Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    Part of the deal with government was that the BBC got live games. Be stunned if Liverpool are one of those four games mind
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So we have a squad to play with? 

GK

Phillips
    Amos

RB
    Solly 
    Matthews

CB
    Lockyer
    Oshilaja
    Pearce 
    Sarr

LB
    Purrington
    Page

CDM
    Field
    Pratley
    Davis

CM
    Cullen
    Pratley
    Forster Caskey
    Lapslie
    Smith
    Morgan 

CAM
    Williams
    Aneke
    Oztumer
    McGeady

FW
    Taylor
    Bonne
    Hemed
    Davison

Pretty much means a first 11 of:
    Phillips 
    Matthews | Oshilaja | Pearce | Purrington
    Field
    Cullen | Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor | Bonne
    I would include Lockyer and Sarr

That report makes it seem like the 3 were

Smith
    Hemed
    Davies

Hemes we know is back
    Smith Bowyer expects back

Davies he stil isnt sure about.

There was no mention of Sarr and Lockyer so hoping it was a wrong bit of info(although it came from a credible source) 
    Has Andre Green not come back from Villa?
  • Options
    12 Premier League games being considered for neutral venues, likely to be derby games according to 5Live
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

GK

Phillips
    Amos

RB
    Solly 
    Matthews

CB
    Lockyer
    Oshilaja
    Pearce 
    Sarr

LB
    Purrington
    Page

CDM
    Field
    Pratley
    Davis

CM
    Cullen
    Pratley
    Forster Caskey
    Lapslie
    Smith
    Morgan 

CAM
    Williams
    Aneke
    Oztumer
    McGeady

FW
    Taylor
    Bonne
    Hemed
    Davison

Phillips 
    Field
    Cullen | Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor | Bonne
    I would include Lockyer and Sarr

That report makes it seem like the 3 were

Smith
    Hemed
    Davies

Hemes we know is back
    Smith Bowyer expects back

Davies he stil isnt sure about.

There was no mention of Sarr and Lockyer so hoping it was a wrong bit of info(although it came from a credible source) 
    Has Andre Green not come back from Villa?
    Yes he has
  • Options
    Unless the Championship resumes as far as I am concerned the season is over and all of the games played are meaningless. 

its a total farce that the Premier league will be finished and the other 3 divisions potentially  won’t. 

When Is the decision on the Championship finishing or not being made? 

• Options
    Sage said:
    Unless the Championship resumes as far as I am concerned the season is over and all of the games played are meaningless. 

its a total farce that the Premier league will be finished and the other 3 divisions potentially  won’t. 

Someone on here could confirm it, but I think Monday is the vote. The likelihood is and what seems like is that it will go ahead.
    Thanks, I couldn’t find it. I hope your right, it does seem like it will. However, it’s easy for certain chairman to say they want to play, let’s hope they are being honest. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Pratley would before Matthews. If Page is fit then Purrington more likely to cover CB out of the full backs imo. 
    I'd agree, Pratley could be used at CB.

Purrington can't head a ball any better than Page can, so I'd hope neither would be asked to play CB.  :smile:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Added Green.

GK
    Phillips
    Amos

RB
    Solly 
    Matthews

CB
    Lockyer
    Oshilaja
    Pearce 
    Sarr

LB
    Purrington
    Page

CDM
    Field
    Pratley
    Davis

CM
    Cullen
    Pratley
    Forster Caskey
    Lapslie
    Smith
    Morgan 

CAM
    Williams
    Doughty
    Aneke
    Oztumer
    McGeady

FW
    Taylor
    Bonne
    Hemed
    Davison
    Green

Phillips 
    Matthews | Lockyer | Pearce | Purrington
    Field
    Cullen | Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor | Bonne

Subs: Solly, Sarr, Page, Doughty, Aneke, Green
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

Someone on here could confirm it, but I think Monday is the vote. The likelihood is and what seems like is that it will go ahead.
    And if it doesn't it should be void.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

GK

Phillips
    Amos

RB
    Solly 
    Matthews

CB
    Lockyer
    Oshilaja
    Pearce 
    Sarr

LB
    Purrington
    Page

CDM
    Field
    Pratley
    Davis

CM
    Cullen
    Pratley
    Forster Caskey
    Lapslie
    Smith
    Morgan 

CAM
    Williams
    Aneke
    Oztumer
    McGeady

FW
    Taylor
    Bonne
    Hemed
    Davison

Phillips 
    Field
    Cullen | Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor | Bonne
    Doughty?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

GK

Phillips
    Amos

RB
    Solly 
    Matthews

CB
    Lockyer
    Oshilaja
    Pearce 
    Sarr

LB
    Purrington
    Page

CDM
    Field
    Pratley
    Davis

CM
    Cullen
    Pratley
    Forster Caskey
    Lapslie
    Smith
    Morgan 

CAM
    Williams
    Aneke
    Oztumer
    McGeady

FW
    Taylor
    Bonne
    Hemed
    Davison

Phillips 
    Field
    Cullen | Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor | Bonne
    Green
  • Options
    @kafka, @cantersaddick you need to check Dazzler's latest post on this thread :)
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    If lockyer & Sarr are not available I reckon were doomed.
  • Options
    As soon as I heard some players weren't coming back due to pregnant partners I figured Sarr would be one of them. A shame. Lockyer too is a real blow. I wonder if they'll change their minds at any point...

