Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else zoned out on all things Charlton and football?

124»

Comments

• Options
    like most of us I have a little more time to kill at the moment so probably spend a bit more time than usual trawling the various sites.I just keep looking hoping for some good news (It is really overdue),someone else has bought us,Southall found floating down the river,or banged up,we live in hopes.
  • Options
    whoever says football can't return is fibbing. Been watching that K-League match on the BBC and its entertaining enough. i imagine its lower championship upper league 1 standard. having no fans isn't good but the sport itself is engaging to watch. 
    In a country where the virus is pretty much under control, and hasn't been crippled by it for three months, yes... 
  • Options
    I only look at the bite sized thread re the ownership battle and I have never read a Grapevine post in my life. Sorry GV nothing personal.
  • Options
    I've been in full summer mode, sunshine, gardening and reading. Repairing the outhouse, then the doors and windows will need painting.
    And there's plenty of stuff needing to be done to the house, which will just have to wait a bit.

Miss my GF, family and those friends who are a long way away right now. But football? almost forgotten all about it.

• Options
    I have finally realised, I do not like watching repeats of old football matches.
    Feck me, BBC/Sky/Whoever stop showing the best of the year that was the best but we didn’t yet know it!!

😩
  • Options
    I only look at the bite sized thread re the ownership battle and I have never read a Grapevine post in my life. Sorry GV nothing personal.
    Never read a Grapevine thread. 

You are missing out there Mike. 
  • Options
    Lost all interest in football and the Charlton saga is depressing but with what’s going on every day in peoples lives seems unimportant if I’m honest. Could not give two shits if the premier league of FL comes back.
  • Options
    i'll still be going til the day i die but the endless stream of shit owners we've had is just boring now - don't think i missed a post on the takeover thread but just can't be arsed with it all over again - its beyond a joke - quicker we get into administration and start again - coz that is whats gonna happen - the better. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have finally realised, I do not like watching repeats of old football matches.
    Feck me, BBC/Sky/Whoever stop showing the best of the year that was the best but we didn’t yet know it!!

😩
    German football returns on Friday!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Watched the 79 Cup Final on ITV yesterday. This is what it’s come to. It took a while to get used to players passing the ball back to the keeper and he picks it up - with bare hands! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I don't think I have got my head round that my life will never be the same as it was a month ago.

I am not missing sport in the slightest.  I am actually enjoying all the social media coverage of historical sporting events.  Great goals, classic matches, world cup finals, heroic victories and the such like.  But they are five minute highlights at most. 

I used to really think that the glory in sport mattered. 3 or 4 once in a generation sporting events happened last summer, I soaked it in, celebrated like a mad man and commiserated like a broke man. 

Now I just don't think it matters at all.  Not just sport in general, Charlton as well.   I don't think I'll ever love either like I did.  They all just seem so unimportant now. 

Surely watching past events shows that the glory DOES matter. We can now watch past matches and think about the history rather than watching game  after game, and trophy after trophy without thinking about those that won it before.

Personally I've been reading books on the history of football following on from watching 'The English Game'.

I am definitely not 'zoned out' on football. I love football and Charlton. I may not like all this 'Project Restart' bollocks, and may not watch it even if they do restart, but I love football, the history, my memories of watching Charlton, and this is one of the few things that make me proud of where I come from.
  • Options
    I've actually enjoyed some of the football repeats, not the "live" matches, but rather the highlights like the Match of their Day programme

Old enough that I've forgotten most of how the games went, but recent enough that the players are still familiar
  • Options
    I'm really missing football and sport in general. 

I sit in front of the telly all forlorn, endlessly channel hopping and finding nothing of note.  In fact even shows that I used to like piss me off now.  The new format of celebs sitting at home at the end of dodgy phone lines trying to be amusing, funny, intelligent or whatever annoys me.  Take Have I Got News for You or Graham Norton or even The One Show, they all try to generate an atmosphere, generally by acting over excited as though this is fun and then laugh falsely at every word that is uttered.  It's all rubbish I tell ya!

I hate the new normal.  I even hate the term 'new normal'.  I have to believe that all this is all abnormal and things will eventually return to how they used to be.  🙏

*Just read the above out loud - not exactly a ray of sunshine am I?  😞

• Options

😩
    Same, Charlton still don’t win no matter how many times the game is played. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I'm really missing football and sport in general. 

I sit in front of the telly all forlorn, endlessly channel hopping and finding nothing of note.  In fact even shows that I used to like piss me off now.  The new format of celebs sitting at home at the end of dodgy phone lines trying to be amusing, funny, intelligent or whatever annoys me.  Take Have I Got News for You or Graham Norton or even The One Show, they all try to generate an atmosphere, generally by acting over excited as though this is fun and then laugh falsely at every word that is uttered.  It's all rubbish I tell ya!

I hate the new normal.  I even hate the term 'new normal'.  I have to believe that all this is all abnormal and things will eventually return to how they used to be.  🙏

*Just read the above out loud - not exactly a ray of sunshine am I?  😞

I've been watching a lot of random Sport on YouTube either highlights or the full thing to try and get my own fix

Olympic channel for example has a lot of full re-runs of events from London 2012

Another one I've really gotten into is watching downhill MTB events

Really is entertaining to watch the way they have to maneuver the bike, especially in the Urban Events as the camera view is a GoPro attached to the rider

Certainly not bothering with any live TV, any actual shows I'm watching are via. Netflix or Amazon Prime
  • Options
    This situation is putting a nail in the coffin of live TV.

,...........and of live life?