Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who plays/played here? Groundsharing allowed

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2020
    So when this is all over, do us football ground nerds organise a Euro trip to some weird and wonderful ground ??

I would be up for it 
    I’d be up for this (as long as @r@ricky_otto isn’t invited)
    Come on mate, you know your wife won’t let us both be away at the same time. 
    We still haven’t got our arses in gear and sorted out a European game have we? Been talking about it for bloody ages. 
    I know mate, it needs to be done.  @ElfsborgAddick fancies going to watch Wuhan United - I don’t fancy it myself.
  • Options
    So when this is all over, do us football ground nerds organise a Euro trip to some weird and wonderful ground ??

I would be up for it 

In no particular order.

Prague
    Budapest
    Bucharest

All cheap as chips and great for doing 3 or 4 games over 3 nights.
    Could do all 3 in 3 nights but only if fixtures married up 

Are there 2 teams in Bucharest ?

Romania would be fascinating to visit  

Prague is easy, I did 5 games in 3 days 3 years ago.
    Budapest you'd certainly get a game in on both Saturday and Sunday, maybe double headers.
    I'm not sure about Bucharest on the number of games but you'd easily get two games in.
  • Options
    I’ve seen that train stadium before on internet - where is that - that would be hilarious

You all know each other don’t you - I would be the newbie that doesn’t know anyone else 😱
    Slovakia, I'm on trainline at the moment looking at the timetable.
  • Options

I would be up for it 

lol
  • Options

I would be up for it 

In no particular order.

Prague
    Budapest
    Bucharest

You don’t want @ElfsborgAddick involved. He will have your passport and money away before the flight takes off. He is an insidious little toad that has ruined my life for the last 4 years. 

I have made you a better person Dicky.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

I would be up for it 

In no particular order.

Prague
    Budapest
    Bucharest

Budapest you'd certainly get a game in on both Saturday and Sunday, maybe double Enders.

• Options
    I get the impression Ricky Otto and Elfsborg have experience of going to matches in Europe - I have F all experience outside of England apart from some shit Spanish 3rd or 4th division game about 30 years ago whilst on holiday (a truly shocking game of football) - perhaps they can draw up a plan ?
  • Options
    I’ve seen that train stadium before on internet - where is that - that would be hilarious

You all know each other don’t you - I would be the newbie that doesn’t know anyone else 😱
    Proper Charlton mate.
  • Options

Pink Pussycat club Bratislava, I’m there.
  • Options

I would be up for it 
    We still haven’t got our arses in gear and sorted out a European game have we? Been talking about it for bloody ages. 
    I know mate, it needs to be done.  @ElfsborgAddick fancies going to watch Wuhan United - I don’t fancy it myself.

I have been here before, a fantastic boozer and many others around it.

Easyjet 3 nights and flight would be around £160. 

The city is very nice although the people are quite rude, @ricky_otto would mix in well of course.  You'd be throwing money around like confetti(which I do not do) and still have change out of £150.

Go Friday, come back Monday and you'll get 3 games in and have a terrific drink.

Hopefully Otto will fancy a 'swim' in the Danube as well.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Pink Pussycat club Bratislava, I’m there.

Funny name for a football team.
  • Options
    I get the impression Ricky Otto and Elfsborg have experience of going to matches in Europe - I have F all experience outside of England apart from some shit Spanish 3rd or 4th division game about 30 years ago whilst on holiday (a truly shocking game of football) - perhaps they can draw up a plan ?
    Elfsborg has done more than me for sure - but he is 10 years older. My Favourite overseas ground is Valencia - done that 5 times in the last 10 years. Most obscure - Pattaya United. Most hostile atmosphere - Hadjuk Split. Most expensive - Real Madrid. Strangest - Lazio.. subwoofers behind the goal, fans smoking weed and home fans segregated...all very strange.

But as said earlier, Elfsborg is the man. 
  • Options

I would be up for it 

In no particular order.

Prague
    Budapest
    Bucharest

Budapest you'd certainly get a game in on both Saturday and Sunday, maybe double Enders.

Every hole is a goal Dicky, I keep telling you that.
  • Options

You say that, in many respects I'd rather do lower division stuff(shut it Otto), as the grounds can be a lot more interesting.
  • Options
    I have been to Budapest - ok city - yep rude people - but with a group of Addicks to watch some footie and have some beers, who gives a fuck about them !!

Can’t remember which side is which - either Buda or Pest - but the hilly side other side of the river is more interesting, especially if you like your WW2 history
  • Options
    Elfsborg has done more than me for sure - but he is 10 years older. My Favourite overseas ground is Valencia - done that 5 times in the last 10 years. Most obscure - Pattaya United. Most hostile atmosphere - Hadjuk Split. Most expensive - Real Madrid. Strangest - Lazio.. subwoofers behind the goal, fans smoking weed and home fans segregated...all very strange.

But as said earlier, Elfsborg is the man. 
    Subwoofers, wtf!

Valencia is decent, Spain as a whole for grounds is fantastic.  The Vicente Calderon is up there in my top 10.
    Most obscure-Quick Boys of Katwijk, played in sand dunes somewhere in Holland
    Most hostile-Vasco da Gama v Flamego.  It made 80's offs look like tea partys.
    Most expensive-Real Madrid v Betis last November
    Strangest-Viktoria Zizkov, fans beering it up and smoking 'stuff' on a 9.15 Sunday morning kick off.

• Options
    I have been to Budapest - ok city - yep rude people - but with a group of Addicks to watch some footie and have some beers, who gives a fuck about them !!

Can’t remember which side is which - either Buda or Pest - but the hilly side other side of the river is more interesting, especially if you like your WW2 history

Otto has asked me to get him a hotel on the Pest side of the city....................
  • Options

That's a give away, it's Patrick Thistle!!
  • Options
    iaitch said:

That's a give away, it's Patrick Thistle!!
    One of your better efforts.
  • Options
    This one will be easy for the usual suspects.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

More a case of who hasn’t played there.
  • Options

sent off here for calling the ref a cnut. Wasn't clever and not proud. I was sent off three times in my less than illustrious playing career, and all for the same offence. Apologies to each and every ref on here - the language was wrong (but the sentiment was fair...)
  • Options

sent off here for calling the ref a cnut. Wasn't clever and not proud. I was sent off three times in my less than illustrious playing career, and all for the same offence. Apologies to each and every ref on here - the language was wrong (but the sentiment was fair...)

There was me having you down as a gentleman.
  • Options

There was me having you down as a gentleman.
    I am really, but strange red mists descend on football pitches...as I said, not proud and with kids now playing sports, they are very clear that they always respect the referees. Do as I say, not as I did....
  • Options

HJK Helsinki 
  • Options

HJK Helsinki 

Correct.
  • Options
    Skellefte vs Hudiksvall - 2 October 2016 - Soccerway
    Not up to @Addickted and @ricky_otto standard of ground attended like Hadjuk, but I have done this one.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Not a 'who plays here', as I imagine it would be impossibly difficult, but I love the first floating 'stadium' in Africa. (their description, not mine!).

Limited scope for a pitch invasion. Decent crowd, too!

Edit I see Singapore pre dated them.