Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes (Retired p5, some unique donations to the museum p11)

Comments

• Options
    Desperate and unwise move by Southall to suspend a valued, long- term employee
  • Options
    In terms of the errors Southall has made, this is probably one of his biggest. If he wanted a sure fire way of the fans turning against him, this would do it.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    *News just in * 
    in rapid revised travel arrangements for this weekends trip to Hull the squad will stay overnight @Leeds_Addick gaff, kipping on a selection of bunk beds and put-you-ups while the management top n tail on Mrs LA’s chaise lounge. 😉
    We only have fields up here, hope they bring their tents
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    As an aside, I'd like to offer @Blucher congratulations on using "cowsons"
    Seconded - a word my father in law uses a lot - and also used by those legends ‘Chas and Dave’
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Chris Parkes is a top man, whose integrity and commitment to Charlton are beyond question.

He's seen a number of cowsons come and go during his long tenure at the club and I expect one to two more will be exiting in short order. 
    Jordan Cowsons?
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Chris Parkes is a top man, whose integrity and commitment to Charlton are beyond question.

He's seen a number of cowsons come and go during his long tenure at the club and I expect one to two more will be exiting in short order. 
    Jordan Cowsons?
    Side splitting 
  • Options
    gertcha southall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    As an aside, I'd like to offer @Blucher congratulations on using "cowsons"
    Seconded - a word my father in law uses a lot - and also used by those legends ‘Chas and Dave’
    My dad used it a lot when he got upset.
  • Options
    It shouldn't even be a battle. Nimer will sack Southall shortly and Parkes will be back at work. My only surprise is that it hasn't happened yet!
  • Options
    I have known Chris Parkes by reputation for many years and heard only good things.

Attended a Bromley supporters Meeting where he was guest speaker, he came across as gun barrel straight with a massive love for our club.

So hope he can resume his duties very soon.

As an aside,  he defended Duchatelet saying  he never  failed to pay the bills/fund the club.
  • Options
    Just spoke to Chris on the phone. He's in good spirits, though it has been very stressful. It's no surprise that he has a lot of other support from within the club. Things are moving on rapidly as you would expect. He is hugely grateful for the support from us fans on social media, and he hopes to be back sooner rather than later. 
    If he feels up to it I would like to see Chris back by 2pm today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chris Parkes probably on a modest salary for being the backbone of Charlton Athletic vrs Southall and Co. and the money they're stealing for themselves.....

If the Club are obliged to keep the Range Rovers and the Flat for the next few months, Chris Parkes should have the use of them. But being the modest person he seems to be, he wouldn't take the offer 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Chris acted in the best interests of the club - that much is clear.

i Believe the players are not happy with his treatment. This is how highly regarded he is at the club.

this seems to be a one man crusade to cover his arse and blame others for his own failings. I hope he pays the price and we get back on track 
    100% with this.

No amount of PR, spin and bullshit will clear this one up.
  • Options
    I've never met or spoken to Chris Parkes but I've obviously heard of the work he's done as Club Secretary over the last 30 years.

The fact that Saint Christopher and Lord Bowyer, amongst others, hold him in such high regard, esteem, and respect, tells me all I need to know about him as a Charlton fixture and a man.

Southall has just shot our Bambi.
  • Options
    Another nail in Southall's coffin.
  • Options

From the OS:

Following serious allegations made against him, Chris Parkes was suspended from his role of Club Secretary pending an investigation.

The club has now carried out a full investigation of the available evidence and is satisfied there was no wrong-doing on the part of Mr Parkes.

The Board are happy to confirm Mr Parkes will resume his duties from Thursday, March 12th.

Well they rowed back on that ill-advised move PDQ then!