Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who plays/played here? Groundsharing allowed

Comments

• Options

Teams, ground, player shooting and if you get the competition as well I will be stunned
    This is what makes the computer great. Knew the guy was Derek Hales, but bugger me, Hereford United against Dartford FC; that is brilliant. One week after Hereford United beat Newcastle Utd in the FA Cup, Dartford FC and Hales, become the giant killers. 

Hold my hand up to you, great picture with a great story and without the computer we would have missed on this!
  • Options
    I get the impression Ricky Otto and Elfsborg have experience of going to matches in Europe - I have F all experience outside of England apart from some shit Spanish 3rd or 4th division game about 30 years ago whilst on holiday (a truly shocking game of football) - perhaps they can draw up a plan ?
    Elfsborg has done more than me for sure - but he is 10 years older. My Favourite overseas ground is Valencia - done that 5 times in the last 10 years. Most obscure - Pattaya United. Most hostile atmosphere - Hadjuk Split. Most expensive - Real Madrid. Strangest - Lazio.. subwoofers behind the goal, fans smoking weed and home fans segregated...all very strange.

But as said earlier, Elfsborg is the man. 
    Subwoofers, wtf!

Valencia is decent, Spain as a whole for grounds is fantastic.  The Vicente Calderon is up there in my top 10.
    Most obscure-Quick Boys of Katwijk, played in sand dunes somewhere in Holland
    Most hostile-Vasco da Gama v Flamego.  It made 80's offs look like tea partys.
    Most expensive-Real Madrid v Betis last November
    Strangest-Viktoria Zizkov, fans beering it up and smoking 'stuff' on a 9.15 Sunday morning kick off.

Most OBSCURE Quick Boys as you say Katwijk thats on the coast just by Scheveningen which is the Blackpool or Brighton of Holland,The Dutch team also train there .
  • Options
    I get the impression Ricky Otto and Elfsborg have experience of going to matches in Europe - I have F all experience outside of England apart from some shit Spanish 3rd or 4th division game about 30 years ago whilst on holiday (a truly shocking game of football) - perhaps they can draw up a plan ?
    Elfsborg has done more than me for sure - but he is 10 years older. My Favourite overseas ground is Valencia - done that 5 times in the last 10 years. Most obscure - Pattaya United. Most hostile atmosphere - Hadjuk Split. Most expensive - Real Madrid. Strangest - Lazio.. subwoofers behind the goal, fans smoking weed and home fans segregated...all very strange.

But as said earlier, Elfsborg is the man. 
    Subwoofers, wtf!

Valencia is decent, Spain as a whole for grounds is fantastic.  The Vicente Calderon is up there in my top 10.
    Most obscure-Quick Boys of Katwijk, played in sand dunes somewhere in Holland
    Most hostile-Vasco da Gama v Flamego.  It made 80's offs look like tea partys.
    Most expensive-Real Madrid v Betis last November
    Strangest-Viktoria Zizkov, fans beering it up and smoking 'stuff' on a 9.15 Sunday morning kick off.

Most OBSCURE Quick Boys as you say Katwijk thats on the coast just by Scheveningen which is the Blackpool or Brighton of Holland,The Dutch team also train there .
    They had a band playing too!  End of May '92 if my memory serves well.
  • Options

Berlin?
  • Options
    No-one will get this so I will give some clues. Large Addick & Golf Addick are not allowed to answer. If you look closely you will see people in the trees. It was packed every match.

Clue n°1: On the back of one of the photos I wrote: 'This was an unusually dry game in rainy season - 3rd March 2002'

Clue n°2 is in one of the photos itself

Clue n°3: They have to have the crappest international team for some of the most fanatical supporters in the world

• Options
    No-one will get this so I will give some clues. Large Addick & Golf Addick are not allowed to answer. If you look closely you will see people in the trees. It was packed every match.

Clue n°1: On the back of one of the photos I wrote: 'This was an unusually dry game in rainy season - 3rd March 2002'

Clue n°3: They have to have the crappest international team for some of the most fanatical supporters in the world

Is there a prize for the right answer? bearing in mind "No one will get this".
  • Options
    Is it Sri Lanka
  • Options
    @jimmymelrose, bottom right hand corner of the first picture it looks like a Sri Lanka top.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I meant that no-one will get it if I don't give clues. 

It is not Sri Lanka. Correct continent but this is much further south

The name of the team is actually in one of the photos.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    i feel like I've seen a cricket match there....Caribbean?
  • Options
    @jimmymelrose, bottom right hand corner of the first picture it looks like a Sri Lanka top.
    No, blue and yellow are, or at least were, the team colours
  • Options
    Thailand ?
  • Options
    Barbados?
  • Options

Berlin?
    Not Berlin 
  • Options
     Barcelona, Olympic Stadium 
  • Options

Indonesia

Bali United, Kapten Stadium.
  • Options

• Options
    Addickted said:

Sudbury Town
  • Options

Indonesia

Bali United, Kapten Stadium.
    Yes, Indonesia, but not Bali. An island further west.

The name of the team is in a photo even if it is a bit hard to read.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ashford Town (Kent) ?
  • Options

Clue n°3: They have to have the crappest international team 

Going on clue 3 I’m going to say Scotland.
  • Options
    @Lordflashheart, is a no to Ashford.
  • Options

Is it Wayne Rooney's back garden? Sure that's him walking back from the halfway line.
  • Options

Maldives?
  • Options

Hemel Hempstead maybe?