Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    Thank you @ForeverAddickted, interesting article and does sound like we'll finish the season. I'm surprised there was no mention of the three that don't want the risk
  • Options
    3 have tested positive out of 1030 from a test round of testing. The 3 who tested positive are across 2 teams. I see the media are saying 2 are from Fulham 
    2 from Fulham. Blackburn captain is the other 1
    What happened to the two Hull players they claimed to have then?
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    3 have tested positive out of 1030 from a test round of testing. The 3 who tested positive are across 2 teams. I see the media are saying 2 are from Fulham 
    The Hull players were from the first round of testing. The Fulham/Blackburn three are from the 2nd set of tests.
  • Options
    Premier League reports suggesting the “games in hand” to be played on 17th June before a full round of fixtures on weekend of 20th/21st
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    The Hull players were from the first round of testing. The Fulham/Blackburn three are from the 2nd set of tests.
    But does that mean that the two Hull players weren't tested again because they are still isolating or that they have now tested negative? 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    But does that mean that the two Hull players weren't tested again because they are still isolating or that they have now tested negative? 
    I’d presume they’re still isolating but they haven’t passed it on to their teammates who have been tested again.
  • Options
    They keep mentioning a potential starting date but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere about what happens after that. Is it games every saturday as per usual or as was discussed a month or 2 ago, games sat,wed, sat.  Anyone know  ? 

Would also help as I'm looking to book a summer holiday (UK) and would be good to have an idea when the season will end. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    There will have to be weekend and midweek games. They won't want to drag it out! They want to finish it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Director of Football, Steve Gallen, is in conversation with David Davis who has not returned to the club yet. 

Lee Bowyer said: “I spoke with David at the weekend and he explained he didn’t think it was safe to come back to London.

“That was his decision, I won’t hold that against him. It is his life and he’s got a young kid.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ecfc0589b519/sparrows-lane-update-jason-pearce-david-davis-tomer-hemed-matt-smith
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    So its

Sarr?
    Lockyer?
    Davies

Ok
    Davies we can probably cope without if Field gets fit, we have enough CMs

Its Sarr and Lockyer that worry me

Or is that link saying  its Hemed and Smith the ither 2 but Bowyer is expecting them to return, Hemed was in Israel and Smith getting tested at City but both expected to return 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Sarr and Lockyer I’ve heard are two
    That does surprise me to be completely honest

Pearce and Lapslie are definitely training because they've been seen in club photos

David Davis the other perhaps?

Not a bad guess - I did wonder if it was because he wasnt in London and didnt feel comfortable coming down here
  • Options
    So its

Sarr?
    Lockyer?
    Davies

Ok
    Davies we can probably cope without if Field gets fit, we have enough CMs

Its Sarr and Lockyer that worry me

Or is that link saying  its Hemed and Smith the ither 2 but Bowyer is expecting them to return, Hemed was in Israel and Smith getting tested at City but both expected to return 
    I would actually wonder if Hemed and Smith are the other two players

Find it interesting how the OS states that David Davis hasnt returned to the club YET

Doesnt mean it wont happen though

Wonder if others will have the reverse opinion to Lyle Taylor

i.e. wait and see what the testing results are like, if they feel its safe because there are very few cases then they'll be back
  • Options
    To be honest if you had to pick players to lose it could be a lot worse than those three. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    To be honest if you had to pick players to lose it could be a lot worse than those three. 
    Also means if Hemed (Yeah I know he's not a loanee) and Smith are the other two and are on the way back, along with Field being involved then we're back to five loans

Means Bowyer doesnt have to worry about making the call as to which loan signing doesnt make the matchday squad
  • Options
    To be honest, I wouldn't blame Matt Smith if he didn't want to come back. He will have gone back to Manchester during the break and would have to travel back down again for a restart. Where's he been staying while with us? A hotel? He couldn't get a game when we were struggling for numbers and now that we've probably got Field back fit and no-one's fallen over on Jonny Williams in a while he'll be even further from the squad. All for what, a month or two of the season left? I hope he does come back, because I give Williams, Field, JFC and Oztumer about six combined minutes before parts of them explode, but if he opts not to I'd get it.
  • Options
    Wouldn't miss Smith or Davis at all. I'm pretty sure Hemed will play as he is coming back from Israel - you don't do that if you are then not going to train. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry if I have missed it. Will the friendly be on Valley Pass😁

More importantly If we are to finish the season will all of our games be streamed? 

