Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ending the season early? (+++ALL GAMES CANCELLED TILL 4 APRIL+++)

Comments

• Options
    - Null and void

- Behind closed doors

Are the only two options I can see working....

...so far
  • Options
    Well, they have at least 3 weeks to think about it. Maybe ask the clubs what they would prefer & see what they say.
  • Options
    One thing I’m sure won’t happen is the season ends now and there is one reason to that

money. 

Money dictates everything. Billions are paid for TV rights, tournament sponsorships, Wembley contracts, clubs budget on this income. Clubs budget in matchday income. 

They will find a way to restart even if the situation is worse when they restart than it currently is now. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Just tried calling SKY to remove my sports package and the department is closed due to Coronavirus!!!! 
    I think you can change it online. 
    Tried downgrading online and on the app but if I want to remove sports I have to call them.
    Yeah, sorry. I just did the same. I would get a £60 charge so not bothering as ditching Sky in 2 months anyway. 
    They have been told to say it's all starting up again in 2 weeks. 
    Shysters.
  • Options
    One thing I’m sure won’t happen is the season ends now and there is one reason to that

money. 

Money dictates everything. Billions are paid for TV rights, tournament sponsorships, Wembley contracts, clubs budget on this income. Clubs budget in matchday income. 

They will find a way to restart even if the situation is worse when they restart than it currently is now. 
    They’ll move it to Africa 
  • Options
    They are discussing this now on five live
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Got tickets, accom and trains sorted for Cardiff. Can't get refunds for trains or accommodation, apparently "global pandemic" isn't a good enough reason 😠
    Also got hotel booked for two nights down there with no refund being given, luckily i was going down on Megabus so haven;t lost too much on fares, but still annoying.
    We've lost out on one of my boys school trip to Barcelona (no refund), school trip to Austria (no refund), family holiday to Gran Canaria (no refund probably) and family trip to Canada for wife's family reunion (no refund probably) - assuming that the last two are deemed 'unsafe'.

At least I took out insurance on my train fare to Cardiff. Lol.
    Can't believe the school are getting away with that. You should only lose your money if you withdraw your child from a trip that is going ahead. Go and bang on the head's door (politely).
    Same thing happening here in France.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finish this season from September to December then just play FA Cup only. No 20/21 league season. If there's not enough matches have a 2nd FA Cup competition. Maybe a third for those that go out early like us. Then a fourth for the losers of that.  Keep going allowing losing teams to have guest appearances from teams that have already won it. Keep going until Charlton win it. Then start the 29/30 season.
    Cute you think we'll have achieved that by 2030
  • Options
    Will be hilarious if the season is cancelled and the scousers end up STILL not having won the title.
  • Options
    Finish this season from September to December then just play FA Cup only. No 20/21 league season. If there's not enough matches have a 2nd FA Cup competition. Maybe a third for those that go out early like us. Then a fourth for the losers of that.  Keep going allowing losing teams to have guest appearances from teams that have already won it. Keep going until Charlton win it. Then start the 29/30 season.
    Since a wee nipper @jimmymelrose has always said we’d win the FA Cup in 2022 so I’m a tad disappointed I’ve now got to wait until May 2029.
  • Options
    Perversely, if the season is voided, it may benefit us in financial terms factoring in the cost of potential relegation.
  • Options
    If the season is abandoned do you think we will get a partial season ticket refund ? 
  • Options
    If the season is abandoned do you think we will get a partial season ticket refund ? 
    Feeling the pinch mate?
  • Options
    Accrington are offering one

• Options
    Accrington are offering one

That won't cost much, they've only got 10 season ticket holders
  • Options
    The more I think about it the more convinced I am that the season will be declared null and void. 
  • Options
    Since a wee nipper @jimmymelrose has always said we’d win the FA Cup in 2022 so I’m a tad disappointed I’ve now got to wait until May 2029.
    Actually, I said 2017 and I wasn't a wee nipper. It was a vivid dream that I had in 1988 when I was 15. With the benefit of hindsight I think that it was the 2019 play off final. The funny thing was that in my dream we played Tranmere who ended up playing the day before us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have seen one projection which has peak infection in UK in June July August and geographic closures of access to certain in September October, I dont think this season will be finished and we may not have one next year either.
  • Options
    So what happens in a month time, clubs have missed out on income from 3 home games, can’t pay their bills and wages?
  • Options
    So what happens in a month time, clubs have missed out on income from 3 home games, can’t pay their bills and wages?
    The revolution. 
  • Options
    If the remaining 4 home games are cancelled they should give season ticket holders free tickets to the next 4 home cup ties.
  • Options
    If the remaining 4 home games are cancelled they should give season ticket holders free tickets to the next 4 home cup ties.

What sort of scores would you have anticipated in those final games?
  • Options
    Not sure fans deserved to be punished
  • Options
    That will see charlton fans good until the 23/24 season 
  • Options
    The same as for anyone else in the entertainment or hospitality industry. 

It is going to be very tough for many companies. Some, unfortunately, are not going to come out the other side. 
  • Options
    A lot of journalists and people within the game seem convinced that the season won't restart. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision about how the leagues finish.  Administrative nightmare and you won't be able to please everyone