Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who plays/played here? Groundsharing allowed

Comments

• Options
    Stadium - Diamond League - Stockholm
    This picture does not do the ground justice.

Stockholm

An absolutely fantastic ground.

I managed to go 3 times, Djurgarden used to play their home games here, they are now playing here.............

Tele2 Arena  White arkitekter  ArchDaily

Seen Elfsborg twice and Djurgarden v Hammarby(who share equally with Djurgarden).

• Options

Stockholm

I managed to go 3 times, Djurgarden used to play their home games here, they are now playing here.............

Seen Elfsborg twice and Djurgarden v Hammarby(who share equally with Djurgarden).

A bit of a change...
  • Options

Stockholm

A bit of a change...

This is probably better than the national stadium, the Friends Arena, AIK play there.
    Beska Friends Arena  Friends Arena

• Options
    Love this photo.
    Photographer did a series of landmarks in the same style
    -
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Love this photo.
    Photographer did a series of landmarks in the same style
    -

I'd want to be kicking down hill in the second half.

Have no idea on who this is.
  • Options
    For the answer to the one I put on earlier, you need to look at the supporters' banners / flags. The team name is not the name of the city however so you'll have to google it.

Here's another. This one's easier:

• Options
    And a third one. I've smudged out the date so that you can't cheat, and some advertising hoardings that give it away. 

• Options
    @jimmymelrose, I have to give it to you but you have well and truly f***** a lot here.
  • Options
    No-one will get this so I will give some clues. Large Addick & Golf Addick are not allowed to answer. If you look closely you will see people in the trees. It was packed every match.

Clue n°1: On the back of one of the photos I wrote: 'This was an unusually dry game in rainy season - 3rd March 2002'

Clue n°2 is in one of the photos itself

Clue n°3: They have to have the crappest international team for some of the most fanatical supporters in the world

I don't know foreign grounds well, but like doing a bit of research, so thought I'd give this a go.

I've just spent a whole evening searching every ground in Indonesia, every team in Indonesia west of Bali, looking at league tables from 2002 to see who was in the league, looking up kits and clubs, studying floodlight pylons and fences, and google earthing pretty much every possibility.

Arema are playing, but this doesn't look like their ground as not the right trees and surroundings. None of the teams from 2002 that played in Blue and yellow have the right grounds. There are other grounds that are similar, but that have a stand support in the wrong place, or a different shaped terrace, or something else not quite right. 

I give up....  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And a third one. I've smudged out the date so that you can't cheat, and some advertising hoardings that give it away. 

Leicester? 
  • Options

Leicester? 
    Looks good to me Dicky.
  • Options
    definitely not Leicester - looks a bit foreign.
  • Options
    definitely not Leicester - looks a bit foreign.
    Nationwide hoarding a clue.
  • Options

Stade de Geneve
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Stade de Geneve
    Argentina 2-3 England November 2005 Stade de Geneve

Michael Owen scored two dramatic late goals to earn England victory in a pulsating friendly against Argentina.

Owen nodded in an equaliser on 87 minutes from Steven Gerrard's pinpoint cross and headed the winner from Joe Cole's floated centre in injury time.

Hernan Crespo put Argentina ahead from Maxi Rodrigruez's pull-back but the outstanding Wayne Rooney fired England level from David Beckham's knock-down.

Walter Samuel's downward header made it 2-1 before Owen's late intervention.

Until then it looked set to be a disappointing day for England in Switzerland's packed Stade de Geneve.

• Options

Raatin Stadion, Finland
  • Options
    @jimmymelrose - apologies, I don't know any of these overseas grounds, but have enjoyed finding clues in the pictures that lead me there. I'll step back now and allow proper foreign ground knowledge to answer... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Raatin Stadion, Finland

Has the stand been redeveloped? 
  • Options

Have you been to this ground, if so, when was this picture taken?

Unless @SporadicAddick is correct.
  • Options

Raatin Stadion, Finland
    Please tell me it's nickname is 'Mi Kitchen' (what am I gonna do?)
  • Options

Bohemians/Prague.

A cracking ground.  I went there for a Prague derby v Dukla, Dukla had 60!
  • Options

Bohemians/Prague.

Very impressive knowledge Elfsborg

• Options

Bohemians/Prague.

Very impressive knowledge Elfsborg

The terrace is unusual, lots of 'smoking' during the game.