As for playing behind closed doors, I am not sure whether that would benefit us or not. Our away fans tend to give great support. Home fans? Hmm. Or am I 'digging out' ;)
  • Options
    Am I missing something here? Article on the OS says everyone expect Davis, Smith and Hemed returned to training on Monday with Smith and Hemed due back on Friday leaving only Davis missing. 

I think the confusion here is before the article we had been made aware from a very credible source and someone who in the past has given very good insider information on here that they were told Sarr and Lockyer hadnt returned, Sarr and Lockyer haven't been seen in any picture to add fuel to the fire.

Then the article mentioned 3 players not returning, but by nane only mentioned Davies, Hemed and Smith the latter 2 as you say expected to return tomorrow.

But still no mention of Sarr and Lockyer and nobody has seen either of them.

I did try to get things cleared up by sending them both a DM on Instagram but no reply, guess they get hundreds of DMs lol
  • Options
    Given the Bundesliga appears to have returned without any problems, other European leagues have now returned too (off the top of my head Czech, Denmark, Serbia, Austria, Hungary, Poland), La Liga to return soon and then Serie A and then finally the premier league, i wonder if the French and Dutch leagues now feel they were a bit hasty in ending their season?
  • Options
    So Monday if the championship vote is it 13 clubs vote to void it - and the final table is decided on ppg - which or course people have seen apart from West Brom and Leeds and those immediately above relegation ( really hope hull go down after there behaviour ) would vote to void it. 

Hopefully they publish those clubs that vote to void it so they can rightly be called out For there respect to the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Given the Bundesliga appears to have returned without any problems, other European leagues have now returned too (off the top of my head Czech, Denmark, Serbia, Austria, Hungary, Poland), La Liga to return soon and then Serie A and then finally the premier league, i wonder if the French and Dutch leagues now feel they were a bit hasty in ending their season?
    Given the burnout many sides will face in 12 months time, maybe they feel it's the best way to get Ajax/PSG a Champions League win? 
  • Options
    So Monday if the championship vote is it 13 clubs vote to void it - and the final table is decided on ppg - which or course people have seen apart from West Brom and Leeds and those immediately above relegation ( really hope hull go down after there behaviour ) would vote to void it. 

Hopefully they publish those clubs that vote to void it so they can rightly be called out For there respect to the game.
    From what i've read most clubs are keen to play on, even (very admirably) Leeds and West brom who would go up if the season ended now. The Leeds chief exec even said that it'd be a national embarrassment if the championship didn't play on.

Birmingham, Derby, Hull and Reading are supposedly the only clubs against resuming. But let's see how it goes in an actual vote.
  • Options
    Surprised BBC got live games. 
    Smart PR to put a token four games on the beeb
  • Options
    Our squad will be fine without Davis. In fact he's directly contributed to us conceding a few goals. 
  • Options
    we won't miss Davis if everyone else is fit - booking / red card waiting to happen
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    As soon as I heard some players weren't coming back due to pregnant partners I figured Sarr would be one of them. A shame. Lockyer too is a real blow. I wonder if they'll change their minds at any point...

As for playing behind closed doors, I am not sure whether that would benefit us or not. Our away fans tend to give great support. Home fans? Hmm. Or am I 'digging out' ;)
    We've had great away support all year and have only won once on the road since August. Shouldn't be an issue!
  • Options
    Championship teams have started training so that tells us the intention is to go ahead. Whether it does or doesn't may depend on non football events.
  • Options
    Championship teams have started training so that tells us the intention is to go ahead. Whether it does or doesn't may depend on non football events.
    I can't see the first game not happening now. The date may be pushed back, but I don't see the sort pf emergency spikes which would cause it to be cancelled at this stage
  • Options
    I think the key is the proposed easing of lockdown on 1 June. Many experts are fearing that infection rates will increase and possibly go over the R1 factor. If that happens, there will be a hardening of attitudes and that will inevitably affect player's willingness to restart the season.
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ed0d3c45a8ed/efl-statement-coronavirus-update-29052020

At its meeting on Wednesday, May 27th, having carefully considered submissions from clubs, the EFL Board agreed to progress with the proposed framework it outlined on Thursday, May 21st 2020 in respect of changes to EFL Regulations in the event Season 2019/20 is curtailed in any EFL Division. 

At the same time as advising on its proposed approach last week, the Board had asked clubs to give it appropriate consideration and provide any feedback. Communications were submitted from clubs across all divisions and those proposals, some of which have been made available publicly, suggested how the framework in the event the season is ended prematurely could alternatively work. 

The Board has to date been consistent in its approach that playing out the remainder of Season 2019/20 when it is safe to do so, is the preferred position and whilst the Championship have advised of their intentions to resume fixtures, League Two clubs have indicated their preference to curtail the season. At present clubs in League One are still undecided.  

A decision on whether or not to curtail the season is a matter to be considered by clubs in any affected division, but only once a framework for resolving open issues in such circumstances has been agreed by all members across all divisions through a Regulation change.  

After a full and comprehensive review of the club submissions, alongside consideration of views stated at the club meetings of May 13th and May 15th, the Board unanimously agreed to continue with the original approach and is now proposing to call a meeting of clubs on Monday, June 8th to consider and, if thought fit, approve the proposals to introduce the Regulation change. 

The EFL Articles allow Member clubs the opportunity to propose amendments to Regulations and should any club wish to propose an alternative, it must do so by submitting such a proposal by no later than 2.00pm on Tuesday, June 2nd. 

The EFL will issue any notice of meeting later that day. Any such club proposals will be considered at the same meeting as the Board’s proposal.