Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who plays/played here? Groundsharing allowed

Comments

• Options
    north stand4a
    Evry?
  • Options
    And a third one. I've smudged out the date so that you can't cheat, and some advertising hoardings that give it away. 

Stade de Geneve
    Argentina 2-3 England November 2005 Stade de Geneve

Michael Owen scored two dramatic late goals to earn England victory in a pulsating friendly against Argentina.

Owen nodded in an equaliser on 87 minutes from Steven Gerrard's pinpoint cross and headed the winner from Joe Cole's floated centre in injury time.

Hernan Crespo put Argentina ahead from Maxi Rodrigruez's pull-back but the outstanding Wayne Rooney fired England level from David Beckham's knock-down.

Walter Samuel's downward header made it 2-1 before Owen's late intervention.

Until then it looked set to be a disappointing day for England in Switzerland's packed Stade de Geneve.

Absolutely correct.

I was in behind one goal with the England fans and my, then new fiancee, behind the opposite goal with the Argentinian fans!
  • Options
    No-one will get this so I will give some clues. Large Addick & Golf Addick are not allowed to answer. If you look closely you will see people in the trees. It was packed every match.

Clue n°1: On the back of one of the photos I wrote: 'This was an unusually dry game in rainy season - 3rd March 2002'

Clue n°2 is in one of the photos itself

Clue n°3: They have to have the crappest international team for some of the most fanatical supporters in the world

I don't know foreign grounds well, but like doing a bit of research, so thought I'd give this a go.

I've just spent a whole evening searching every ground in Indonesia, every team in Indonesia west of Bali, looking at league tables from 2002 to see who was in the league, looking up kits and clubs, studying floodlight pylons and fences, and google earthing pretty much every possibility.

Arema are playing, but this doesn't look like their ground as not the right trees and surroundings. None of the teams from 2002 that played in Blue and yellow have the right grounds. There are other grounds that are similar, but that have a stand support in the wrong place, or a different shaped terrace, or something else not quite right. 

I give up....  
    Blimey, you were determined, and you're right it is Arema's ground in Malang, Java, where I was living for one year. The ground is now all seater hence why it looks different on the satellite images you've found. They seem to be planning / building a new stadium. 

The thing I loved about this ground was the outdoor swimming pool. It was a shithole but I loved it.
  • Options
    @jimmymelrose, I have to give it to you but you have well and truly f***** a lot here.ee
    Your knowledge of football grounds Elfsborg is outstanding, and the Arema one is probably as difficult as anyone could find, especially with 18 year old photos.

I'm surprised no-one has got the second of my three though.
  • Options
    For the answer to the one I put on earlier, you need to look at the supporters' banners / flags. The team name is not the name of the city however so you'll have to google it.

Here's another. This one's easier:

Estadio Azteca? 
  • Options
    For the answer to the one I put on earlier, you need to look at the supporters' banners / flags. The team name is not the name of the city however so you'll have to google it.

Estadio Azteca? 
    Definitely, how did you get this?

I gave up.
  • Options
    @jimmymelrose, I have to give it to you but you have well and truly f***** a lot here.ee
    Your knowledge of football grounds Elfsborg is outstanding, and the Arema one is probably as difficult as anyone could find, especially with 18 year old photos.

It’s almost as outstanding as his ability to go missing when it’s his round. 
  • Options

A bit like your barnet Dicky!

Your public awaits your aged 20 picture mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The public is in for a long wait - I haven’t got any in my house. Every thing is boxed up in my old house or at my parents. Will have to wait until after lockdown. 
  • Options

Ha, ha, you guys have excellent football ground knowledge. I'd be happy to buy you a round, for example in July if I don't have to cancel my trip.
  • Options

Estadio Azteca? 

I gave up.
    I think that the giveaway is the thing hanging down in the middle. This cast a recognizable shadow on the pitch during the 86 World Cup.

I was there in 99.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Ha, ha, you guys have excellent football ground knowledge. I'd be happy to buy you a round, for example in July if I don't have to cancel my trip.
    Done, I have put this in my calender.

I'm Bromley, Dicky is Dagenham, where are you?  We need a middle point to meet.

If the boozers are still closed we can meet outside an off licence.
  • Options

The public is in for a long wait - I haven’t got any in my house. Every thing is boxed up in my old house or at my parents. Will have to wait until after lockdown. 
    Give mummy and daddy a bell, they can drop one round to me.
  • Options

Estadio Azteca? 

I gave up.
    the outside one had the word Puerta which means door in spanish

so then i saw the red white and green (Mexican colours on their flag) in the middle of the pitch plus that tannoy thing hanging down and got it from that. 
  • Options
    Nice one.

I remember the Mexican waves in '86.
  • Options

Dagenham FFS. 
  • Options

Not much of a clue but these were all taken in April/May '92.
  • Options

I think these 3 are difficult.

They were taken between 97 and 98.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Between Bromley and Dagenham,.......a middle point.....mmmmmmm? Er Charlton / Greenwich. If there's a match: Charlton. If not we have a kickabout in Greenwich park before so as to build up a nice thirst.
  • Options
    Elfs - is that a Turkish riot control vehicle in brown...remember seeing them in action in Besiktas a decade ago...
  • Options

Between Bromley and Dagenham,.......a middle point.....mmmmmmm? Er Charlton / Greenwich. If there's a match: Charlton. If not we have a kickabout in Greenwich park before so as to build up a nice thirst.
    Greenwich works, but without the kickabout.  I'd not need alcohol after running around for 30 minutes.

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    Elfs - is that a Turkish riot control vehicle in brown...remember seeing them in action in Besiktas a decade ago...

Nope, sorry.

This is not too difficult with a bit of research.
  • Options

Ignore that little toad - I do not live In Dagenham. Greenwich is good for me.
  • Options

Greenwich works, but without the kickabout.  I'd not need alcohol after running around for 30 minutes.

I wasn't even intending on you only being a sub. ,🙂

I'll message you when it gets nearer the time. If it's not this July then a later time.
  • Options

I wasn't even intending on you only being a sub. ,🙂

I'll message you when it gets nearer the time. If it's not this July then a later time.

No doubt it'll be later, f*** knows when something resembling normality begins.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    This is a tricky one. What I will say is that I've played here and some of you may have too. If you haven't played here there is still a good chance you've walked within a couple of hundred metres of this ground. The home side play in the 3rd division of their national league

• Options
    edited April 2020
    This is a tricky one. What I will say is that I've played here and some of you may have too. If you haven't played here there is still a good chance you've walked within a couple of hundred metres of this ground. The home side play in the 3rd division of their national league

I have no idea, but reckon this is somewhere like Tenerife, Maljorca etc.
  • Options

I think these 3 are difficult.

They were taken between 97 and 98.

Is the last one Maidstone?