Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes (Retired p5, some unique donations to the museum p11)

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Not sure I understand exactly what Rick is saying there. Is Southall suggesting that Chris Parkes was at fault for the missing paperwork not being submitted, or is it that Parkes was going to the EFL on Nimer's behalf behind Southall's back?
    Reads to me like CP contacting the EFL at the request of TN, presumably to remove MS as CEO and replace him with Claudio Florica.

That, of course, upset MS and hence the pathetic act of a desperate man in suspending a long standing servant of the club.

Club secretary is a very important and official role in arranging fixtures, travel, registrations and a million other things. Who the hell is doing all this stuff now?
    Possibly, or could be TN asking RP to check if his paperwork had been submitted to the EFL.
  • Options
    "Pending investigation" who the fuck does Southall think he is
    Gareth Keenan
    Nail on the head there mate
  • Options
    Trump-esque suspending your own. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Meanwhile cahones celebrates there’s someone at the club less popular than him!
    He's been acting Billy big bollocks and all. Walking round like he owns the place. Probably trying to fit in with Southalls mates. Probably calls himself 'Vice vice chairman'.
    4’ 11” In his Cuban heels and a booster seat in a Range Rover! 
  • Options
    What on earth is going on at our club?

The biggest game in years coming up and there's more soap on here than in superdrug!
  • Options
    Serious error here Southall. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would like to see Lee and the squad coming out in support for Chris, Lee knows Chris’s contribution over the years .....
  • Options
    4_bowman said:
    I would like to see Lee and the squad coming out in support for Chris, Lee knows Chris’s contribution over the years .....
    Mouthall will probably sack them if they do.
  • Options
    Do we think Bowyer will be allowed to focus on the game during his presser?
    I bet he can’t wait for that fun and games
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    4_bowman said:
    As much as I’m 100% behind Parkes on this, I’d prefer Bowyer and the team concentrate fully on there job for Saturday. Aware it’s difficult but they have to stay focused on the game only. 
    I am guessing Chris Parkes would want that too.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Not sure I understand exactly what Rick is saying there. Is Southall suggesting that Chris Parkes was at fault for the missing paperwork not being submitted, or is it that Parkes was going to the EFL on Nimer's behalf behind Southall's back?
    Reads to me like CP contacting the EFL at the request of TN, presumably to remove MS as CEO and replace him with Claudio Florica.

That, of course, upset MS and hence the pathetic act of a desperate man in suspending a long standing servant of the club.

Club secretary is a very important and official role in arranging fixtures, travel, registrations and a million other things. Who the hell is doing all this stuff now?
    Possibly, or could be TN asking RP to check if his paperwork had been submitted to the EFL.
    quite possible, just how it read to me.
  • Options
    I imagine there will be several twists before Saturday anyway...
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I'd guess that Chris Parkes role is more like Company Secretary, so filing accounts, changes of ownership, AGMs, board meetings that sort of thing. Doubt a 72yo is arranging away travel, fixtures and the like. Will still be sorely missed by all I'm sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must be stressful if he was doing all that.
  • Options
    Is it Chris that submits the teamsheet to the referee before matches as well?
  • Options
    4_bowman said:
    Yes. With a bit of luck they will strike saturday 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    4_bowman said:
    Yes. With a bit of luck they will strike saturday 
    Insert obligatory "they look like they've been striking for a while" joke. 
  • Options
    Chris will have a strong case for wrongful dismissal but I expect it won't get that far. He will have the last laugh here as Southall exits stage left.
    He's been suspended, not dismissed.
  • Options
    Southall should be suspended ( by his effing neck).