Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things you’ve noticed/ newly appreciated since the lockdown

Comments

• Options
    Add to that we won't be buying Yorkshires, naan bread, fruit crumbles anymore, just as easy and nicer to make. 
  • Options
    That working from home is great if you’ve been out on the lash the night before but doing it every day is a ball ache.

That attempting to cut an apple tree down on your own is a fucking ball ache.

And finally, that replacing the u bolts on a 1970 MGB rear suspension is a right fucking ball ache
  • Options
    Add to that we won't be buying Yorkshires, naan bread, fruit crumbles anymore, just as easy and nicer to make. 
    If you can buy flour, eggs, fruit, butter and milk..... 
  • Options
    Work - I actually have decided I miss getting out of the house and going in to the office. I always thought WFH would be great, and although I do it every now and then, the novelty of doing it everyday wore off after 5 days. 
    I thought exactly the same after the 1st week of working from home.

A part of me misses getting up at silly o'clock, jumping on a delayed southeastern train and spending the day with a load of nob heads. Strange.
  • Options
    If you can buy flour, eggs, fruit, butter and milk..... 
    Yh I agree but we have a pear tree in our garden that I fill a brown bin with 10 times a year. We always have them ingredients indoors and when we go to use them they are 2 years past their sell by date and throw away, just never used unless its preplanned.
     Even though we have it all in we still buy the crap they sell in shops for quickness.

If we get through this it's gonna have made a severe impact on our outlook on life in all aspects. 
  • Options
    The benefit of a good hand lotion ... My hands are like sandpaper what with all this washing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shopping.......or should I say the lack of certain foods & essentials.

I have done the shopping (for me as a single/divorced person or for a family) for the past 30 years. Never have I not been able to buy toilet rolls, hand soap, chicken, mince, spaghetti or baked beans. I even went shopping the other day at 9am (had to rightly give NHS workers first dibs)........stood in a queue for 30 mins & when I finally got in the store there was hardly any of the above left. 

Must be what Russia was like 40 years ago.
  • Options
    I've noticed how much we normally waste food wise. 

We've not wasted a fckin thing, half a tin of kidney beans, back in fridge, roast potato's left over, back in the fridge, few slices bread, back in the freezer. Couple sausages left over from breakfast, in the fridge for a sandwich later. Cook half a pizza, freeze the other half. Correct measurements of rice per person, not just throw away what's left. 

Our green bin has never been emptier 
    We've always done this. I'm surprised people would throw away sausages and beans and pizza etc.
  • Options

We've not wasted a fckin thing, half a tin of kidney beans, back in fridge, roast potato's left over, back in the fridge, few slices bread, back in the freezer. Couple sausages left over from breakfast, in the fridge for a sandwich later. Cook half a pizza, freeze the other half. Correct measurements of rice per person, not just throw away what's left. 

We've always done this. I'm surprised people would throw away sausages and beans and pizza etc.
    Yes, weird to throw stuff away when you have a fridge or freezer
  • Options

Laziness mate on my behalf
  • Options
    Can’t wait to get back to an overly warm office full of annoying people. 
  • Options
    the sense of humour on CL. I've always enjoyed it, but even more so now. Apart from the takeover shenanigans thread and the Covid 19 thread where the heavyweights throw their theories around in a really serious way..
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    Scrabble and monopoly
  • Options
    Going to Lidl - seems a lot less busy than the big stores.
  • Options
    Going to Lidl - seems a lot less busy than the big stores.
    Yes,  Lidl at Upper Wickham Lane was really good when I went last Thursday.  Got there at around 4pm and the queue was 10 minutes to get in and they had loads of stock in there. 

I am going again this Thursday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On my exercise walks much less litter than there used to be
  • Options
    the withdrawal symptoms from a total lack of live and TV football .. not nearly so bad as I feared they would be .. ((:>) 
  • Options
    Wife wants you to do some D.I.Y whilst stuck at home? Politely remind her that most accidents occur at home when doing these tasks and to risk an injury would mean putting a bigger stain on the NHS, during this crisis, so unfortunately, you are not willing to take unnessesary risks............You're all welcome
    Also, most RTAs happen within five miles of home so if you must drive to the shops, drive to some a long way away.
  • Options
    the withdrawal symptoms from a total lack of live and TV football .. not nearly so bad as I feared they would be .. ((:>) 

Yeah, got to admit, I'm missing F1 far more than football.
  • Options
    The 'corner' shop.  We try to shop locally anyway but at a time like this I'd much rather give my money to a local business than the supermarkets.
  • Options
    Even though they want £10 for a bog roll?
  • Options
    Been thinking about giving up Sky/BT for a while, seem to watch out of habit rather than interest.

May cancel it all together when my contract runs out.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Been thinking about giving up Sky/BT for a while, seem to watch out of habit rather than interest.

May cancel it all together when my contract runs out.
    me too .. I've been counting up the hours I spend watching sports of all kinds and concluded that's it's far too many .. I might go for one of the deals that allows you to buy what you want to watch on a game by game basis .. I definitely watch too much for the sake of it and the fact that I want to get my money's worth !!
  • Options
    Think 3B mentioned bird song, definitely seems more noticeable.