Already sick of how excited talkSPORT are on the return of the Primmadonnship. 
  • Options
    They keep mentioning a potential starting date but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere about what happens after that. Is it games every saturday as per usual or as was discussed a month or 2 ago, games sat,wed, sat.  Anyone know  ? 

Would also help as I'm looking to book a summer holiday (UK) and would be good to have an idea when the season will end. 

Whisper it quietly but you won't be able to go to the games whenever they are …….
    I do know this bro. Just don't want to book up somewhere where we might not be able to watch it online or disturb the other 2's holiday by wanting to watch a midweek game or whenever they are going to be.
  • Options

More importantly If we are to finish the season will all of our games be streamed? 

My guess is IFollow will open up streaming to all games in the uk for a fee.
    Season Ticket holders should be free and I would guess it would be £10 a game for other games, maybe they would do a special offer, 9 games left so all 9 games for £60 or something like that
  • Options
    I'm hoping Sky will be showing them on the red button. No reason why not. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020

My guess is IFollow will open up streaming to all games in the uk for a fee.
    Season Ticket holders should be free and I would guess it would be £10 a game for other games, maybe they would do a special offer, 9 games left so all 9 games for £60 or something like that
    It would certainly be one way for Championship clubs to gain even the slightest bit of revenue

Seeing a game on the TV compared to being at the ground is completely different

But if Charlton gave me the choice; get a refund or see the last home games for free on iFollow then I'd take the latter

Especially if its the right people gaining from keeping that revenue (basically anyone other than Southall)
  • Options
    So we have a squad to play with? 

GK

Phillips
    Amos

RB
    Solly 
    Matthews

CB
    Lockyer
    Oshilaja
    Pearce 
    Sarr

LB
    Purrington
    Page

CDM
    Field
    Pratley
    Davis

CM
    Cullen
    Pratley
    Forster Caskey
    Lapslie
    Smith
    Morgan 

CAM
    Williams
    Aneke
    Oztumer
    McGeady

FW
    Taylor
    Bonne
    Hemed
    Davison

Pretty much means a first 11 of:
    Phillips 
    Matthews | Oshilaja | Pearce | Purrington
    Field
    Cullen | Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor | Bonne
  • Options
    Plus a bench of: Amos | Solly | Page | Forster-Caskey | Aneke | Hemed | McGeady
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

GK

Phillips
    Amos

RB
    Solly 
    Matthews

CB
    Lockyer
    Oshilaja
    Pearce 
    Sarr

LB
    Purrington
    Page

CDM
    Field
    Pratley
    Davis

CM
    Cullen
    Pratley
    Forster Caskey
    Lapslie
    Smith
    Morgan 

CAM
    Williams
    Aneke
    Oztumer
    McGeady

FW
    Taylor
    Bonne
    Hemed
    Davison

Phillips 
    Field
    Cullen | Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor | Bonne
    I would include Lockyer and Sarr

That report makes it seem like the 3 were

Smith
    Hemed
    Davies

Hemes we know is back
    Smith Bowyer expects back

Davies he stil isnt sure about.

There was no mention of Sarr and Lockyer so hoping it was a wrong bit of info(although it came from a credible source) 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

GK

Phillips
    Amos

RB
    Solly 
    Matthews

CB
    Lockyer
    Oshilaja
    Pearce 
    Sarr

LB
    Purrington
    Page

CDM
    Field
    Pratley
    Davis

CM
    Cullen
    Pratley
    Forster Caskey
    Lapslie
    Smith
    Morgan 

CAM
    Williams
    Aneke
    Oztumer
    McGeady

FW
    Taylor
    Bonne
    Hemed
    Davison

Phillips 
    Field
    Cullen | Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor | Bonne
    I would include Lockyer and Sarr

That report makes it seem like the 3 were

Smith
    Hemed
    Davies

Hemes we know is back
    Smith Bowyer expects back

Davies he stil isnt sure about.

There was no mention of Sarr and Lockyer so hoping it was a wrong bit of info(although it came from a credible source) 
    I'm going to maintain my list as is.

I think Lockyer and Sarr are out as I'm sure we'd have seen something from Naby on social by now if he was back training. I did not read the report as though Hemed and Smith were the two. 
  • Options
    Just re-read it and maybe you're right @paulie8290 they did say the rest returned.