refers to.  
  • Options
    Good, some sense at last. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    It's on the OS which is controlled by Southall not Nimer so it has come from Southall or to be more accurate IMHO from his PR advisor who has told him to try and negate the story as much as possible.
  • Options
    Chris Parkes probably on a modest salary for being the backbone of Charlton Athletic vrs Southall and Co. and the money they're stealing for themselves.....

If the Club are obliged to keep the Range Rovers and the Flat for the next few months, Chris Parkes should have the use of them. But being the modest person he seems to be, he wouldn't take the offer 
    I think Sue may have a few thoughts on Chris having a luxury batchelors pad!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Chris Parkes probably on a modest salary for being the backbone of Charlton Athletic vrs Southall and Co. and the money they're stealing for themselves.....

If the Club are obliged to keep the Range Rovers and the Flat for the next few months, Chris Parkes should have the use of them. But being the modest person he seems to be, he wouldn't take the offer 
    I think Sue may have a few thoughts on Chris having a luxury batchelors pad!
    Thought it was going to be for Messi to stay in, when we sign him.
  • Options
    I’ve been told that the players agreed amongst themselves that if Parkes wasn’t reinstated by Thursday they would not travel to Hull on Friday. Second hand so don’t know if it’s true. Apologies if anyone else has mentioned it as I’ve not checked in for a couple of hours. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve been told that the players agreed amongst themselves that if Parkes wasn’t reinstated by Thursday they would not travel to Hull on Friday. Second hand so don’t know if it’s true. Apologies if anyone else has mentioned it as I’ve not checked in for a couple of hours. 
    Like to think that’s correct but very much doubt it.
    We would forfeit the result and possibly say goodbye to The Championship at the same time.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    It's on the OS which is controlled by Southall not Nimer so it has come from Southall or to be more accurate IMHO from his PR advisor who has told him to try and negate the story as much as possible.
    His PR advisor paid for by the club
  • Options
    Like to think that’s correct but very much doubt it.
    We would forfeit the result and possibly say goodbye to The Championship at the same time.

Last thing that Chris Parkes would want.

• Options
    This climb down by Southall is just one huge embarrassment, which makes his position as chairman even more untenable. If the man has any shred of self respect remaining, he should resign now. 
  • Options
    This climb down by Southall is just one huge embarrassment, which makes his position as chairman even more untenable. If the man has any shred of self respect remaining, he should resign now. 
    Supposes he ever had any 😫
  • Options
    Southall probably hoping this climb down might buy him a bit more leeway with the fans. If that's what he hoped he's wrong, the climb down changes nothing Southall must go and should have gone by now already.

Time for the thread title to be updated?
  • Options
    That's a surprise, though pleased he has an ambassadorial role.

I assume they have a replacement lined up, as the timing mid season seems unusual